It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:53 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I posted earlier about my severe depression that is occurring right now while I have had a stomach virus the past 5 days, I have been on suboxone 6 years now and percocet 3 years before that and I feel like it is time to get off the suboxone. I have always thought or maybe society has made me think it is just not right taking this medication. That I am using it to self medicate or cover up an underlying problem. Mosts days on suboxone are ok a 7-10 day, i do wake up in the morning feeling like death(my daily doasage is 3x2mgs a day morning afternoon and evening usually) feel lethargic,bowel movements every 2-3 days,sores under my tongue due to new film i think,should try to go back to pill form, and recently had been almost nodding out while driving. I had a wonderful family, and a great job, but I am no good to them in the state I am in now and I feel as though I could possibly be cheating them by staying on suboxone and not giving it everything i got to get off. I looked into a facility called Mirmont in Pennsylvania and will look into others. Any suggestions or words of wisdom appreciated.

Post subject: possible
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:27 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I definitely can relate with what you are saying. I have said in the past that I fear in order for me to get off suboxone is to go to inpatient treatement. Alot of people responded with that you can taper yourself and probably it would be a waste of money to go to inpatient treatment.

Of course the reason I would want to is because I am so afraid of sub w/d. Those that know me know I went through 4 days without sub and thouht I would die. I had suicidal thoughts that I could not control and they scared the hell out of me. So I decided to get to 6mgs of suboxone to lower some of the side effects and hold for awhile. But I know someday I have a decision to make. I had a colonoscopy last week and they couldn't touch me with anything and I felt the entire process. The Dr. said sorry but you just have too much of a tolerance for me to do anything for you.

I know I need two surgeries....one involving removing part of my prostrate....but I keep putting it off for fear of pain management. I know for me......inpatient treatment is a safe place for me and some days I wish I was back there....but I know I must live my life.

I have recently looked into Ibogaine....I know everyone has their own opinon about what is right but at the end of the day it is my decision to do what is best for me. For those that say I am taking sub long term......that is great they have made their decision and they are free....my worry is what if suboxone is no longer available next month.

I am not sure what I will do but I will keep looking and listening to what others do and what works for them. I will follow your thread to see what you decide and whether or not it works for you.

For now I will continue suboxone and work on my recovery but I do know that I do not want to be on suboxone forever.......
Good luck

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:38 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey cbk1013 - How are you doing?

Did you decide about impatient treatment? How is your depression?

I'm concerned about you - if you read this, please let us know how you are.

-Jack Kornfield