It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: interesting
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:00 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/42366057.html People like this are going to ruin suboxone for the rest of us that use it correctly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:10 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Wow.

Quote:
The heroin addiction treatment drug linked to two recent Milwaukee-area deaths did not emerge as a problem on the street until federal rule changes allowed patients to take the drug home with them, police say.

I am just going to get all pissed off trying to reply, so yea I am so sorry they died, but Ronnie is right, that could possibly ruin or tighten regs on Subs. Haaaaaaaaaaa. (that is supposed to be a 'sigh') Thats all we need.....

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Does anyone else see the irony in this.

*Christopher Robin to Pooh

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

............and people huff that compressed air stuff too and die but you don't see them taking it off the shelves or recommending tighter regulations. I agree people abusing it could cause harm, but in the end, it has a more limited use and high than the other stuff out there and is probably doing way more good than harm. I don't see things changing any time soon given how rampant opiate addiction is out there. Potential for abuse always exists.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:38 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Excellent reference to the 'air duster' problem......correction: 'air duster' epidemic. Great point!!!!

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." ---Salvador Dali

Post subject: Well,
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:19 am 
As far as overdoses, there are only isolated incidents with Suboxone, and they always involve other CNS depressants. As far as legality, look at Methadone: people have been selling/buying it on the black market for forty years, and overdosing just as long, but there's no push to make it illegal.

There is increasing and large medical support for buprenorphine in the US now. I think the positive evidence far outweighs the negative. However, if you go to the DEA's website, they break down data collected by each state, and tell what drugs they are finding in their "busts" in each state. In every state I looked at, they listed Suboxone as one of the narcotic drugs being found on criminals, and being sold on the black market. But I think Sub is found in much smaller amounts than full agonists and methadone.

In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 or 10 years down the road they made Suboxone into a Methadone-like system, requiring patients to come to a clinic to get their dose every day. But as we all know, that doesn't do a damn thing to keep the stuff off the street. Clinic workers, doctors, and pharmacists/assistants divert more drugs to the streets than the patients!

Or, you can think about it this way: the DEA allows hydrocodone, oxycodone, meperidine, fentanyl, morphine, hydromorphone, and oxymorphone to be prescribed on a 30-day+ take-home basis, so why should buprenorphine be considered any worse than those? It actually has much less abuse potential. IMO, Subs are going to stay just as available in the future as they are now.