It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:17 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

so 30 days after 3years @ 16mg w/ no breaks - Completely changed my life. I was looking for a detox med not a methadone treatment. Very very very frustrated at my current situation. R&B down play this drug and represent it so incorrectly. Very little long term clinical studies done.

Beefs with inpatient detox. Ok this is my opinion, but i have sound justification for this.
Inpatient detox scam and a joke. While no one pushed me into this again they give you so much miss-information (lie about stupid shit) they make it seem like a good choice but i had my doubts. They tell me 90% of people relapse after treatment.............
Firstly, i feel like its a bad enviroment to be in. Not peaceful. Most people in there are court ordered. I heard about shit people were doing with drugs, for drug, that i could hardly even believe. I met 3 people in there that died the second day they left treatment...
Secondly, the medical treatment to me made me extreamly angry. I tapered myself down from 16 to around 2mgs, first day i got in they wanted to up my dose immediatly back to 8mg >:( and talking to dr he say casually youll be back to normal in 5 days. I kinda went off on him after this as i knew this was big mistake. I needed a prolonged taper. I was sick as shit. I couldnt get the drugs i needed for wd without having to fight for them, and when i say drugs i mean ibprofen or tums. They wouldnt let you leave until 48 hours after your last dose. I hated the way they treated my like i was a homeless uneducated crack head drs and medical staff that is oh and so many drs they just throw you into a rotation you cant get a relation with anyone. As for my tapering i quickly realized im fucked no matter what i did while i was in there; when it came time for the jump that is. I tried to get them to only give me .5mg then .25mg. Again a fight insued drs and nursing telling me its impossible to dose that low and they telling me its all in my head... 1mg was lowest they go (they wanted to keep me at 1mg for a while imo not mattering as i was a 30 day detox). So after day 5 and fight for lower dosage i said fuck this and refused all medication... i felt like i was going to die honestly. Left after 9 days as i had enough of them telling me i need further treatment and half way houses all their other bullshit. Their reward system for phones was horse shit to me cause i couldnt even get out of bed so i couldnt use my phone. it is extremely wrong the way they shut you off from the world when i left there i havent talked to anyone in more that a week i couldnt make arrangement's to stay anywhere kind of just kicking you out the door fucking me over even more, no clue where i was at only somewhere in flordia. Oct 24 was last dose.

Now heres where the real beef comes in, fast forward to nov 17 (25 DAYS have not relapsed only taking vitamins), still in wd and I CAN NOT SUPPORT MYSELF still laying in bed alot, no end insight. Fast taper = hell. Obviously there is no advoiding wd no matter what regardless of what the drs and pharm companies try and feed you, but a longer taper would have resulted in less suffering impossible to do inpatient. Again i made another bad choice on being misinformed. I think im going to stop making decision all together lol. After affect of treatment is horrendous. How long till i can return to work and do the things i used to do. Im going to give it another month and then i can not and will not keep laying around if i have to go back to viciodon then so be it but subs are the worst. I dont want to be on anything but what other options do i have if i want a life.

Will i be a pile of shit for months until this bs wears off, its not looking promising nearly 30 days in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:09 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi downtime and welcome to the forum'. treatment centers and sub detox i have also found not an option.
i thought about it also and new they really don't treat suboxone detox . the place your looking for would be a lot harder than you think and i also have discover'd that. well' your on your way at a hard start and keep trucking and do you have any more suboxone for a more slower taper? we all wood agree. sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i'm sorry what your going through'. but centers where you just went too are making a lot of layoff's i just found out about this.
us sub patients do not need this kind of cheap treatment any way.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi,,,

sorry your going down such a rough path right now..................

Did you not have a choice in the taper "process"??
or did you not know to do so???

Buprenorphine, just seems to be this whole other "monster" ,,, all its' own........

it is strong, in IT"S FORM,,, I dont like comparing it saying X amt of sub equals X amt of morphine or something,
that's a lil offbase, IN MY OPINION.....
but, Im not sure the healthcare/treatment/detox people are lying so much as they just DONT KNOW ANY BETTER.....

seems to be the case, most of the time.

obviously a long slow taper is the "best advice" but it's just not feesible for EVERYONE......

honestly, Im still on suboxone, and I just don't know if I CAN taper!! suboxone is actually the first perscription besides ADHD meds that Ive BEEN ABLE TO TAKE AS PERSCRIBED,,, in the FIRST place!!!
sad, ya I know.....
and at first ,,, I was NO good at taking it "as perscribed"

but, anyways,,,
Im posting a video of dr. J's I know it's probably too little too late but there IS some info about
jumping ,, and more,,,,,,, It'll be at the bottom, there's also almost TWENTY vidoes on the link I'm gonna give you,almost ALL of them on taper/how to quit/lots and lots of GOOD INFORMATION.............might be worth your time.

and here's a thread, by someone who jumped from about the same dose as you,,,
it's a LONG story,, long thread, but he did well,he def had issues but you can see a time frame at least of HOW LONG the symptoms were around......
http://suboxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=5965

I really really hope some of this helps...... AND I do hope you get some relief, SOON :wink:
hang in there, YOUR A WARRIOR!!! and don't forget it..................... this IS the battle FOR YOUR LIFE we are talking about!!
GOOD LUCK

The link to the rest of the videos, is

http://www.youtube.com/user/SuboxDoc

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RASNQrfa3ig&feature=g-user-u[/youtube]

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:15 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

i have a bad pain full tooth right now and i need to blame some one of course the authority and i can't tell weather i'm the one who caused the pain or they did :lol: :lol: :lol: ouch-ouch-ouch. thank you ambre and downtime .
doc-junig explains it well to me and glad you put it here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:15 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

downtime,

Time will pass faster the more you do.

