It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:18 am 
New Poster
New Poster

i have been injecting suboxone for about a year now (4 - 6mg a day) and was wondering if anyone had ever mixed the unisom sleep gel with the suboxone in the needle. i still mix unisom gel with heroin in the needle once a week and its awesome but am a little worried about doing it with the suboxone. has anyone done this?

Post subject: Addiction
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:37 am 

This site is for recovery, not how to have active addiction. Stop shooting the Sub, go to a doctor and get honest or you'll end up dead.

Please seek help, then come back.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:46 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

undercover addict wrote:
i have been injecting suboxone for about a year now (4 - 6mg a day) and was wondering if anyone had ever mixed the unisom sleep gel with the suboxone in the needle. i still mix unisom gel with heroin in the needle once a week and its awesome but am a little worried about doing it with the suboxone. has anyone done this?

Yeah, I don't want you to feel unwelcome, because you aren't, but around here, we try to focus on helping one another live healthy lives on Sub, by following doctor's instructions, taking it properly, etc.

Do you have any desire to stop shooting yourself with the Sub and start taking it normally? Do you want to get into recovery?

My inclination is to tell you to not inject it with Unisom, because Sub is already a CNS depressant and Unisom puts you to sleep, so the two together (I'd suspect) could be a disaster. Don't do it. Please stick around and share your story or come back when you are ready to get into recovery. The people here are awesome, understanding, and will help you.

laddertipper

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Help?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:44 pm 

Thanks LT for addressing this better than I did. Just couldn't see the seeking of our help in recovery. Your manners far exceed my own.

Post subject: ditto
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:04 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Ditto to both Ladder and Rule....thank god I kept reading and read your post Laddertipper because my first inclination was to go off! Even though I get it...I think I was very offended by someone coming on a recovery oriented site (well, imo this site is that) asking how to get more fucked up.

I hope Undercover that you come up and out of the deep, dark and lonely abyss of addiction. Pull the covers.
When you are ready we are here to help you find a way to deal with life without having to use. I never thought I'd be able to live without opiates once I found myself addicted to them. I got addicted to them in my early 30's and never dreamed I'd end up an addict. I had access to fentanyl and after a year of taking one codeine tablet a day I started shooting up fentanyl. That cinched it all for me...I thought I'd found nirvana and for one second I did....and then I found hell. I lost myself, ended up fearing all of humanity...lost everything and going to treatment for 4 months was only the start of dealing with my life.

Usually we are using to stop feeling..to .mask the uncomfortable feelings...but they are just feelings. not good, not bad. they just are. Some of us need to deal with childhood or past issues...some don't need to do all that...but i did. I needed to understand who I was and who I am. And why I used. It helped me to see that at that time it was what I had to do in order to survive..until I was able to face some of my past issues. When it became a problem is when I was ready to face my life.
Recovery isn't easy, for sure. But Sub has taken away the cravings for opiates and allowed me to ramp up my recovery and do what I need to in order to live happily and serenely. It's not perfect but my life today is immensely better. I don't have to chase drugs, deal with the up and down of using and my brain is healing. I'm open to learning new ways to live, and for me going to AA meetings is what works. Working the steps always used to sound ridiculous to me...but I've come to really believe that working those steps is what changed my life. I was able to face the parts of me that I was ashamed of and deal with the guilt and then heal...have relationships, have serenity on a daily basis. I make mistakes still but I can recognize when I do and try to do things differently.

You might not be ready to hear any of this, or maybe it sounds overwhelming but I want you to know that when you are ready to make some positive changes you know where to go to make that happen. It's up to you. This site is very informative and helpful. When people relapse they get support. When people are suffering from other life issues, they get support. So when you are ready come back and check it out. But please in the meantime don't romanticize using or offer up using advice...it's not solution oriented. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi China, Ladder & Rule,

I read the post from undercover addict a couple of days ago, and I was gobsmacked and could not bring myself to write anything on the thread. Was speechless I suppose.

I was under the understanding that the Suboxone, having the added Naloxone in it, meant that abusers who IV'd couldn't get any effect from it ie can't get high because of the blocking effect of naloxone. So the way I see it is this guys been shooting up for the last year, each day, 4 - 6mg of suboxone. Why? Cos he couldn't have gotten anything from it anyway. Its very odd? was he getting a buzz from the action of shooting up? A placebo effect.

It's mind boggling to me.

But really, Undercover, do come back on the forum if you are reaching out for help and stuff.

x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Babydoll, I don't really know how it all works, but apparently there isn't enough Naloxone in the Suboxone or something because people absolutely do shoot it and they get high. My doctor has even told me that lots of people shoot up their Sub and get quite loaded from it and that's one big reason docs are so worried about diversion. There are stories all over the internet talking about how people use Sub in various ways other than the way it was intended. It's super sad, because Sub is supposed to be a recovery drug. Once someone crosses that line, I'd be willing to bet it's very, very tough to start taking the Sub normally, which means at some point they screw themselves out of this option. It becomes someone's drug of abuse and not drug of recovery.

laddertipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:39 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Ladder, Ah I see (little ol' naive me) what you are saying. What a shame. It's such a shame and a big blooming mess this addiction business. :(

Post subject: Illegal Sub
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:48 pm 

I've always wondered why there is such a large problem with being able to buy Sub off the street. Why would someone sell it to a pusher? And just what are they trying to achieve? Well I guess with this thread some questions were answered. There seems to be a very large blackmarket need to abuse this drug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Ladder, that's a good point that I never thought of before. Once people learn to abuse Sub they screw themselves out of what might be their last and best hope for treatment :cry:
From what I've seen and heard, I still believe that most diversion is by people who are trying to get by until they can get more drugs, or people trying to self treat. I could be wrong, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It is people who abuse Sub or sell it who will be responsible if the DEA and FDA pull Subs off the market. This has happened in other countries, and it could happen here. For example, France has many people injecting Subs and I think they are debating what to do about it. More realistically, they may eventually make Sub users go to speciel clinics to get their Subs just like those who take Methadone. Go to the DEA.gov website and you will see how in many big drug busts around the country have found illegally diverted/abused Suboxone.

I don't see the point in injecting Sub, wouldn't it suit someone in active addiction to find a better opiate or their drug of choice? I guess addiction is so strong that some cannot take Sub properly.

You may want to go to methadone if you cannot stop injecting Sub. Methadone is a full agonist and may satisfy your cravings better.

Undercover Addict this is not a crack on you at all. I know you are struggling and I think you are probably doing the best you can at the moment. Like I said, methadone would probably suit you more.

James