It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Intro
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:27 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi I'm Bluejet312: I'm trying very hard to wean off of Suboxone. I've been on a 1/2 pill for about 6 months; about 2 1/2 years under a Psychiatrist care. I started with 4 pills/day about 2 1/2 years ago (I was originally hooked on Tramadol/Ultram and got off of Tramadol with Suboxone). I welcome any suggestions from anyone on the forum and I will try my best to be as helpful as I can as well. Thanks in advance to everyone. Bluejet312

Post subject: Re: Intro
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:37 am 

Sorry bluejet312 that no one responded to your post. Keep in mind that right now we have ½ the forum trying to get off Sub so your message seems to have been lost.

This forum is more about recovery with Suboxone as a tool aid but we surely understand the need for people to want to get off of it. That is why we have sections for it.

Why don't you read the tapering threads and see how others did it. If your mind is made up and you have a good recovery plan it just may work.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you get more messages now that your post is back on top.

rule

Post subject: Re: Intro
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:20 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey there Bluejet!

How is the taper going? Sounds like you've done a great job so far- I know it is not easy (but not as bad as most people fear either, right?)

I tapered from 12mgs (8year habit), jumped from .375mgs and am about 3.5 months med-free, so it can be done! How many mgs. are you at now? Do you have a plan? If you post a bit more info. I can try to give you some advice (my opinions only of course).

Do you only have pills, or can you switch to strips? With the pills I have read some people having success with the "liquid taper" method. I used strips and cut them, and there is a cutting guide available to help get accurate dosage which is especially helpful as you get really low.

Welcome to the forum!
:D BF

Mahatma Gandhi