It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hey all! I have been browsing this forum since December of 09 when I first found Suboxone. I have never posted on a forum a day in my life so please bear with me. I have been fighting opiate addiction for thirteen years and finally hit a bottom several years back. I was taking 90+ mg of Oxycodone a day. Didn't know anything about Suboxone then, I ended up finding NA which saved my life the first time around. Left NA after having over 1.5 years clean to try life on my own... Continued doing well for quite some time without a drop of obsession. I never drank unless I was doing pills either. Ended up relapsing with just over 2 and a half years clean and could not stop for nothing. Just about destroyed an 18 year relationship with my wife. Tried going back into NA but this time I don't think I was at a bottom. I couldn't keep clean more than two days the obsession was so intense. I wanted to stop so bad but couldn't despite the destruction that I was causing. I began doing research on the internet and stumbled on Suboxone. Found an outpatient clinic two miles from my house and my Induction began with Suboxone. This outpatient clinic didn't handle long term treatment and their goal was to get you off Suboxone. I was slowly tapered over a six week period going from 8mg to 4mg. At 4mg I was beginning to get stupid thoughts of using but never reacted. Began getting anxious with the end nearing knowing I would be in trouble if I stopped Suboxone. My wife actually asked me why you can’t continue taking Suboxone if it's working. With my wife on my side and the fact that I was so intrigued by the way Suboxone worked for me, I started researching for long term Suboxone treatment. Found an abundance of information on the internet and then finally found this wonderful forum. It wasn’t rocket science to me being 37 years old that long term Suboxone treatment is for me. Found a doctor in my area rather quickly that brought me back up to 8MB of Sub. I have not picked up since my induction in December of 09 and I basically feel as if I have been clean for years... My wife is in amazement and my relationship is just about back to normal. It is so nice having Suboxone available for the treatment. I no longer go to NA meetings but I do see a therapist every three weeks. It's so nice to be free of obsession and do be able to live my life freely. With Suboxone in my life, I know I will have my family around for a lifetime. Hope this post fits this category and it's not too long.... I am thinking this should have been posted in the "My Story" section but my story would be waaaay longer than this. I look forward to hearing everyone's experiences and look forward to sharing my own too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi Superbuper. Welcome! Glad to have you with us. It's so nice to hear that this site has been a valuable resource for you. Like you, I plan to be on Suboxone for long-term or life. I've been on it since December 2008. Looking back it does amaze me at how quickly I got to feeling better. Of course after more than a year I'm still re-learning who I am without the drugs, underneath it all.
It's great that you're going to therapy, using it as another tool in recovery.

Again welcome and I think you'll find this place full of supportive, informative people.

Melissa

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:39 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Welcome! I am glad to hear yet another success story with suboxone and since you have been around the forum since 12/09 you have seen many of these. Yout post certainly isn't too long....but then again you have seen mine :) I look forward to learning more about you as well. Congratulations on your recovery!

Cherie

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:00 pm 
Hey Superbuper, I love your username!! Great to have you here sharing with us! Like you, I found this forum after starting Suboxone back last July and have found the forum to provide a wealth of information and support. These people have become my friends.....I really do feel that way. We understand each other in ways "normies" can't. So I think you'll fit right in and hopefully post often, help us some and let us help you too!
I think it's so neat that you were able to see that you were not going to be ready to discontinue your Suboxone at the allotted time and you got real proactice and found another doctor who would support what would be best for you. This thing is simply NOT a one-size-fits-all kind of deal. We all need different treatment plans......we are all different after all!
Anyway, so glad you're in a good place and it only gets better when we keep up our good recovery work. Congrats!
Again, glad to have you. I hope you'll be around a lot!

Post subject: Thanks!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:39 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Thanks all for the warm welcomes, I’m really happy to finally be involved with you all. I have wanted to post for weeks now - even my wife has been pushing me to post. I even felt a sigh of relief after I finally posted! Every night after my children are in bed, I have been spending lots of time browsing the forum. I’m sure now that I have finally broken the ice, I will be posting frequently because I need all the support I can get.

Post subject: Welcome to the Site
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:41 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi SuperBuper
I love that catchy handle it's great. As others have said welcome to the forum. I have been on Suboxone since Feb. 2009. I found this Forum shortly after I started my treatment. I am amazed at the support and information that is here. We are glad you found the site and look forward to more of your post'. Please come back and post often so we can keep up with your success. Best of luck in your Recovery....

God Bless
TW

Post subject: best name yet
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:48 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

SuperBuper you have the best name I've read yet!

Great story too.

Tom

Post subject: best name yet
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:57 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Tom - Glad you liked my story. I'm actually going to write my entire story shortly on "My Addiction Story" section of the forum. I'm looking forward to throwing that all out there.... Thanks for the welcome! SuperBuper