It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: introducing me
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, i am very happy to have found this site! i have been taking subutex to help with my recovery from opiates for three months now. It has changed my life, i was not able to stop taking opiates before i was put on subutex, i tried a number of times and was just unable to, i was drivin to tears many times because i was unable to break free from taking opiates.
I am now drug free! i dont take any drugs at all, I do however feel that even though i am prescribed subutex it is still a very powerfull opioid and i am not able to stop taking it everyday like i do or i would go back to taking another form of opiates.
I do not know what the future holds for me, at this point i cannot imagine getting off of subutex, i am very open with my counseler and her and my Doctor have told me that some ppl need to take subutex for years,,, or in some cases the rest of there life, im just not sure what i am going to do in the future but i can tell you that, My life is so much better in so many ways since i have been on subutex, i want to learn from all of you and hope i can have some input that may help another person with the terrible addiction of opiates, my name is Aaron, i take around 16mg of subutex everyday....it does vary sometimes though some days i take more and other days i take less,,,,I hope to make friends here i can talk to about some of these issues

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:18 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Ext_in_use wrote:
Hi, i am very happy to have found this site! i have been taking subutex to help with my recovery from opiates for three months now. It has changed my life, i was not able to stop taking opiates before i was put on subutex, i tried a number of times and was just unable to, i was drivin to tears many times because i was unable to break free from taking opiates.
I am now drug free! i dont take any drugs at all, I do however feel that even though i am prescribed subutex it is still a very powerfull opioid and i am not able to stop taking it everyday like i do or i would go back to taking another form of opiates.
I do not know what the future holds for me, at this point i cannot imagine getting off of subutex, i am very open with my counseler and her and my Doctor have told me that some ppl need to take subutex for years,,, or in some cases the rest of there life, im just not sure what i am going to do in the future but i can tell you that, My life is so much better in so many ways since i have been on subutex, i want to learn from all of you and hope i can have some input that may help another person with the terrible addiction of opiates, my name is Aaron, i take around 16mg of subutex everyday....it does vary sometimes though some days i take more and other days i take less,,,,I hope to make friends here i can talk to about some of these issues

HI AARON, and welcome to the forum!

You will find a lot of support here and some answers to your questions. It is a very helpful forum.

I like you, could not get off the opiates no matter how hard I tried..I was addicted to them for 29 years. It was a living hell always counting and trying to get enough..lying to my husband, lying to everyone. When I found subutex it changed my life. It immediately stopped my craving for drugs. I never even thought about them anymore which was a miracle for me.

I am lucky my husband stayed with me through it all and we have been married for 42 years now, have grandchildren and everything is good.

I also do not know when and if I will ever get off the subutex. I have been on it for 2 years now. I think each person is different and you have to do what you think you need to do...I know if I got off now I would be right back on the norcos, hydrocodone...I am just not strong enough to go without my subutex.

We are glad to have you here. There will be other people that will come along and post to you.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing...

Slipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:56 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WELCOME AARON

glad you found 'us'

I totally get what your saying about not being able to quit the opiates no matter how hard you tried. I was right there too. the longest I made it cold turkey was about a week and half. which seemed like a lifetime!!!
I even tried the methadone thing, I found that way too fun also. Me and my addictive personality, just wants MORE MORE and MORE

Anyway, thats all ancient history now. or seems like it. Ive been on suboxone now for a year, and three weeks.
done great. longest stint of sobriety since about 14 yrs old, when I started. (im 30 now)

The biggest thing going on for me right now, is Im getting new teeth!! cant wait.....
Ive had 18 molars pulled (9 at a time) in the last 3 months, only 5 teeth to go, when I get those pulled I'll have a denture immediately on top, and a partial on bottom.
I did it without any pain pills. took my suboxone, and ibprofen/tylenol ,,,, it wasnt fun, but I made it. Now I feel like I can make it thru anything, let me tell ya.

ten yrs of drug use, was REALLY great for my dental health....LOL though I didnt have a great start to begin with.

WELL Ive rambled on for quite long enough, ,, ,hope you stick around, theres lots to be learned here, and lots of support

have a great night :wink: :wink: :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Aaron and welcome to the forum. I'm glad suboxone has helped you get your life together. I just want to say that many people, like you, struggle with the notion of staying on or going off suboxone. It's quite common, so you're not alone there. You don't have to decide now to stay on it forever. You can decide to go off anytime, just by starting your taper.

You said you're on 16 mg, but that you take more or less on some days. Are you also taking sub for pain? If not, why are you not taking the same dose every day? Just curious. It's important to take the same dose every day, at the same time. Then just forget about it the rest of the day. Just imagine it's like any other medication you would take every day. This way it removes the whole "taking a pill when we feel like it" thing we had going in active addiction. Just a thought for you to consider.

Obviously I don't know how you're taking your sub, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

We're happy to have you here and hope you'll stick around to get to know us better. Again, WELCOME!

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you, Everyone
Great welcome, i am glad this is not a ghost town forum!
Hatmaker, i will seriously consider what you said about taking it once a day, i already read that somewhere else in the forum. i plan to read alot more on the forums, im sure there is alot of valuable information that will help me in my recovery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Aaron,

Welcome to the forum. Please, please tell me that you're the guy in the picture with the beard.....otherwise, we've just encountered our youngest opiate addict ever!! :lol:

I hear ya about not being able to quit opiates on your own. I too tried several times and just couldn't do it. Suboxone enabled me to stabilize my life and get some recovery under under my belt and when I was ready, I got off Suboxone. If I were you, I'd stay on Suboxone until you know good and well you're ready to stop it.

I'm glad you're taking the time to read around the forum too, there's a ton of good info around here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 5:45 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Arron, again welcome.
I'm the weak link in that I'm struggling to keep sober. But I am never stopping trying to keep off the... erm... (Heroin). The people on here have really helped me keep strong and just to keep going. I have gained alot of knowledge - more on here than from the professions in the UK when it comes to recovering from opiate addiction.
No doubt people around here have noticed a pattern with me in that when I am not posting it means I have been taken over by the Devil H again.
Please keep coming back on. I can't give you any advise on what to do with tappering off as I am not clean yet, but I can rest assured when I do get there I will be finding help and support from the people here.
Good night for now - cheerio as we say in England

PS - Romeo you never cease to make me giggle!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Aaron, and another welcome to the forum...glad you found us. This place has helped a lot of people who are on sub treatment, including me!

Babydoll - Romeo's posts always make me laugh too!!