It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:12 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello all,

My name is Jason and I am currently on Sub. I am 23 years old and have been addicted to opiates since I was 15. I have tried virtually every form of opiate, but my main supply used to be prescriptions for Roxi and Hydro. I abused pills for years and FINALLY made the decision to give Sub a try back in April. I have not ingested a single illicit day since the moment my doctor gave me my first strip and it still completely blows me away that Sub made it all possible. I started at 8mg/TID of Suboxone (I realize this seems a bit high, it even surprised me when my doctor prescribed that much, but it worked so God bless him!) and have now tapered all the way down to 2mg once a day (a quarter of my 8mg strips!!!). I recommend Sub to absolutely every opiate addict that I meet and have even gave several of my own strips away to introduce serious addicts to a way out. Suboxone saved my life and I am so extremely thankful for this forum because reading through topics here actually led me finally give it a shot. I am getting married in December to the love of my life and it would not have been possible without the Sub. We had been engaged for awhile but she simply refused to marry me until I kicked the pills (who could blame her?!).

I was by far the most serious opiate addict that I have ever known personally. While I did manage to never cross over into using IV as my ROA, I required at least 150mg of IR Oxy or 300mg of hydro a day to stay well. Even at the peak of my addiction I wouldn't have been able to tell you the last time opiates had made me high, I simply did them to get by. When I didn't have them, I was absolutely out of control. I have verbally abused every person that has ever loved me in an attempt to manipulate them into getting me more drugs. I have since made peace with everyone and my family and friends could not be happier with my progress. I have finally joined this forum because I would like to encourage people who are currently like I was to just give Sub a chance. I never would have thought that the "Diet Coke of Opiates" (as I had heard it called many times) would have been able to get someone like me totally off of pills, but it did.

Feel free to ask me anything you would like!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:45 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi, i am new to this forum and i just started sub today. i have been taking 30-70 mg of tabs for about 4yrs. The dr put me on sub 16mg daily. i thought that was kinda high too. im supposed to take 1/2 a strip 4 times a day. the first 1/2 made me feel really loopy so im thinking about only taking 1/4 on my next dose. did it affect you like that in the beginning? i dont want to feel high just normal. any thoughts? How long did it take befor your dr started weaning you down?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome 2 new members,

Dragon- if you're feeling loopy your dose could be too high. I think I read in another post you were on codeine, if I'm right look at the post above you. 150mg oxy is equal to like a billion mg of codeine. Not really but it's much higher and they started on half of what you are prescribed. A lot of the time less is more with sub, see how you feel on less and you won't be raising your opiate tolerance thru the roof. You can always go back up if it's not the right move. Some doctors just prescribe more than they should and don't know any better really IMO.

Good luck, feel better and congrats,

-glen b

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello Shandydesigns and welocme to the forum!!!! Thank you so much for sharing yor story with us. It really is an amazing thing isn't it? I know that I am so grateful to be where I am today, and it sounds as though you are too. Congratulations on your engagement, and good luck to you!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:58 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Shandy and welcome. Thanks for sharing such a great story with us. I'm so happy to hear you're doing so well and have made peace with the people in your lives. Sub helped me do that as well. It's been 3.5 years for me, but I also need it for pain. (I've dropped my dose recently, but I don't know how long I'll stay on it.)

Dragon - Like was said, you could be on too high a dose for your needs. Are you on it for pain as well? If not, there's no need to dose 4 times a day (did I read that right?!). If you are going to lower your dose, you could just cut out a couple of those midday doses, I would think that would be the best way. But do keep in mind that for the first few days of sub treatment, it is normal to be a little bit loopy, but not much longer than 4-5 days before you become acclimated to it.

Good luck to both of you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.