It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:04 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I have been on suboxone for about 6 months. My doctor is very caring and kind person. Last month i legitimately lost a few pills while on vacation albeit leaving one or two in my swim trunks etc. Just was on a rush from being clean and on vacation and out of my homestate. When i realized i lost a couple i called my docs office and he called me in a couple exta no problem. Ive never had that problem before and this month i took a couple extra just due to stress, money and in no way was i trying to get a result or feeling i just did. The medical assistant told me last time that the doc could only call one script inonce per dea laws. Is this true and what is my best course of action to not relapse. It is saturday and my appointment is in three days on thursday. In no way will i resort to using,my will is much too strong to give up at this point. Please give me some insight to my situation. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

There are no DEA 'laws' to that effect-- but a doctor assumes considerable risk anytime he/she orders extra. Realize that everyone is looking at buprenorphine very closely these days... I do not see as much risk in 'diversion' as other people seem to, but the bottom line is that doctors are expected to do THEIR part-- which includes avoiding early refills. If your doc gives you a few extra doses, he/she will be at increased risk of audit-- and it only takes one call from a concerned pharmacist to get a licensing board to investigate a doctor.

Taking the correct amount of medication is a fair responsibility for a doc to place on patients. if you run short, you have a number of options... the easiest one is to cut your dose in half until you are at the break-even point. Most people won't have ANY symptoms from cutting their dose in half; if you have any symptoms at all, they will be mild. Count what you have left, and divide into the number of tabs remaining. You'll be fine-- and so will your doctor.