PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:50 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

go ct

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:42 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Shilo didn't tell us how often he was injecting sub.

If he was injecting it once or even twice a week, the withdrawals wouldn't be too bad.

I injected Subutex once when I was 19 or so. And I remember considering switching from heroin to injecting Subutex. The main allure was the fact I'd only need to use once a day. That was back when I was an opioid amateur. If I stopped then, I probably could have done it without Suboxone. But you know what they say. When you can stop, you don't want to. When you want to stop, you can't.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:13 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

shilo wrote:
Hello all. Yes I inject my sub. I do this because I cannot afford the doc visits. I buy it on the street for about ten bucks for 8 mgs. Because 100% is absorbed, I only need a fraction of a sub to achieve the same result if taken sulingually. i realize this is not safe and I plan to iprove my life; in time I will be able to afford the visits. Id like to hear opinions.

yEA,,$10.00 is what they charge at the pharmacy too,,im lucky,,well,,i dont know if bein on disability is lucky, but medicaid is payin for the sub,,i dont know for how much longer though. Ive been on it almost 8 yrs,,and at the beginig of the year they said it wasnt covered anymore,,but i was able to get doctor to do a prior authorazation, and they said they'd cover it till dec,,maybe i can get another prior authoration?, Or maybe i'll have to get off,,dont know,,but will have a supply to do a proper taper, if there is such a thing.
when i first read your post i thought maybe you may have a needle problem,,dont know you and im not sayin its true,,just wonderin cause i used to have that problem,,as an ex heroin addict i used a needle alot,,and when i first tried it i used it on EVERYTHING!,,including whiskey and wine!,,Yea,,whiskey burns! :roll: ,,I dont know how much sub you are using,,but i know from personal experience that just 2mgs will take away wd's,,for me anyway.,,I just wish you the best and hope you can find a better way than using a needle,,not puttin you down,,just that i worry it could hurt you somehow doin it that way.
i wish you the best.
TT