I got into playing chess and cards with an old friend and his wife. This kept my mind off of how bad I felt. I started even playing on-line chess called Chess Titans. Time passed.

I even got a pet, I was surprised how much time a pet takes to care for !

I think the worst part is over for you about suboxone's wd. Time it will take for you to feel better could be reduced if you increase your metabolism by getting out, maybe some light exercise, like walking. Reading is good for your mind and also helps pass time constructively. Keep yourself well hydrated, and eat right of course.

Staying in bed too much is not good, try anything to get your mind off of how you are feeling. Time passes slow in one's mind when they are not active, you need time to pass quickly to get over this obstacle you are faced with.

Like was suggested to me by a member on this forum, try and help someone else. You will feel better if you do. Time passes.

Can you go on back to work? This would help you financially and time passes.

I don't think Vicodin is a good way to go, very addicitve and for me they were only a temporary solution when I took them.

As Amber said, and she is very well informed about this type of situation, YOU ARE A WARRIOR AND YOU CAN DEFEAT THIS!

Synonyms:

UM-952;Lepetan;rx6029m;Subutex;Temgesi;Buprenex;NIH-8805;Temgesic;CL-112302;Buprenorfin

Post subject: Inpatient opinion
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:17 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

To Downtime:

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I recently went inpatient / medical detox and cold turkeyed off 60 ml of daily methadone. It was not fun, but not horrible either. All rehabs are not the same.

I agree with the others - keep busy, try to exercise, and eat right. You WILL get your mojo back.

If anyone wants details on the inpatient program I chose, please feel free to pm me.

Jimmy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:29 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

thanks for the replies

john&amber -
i have/had alot of suboxone for a longer taper. ill say again what so many others have stated before me. going from 16mg to around 6mg was really no problem at all. not till i got to 4mg/2mg did i hit the wall and realized i needed help. i knew how to taper but for me the instant gratification thing kicked in. talking to these detox places over the phone telling me ill be right as rain when i left, i guess because thats what i wanted to believe, so thats what i choose (even tho i half assed knew better) - i was so deadset on getting off.

what i learned as far as detox and detox centers go for suboxone.

while i was in there they lumped everything together as "opiates" i seen people coming in on oxy/herion and yes they were nearly back to normal in 5-10 days. even methadone people where a lot better after a week. being a long term sub user on the other hand i swear to gad and not exaggerating, i felt like i had it the worst could barely get out of bed and shower or eat soup b/c i was shaking so bad. so when i said i wanted to go back to Vicodin this is why. but ill never do it one drug is never better then the next.

on a positive note - id have to say suboxone had gotten me so sick that i have absolutely no cravings what so ever this is one major advantage of suboxone. as i watch everyone coming of full opiates, dope fiending.

if they dont tell you need to get down to a lower mg... the place doesnt understand suboxone or dont care one of the other.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

If 90% of the patients are relapsing after treatment. We should be questioning the validity and reliability of the approches they use. Hester and Miller (2003) states that the most effective treatment available are not being provided in the United States. And the most dominant treatment of the 12 Steps, is the modality with the lease evidence of effectiveness (and I add safety, I believe they cause the relapse). If 90% of plastic surgery would be a failure how long do you think that plastic surgeon will be in practice? Why is it that we can not demand the same expectancy. Seem like substance abuse treatment staff do not think the have to follow the same scientidfic standards expected of all other medical approach.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:16 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thats sounds terrible. I have actually been in that type of position so I partly know how you feel. Many RTC's claim to detox their clients and few understand how to properly do so with Suboxne. I had a similar experience .

I Voluntarily admitted to a long term RTC for Sub and benzo addiction. I asked if they could properly conduct and oversee a taper off sedatives and sub. They involuntarily Weened me from 24 mg/day to 5 mg per day in 5 days. Stopped the 5 mg of ativan after a 5 day detox. So they stopped me at 5 mg bupe and 1 mg Ativan. Never met with one doctor until after I was their for 7 weeks. She turned out not to be a doctor at least according to to the medical board that reprimanded her. No phone calls allowed for 8 weeks and if you want to leave you have to walk 30 miles through the desert into town to get your ID.

The lady who designed my treatment plan did not even practice in the mental health field. She must of thought half of an 8mg tab was a good dose to stop at. She split the tab with her fake ass finger nail and it broke unevenly. In the end the rehab closed after a major scandal. It ended with the CEO getting convicted of money laundering and fraud. It also ended up in the news. That was back in 2010 when these places knew even less about using buprenorphine. I also had plenty of time as my stay was to be upwards of 9 months. So they could have easily tapered me over a three week period but whats the fun in that when you can watch an addict go into DT's and administer synanon like therapies. I got them back pretty good though. They are now permanently closed.

Last edited by Simple6 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:22 pm 

FYI, this thread goes back to 2012. We have been getting a lot of these old ones rising up again like Lazarus.