It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Insanity about dosing
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:48 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I can't beleive how many crazy posts about dosing i'v read here. Like it says on your script, if you have one, put it under your thongue and that is it. It does not matter if you swallow or not. It does not matter if you crush it than put it under your thongue.If you have red post about catting subs in small doses like one milligram, procedure that he is using is desolving it in water than measuring in it in like one ml. And it works, so that pruves you that cleaning your mouth first with solutions to get rid of silywa is bs. No mattwr you mouth is wet or not just put it under your thongue and go with your life, forget about all the rituals it might help with your addiction. Just my opinion, not a doctor, my opinion and works for me no matter how long I hold it. Sometimes it works better if I just hold it for one minute,and let it disolwe very fast, I don't know just trying to help you here. Good luck, and keep posting these crazy ways of taking suboxone it is fun to read. Sorry no spell check, love you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:52 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I hope you don't mind, I saw this was double posted and I removed the other one. Anyway, I pretty much agree with you. I just pop it under my tongue and it dissolves after not too long. I don't worry about how much time it takes or how much saliva is in my mouth. I swallow, don't eat or drink for 10-15 minutes and go on about my business. BUT, I take 8 mg at a time. For people on low dosages, they dose in such a way so as to get maximum absorption. That's the main difference, as I see it.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Yeah
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Honestly, I really see what you mean and I'd have said the same thing when I was taking multiple 8-mg tabs a day, or even multiple 2-mg tabs a day. Once you are down to doses below the ceiling that are so small you can barely pick them up, well, you get a little anal about your dose, because if you screw it up, you feel it and it's not fun. I think that's why people get so crazy over it. Other people are not on a high enough dose and are going mad with cravings, so they are trying to maximize their absorption too. Just a couple thoughts.

laddertipper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:08 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you hatmaker, I tried and could not remove my second post, I was just spell checking it and somehow posted it again. I relly don't wanna bucher the english more than minimum,also im doing it from selphone so it is even harder to type. I read post from someone saying how they are tired of way people are spelling, typing im really trying my best to respect beauty of english languige. Like I'v said beafore it is my second languiage. As far dosing goes it is funny or maybe sad what and how people are taking subs. I do understand low doses and problems bracking it down,and mixing it with small amounts of water make sence. I was doing all kinds of different ways of taking subs,and just wanned to save somebody of going thdough same

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Skywalker,

Don't worry about your spelling. We understand that english is your second language and I, for one, think you're doing a great job for english not being your first language.

Anyone who gets upset about your spelling can 1.) Stop reading your posts and/or 2.) Blow it out their ear!! (that's a polite way of saying they can go F*&^ themselves) This forum is about supporting one another, not crabbing about people's spelling! :D

BTW, english is my first language and I still mis-spell words and on occasion, butcher the english language!!

PS---I've been dying to say this since your first post....Luke, I am your father (D. Vader) :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Yea
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:07 pm 

It's so true with the crazy posts. And the tipper of ladders has a good point, a high dosage, it doesn't matter as much.

I would like to go back to once a day dosing but taking a whole 8mg film gets me too tired to work so I split it up. Actually, I've been taking a bit more. My addict brain likes the feeling of the extra Sub when I have a wee bit more left over. The last few days (a week really) I've been taking 16mgs instead of my usual 8. The doctor prescribed the month for taking 10 so I have some left over.

Now, should I be beating myself up over this??? One part says yes, it's addictive behavior. The other part says no, I'm taking the extra because I'm craving more, which I am, but not having any w/d's.

What'cha all think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:36 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey rule62,

I know I messed with my dosing pretty regularly. When I asked my doctor to lower my dose and she prescribed me the 2mg pills....the pharmacy messed up and filled the script with the 8mg pills. I went from having 30 of the 8mg pills to having 90 of the 8mg pills for a month!! My addict brain thought I was in hog heaven. The pharmacy kept making this mistake for months and months. Now, I didn't use up my entire script before my next appointment, but I sure took more than I should have.

BTW, my doctor told me to take it twice daily so I took my sub twice a day for the entire 3 years on it, except right towards the end, then I took it three times per day because I was lowering my dose.

I understand the once per day dosing thing, but I didn't do it that way and I eventually quit using sub. Was my way the smartest way to do it, NO! But I still managed to quit and have 9 months off....everybody is different, man.

Please, I'm not encouraging anyone to screw with their Suboxone dose. I'm just trying to be realistic in that were addicts and many of us may 'tweak' our doses, it's not the best thing to do, but I can certainly understand why we do it.

So, don't beat yourself up. Just be honest with yourself and you will keep moving forward in your recovery.

Post subject: Dosing........
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:16 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

When I was new I made a big ass deal about taking my Suboxone, now I put under my tongue for 1 min then use my tongue to spread the Suboxone juice all over the inside of my mouth, I wait about 5-10 mins before I drink anything, DONE... Sometimes when I'm feeling good I'll forget the .25 I take at lunch.. I'm kind of stuck at .75 per day... To be honest, I wish I never started the taking 2 doses a day, really hard to go back to single dosing, even if I double my daily dose of .75 to 1.5, still cant get by with 1 dose of it.... OH WELL, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Painter - It's not unusual to need to dose twice daily at those low doses. You just don't have the long half life to last until the next day. So don't be too hard on yourself.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject: Re: Dosing........
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Painter wrote:
When I was new I made a big ass deal about taking my Suboxone, now I put under my tongue for 1 min then use my tongue to spread the Suboxone juice all over the inside of my mouth, I wait about 5-10 mins before I drink anything, DONE... Sometimes when I'm feeling good I'll forget the .25 I take at lunch.. I'm kind of stuck at .75 per day... To be honest, I wish I never started the taking 2 doses a day, really hard to go back to single dosing, even if I double my daily dose of .75 to 1.5, still cant get by with 1 dose of it.... OH WELL, Mike

I have the SAME problem, Mike. I actually dose even more than that, because it seems to make tapering a whole lot easier. I'm right there with you, because I could double my daily dose and I'd probably not be able to dose only once either. No way!! I get sick and get insomnia when I try to do that. Maybe it has something to do with your metabolism.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Romeo, I know what you mean. Two months in a row I ran short on Sub because I had just enough and my Dr.s appt. got postponed. Then one month because of a screw up I ended up with 60 2mg tabs extra. Do you think I saved them in case I ever ran short again? No, instead I found myself taking an extra 2-4 mg/day. It's insane. I know I would be fine at 4 mg/ day, but I will take up to 12 mg, just out of compulsion, even though it only makes me tired. Sigh. I can't wait until my docs Sub group gets going, so I can talk about some of these issues. My doc really doesn't care about my dose as long as I stay on it. He would give me 16 mg a day if I asked for it.