It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: great attitude!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I know this thread has been going quite awhile, but I had to chime in... the meds are doing their job, but it is your attitude that is helping you stay so successful! Humility about yourself and the situation you have found yourself in, that we have ALL found ourselves in, with no excises, no blatant manipulation and no "Im so special" mentality in regards to addiction. Have you thought at all about what role you want sub to play in your life longterm? I am 33, married with 2 kids, and have a great life. I was on suboxone about 8 months ago for 18 days and was in a rush rush rush to get off, lesson learned, started using pills again and this time I found a wonderful center, found peace within myself and am humble enough to swallow the fact that I will likely be on these long term... Please keep hs posted, Im rooting for you!

MW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:26 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

wow...not to sound completely cheesy but I must say I am truly inspired by your comments and your recovery! I am one week into my treatment and am still dealing with those damn leg pains! I swear I wake up feeling like I ran 10 miles in my sleep and going to bed is even harder - sleeping pills and all. I stand the taste of the pills - like you kept mentioning - very strange tasting....so I keep putting off taking them till I absolutely can't take the pain any more...although it makes me feel sick leaving them under my tongue...the taste drives me nuts. Well just wanted to say congrats and I hope you and Amanda are doing well and that she has come to terms with your addiction problems and can see past it..I am sure she has :) Good luck in the future and send me a help-a-long message sometime :)