It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I had to wait a week before my suboxone appointment (tomorrow finally)...I last used sunday. A week ago. I have been fighting the urge to use because I won't have enough money for both. I had to choose. I chose waiting for my appointment. I'm still in moderate withdrawal but have already had the worst if it. Can't take my mind off getting high.
So my question is...If I have no opiates in my urine test tomorrow are they going to turn me away?? I have been using since I was 15. I am now 33. Tried cold turkey every time and obviously hasn't worked for me. This is my first time seeking help. I'm scared they will send me home and not help me and I just go right back to using. And once I do it again, I'm afraid it will take hold and who knows how long til I finally ask for help again. Another 18 years? Ugh nothing I love will be left :-(

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:12 pm 

Welcome.

Your an opiate addict. Useingvsounds likeca good idea, but you have made a wise choise in finding treatment.
Just tell them what you have come here and told us.
If it is maintenance you want and need, ask for it.
Most drs will agree, though some do put a time table on treatment. Why?, idk..
Hopefully your are going to a dr who understands just how sub maintenance works.

You have a chronic, relapsing, deadly disease.
So do I. The treatment works, even loug term.
Some think its all about the money. So what!
Medicine cost money. For now I can pay. Its etter the useing and dieing..simple...best of luck tomarrow
Lets know whats happe ed and dont use, your almost there!!!!!!!! Razor 56....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks for the encouraging words to not use again razor... I plan on being totally honest with them. For the first time...ever! With anyone. I am hoping they want to do a maintenance for me. I wasn't going to come right out and say that to them because they say maintenance is more the "exception" then the rule. I'm pretty sure with my history I qualify. I will definitely let them know how I feel about it. Thanks again. Hopefully they see I'm in need of help and don't turn me away because I chose their program over using!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

My doctor appointment went great! Started me at 4mgs a day and I'm more than happy with that. Go back next Monday to see how I am doing and make adjustments if needed. Here is to the start of my life. Finally :-)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

That's great news. I hope that you get your dose worked out and get on with the rest of your life. Good luck, CC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:26 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

This is encouraging...
I have been clean since last Thursday night... and I have had the worst of my withdrawal.. so I was worried that they wouldn't start me on subox tomorrow but I know I will start using again if I don't get help.. the whole point of detoxing on my own was so I can get some treatment..

This was an encouraging thread.. thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:37 pm 

That's great you finally got on it. A week is a long time to go in between dosing, but you pulled it off. Just stabilize on it and take it slow. Don't feel like you have to start getting off the Suboxone right away. Enjoy your back to normal life.

Like you, when I finally induced, it was the first time I ever told the truth to anyone about my drug use. Wow, it felt great to have that burden off my shoulders!

Welcome to our forum!

rule

P.S. kongwildknots, glad this post came up when you arrived. Hang in there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:29 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

You didn't have to wait a week sweet heart. A week in withdrawal is such hell. I feel for you. I'm glad you are on a good dose now. 4mg is a sweet spot for me, personally. Many doctors shove 8-32mg down peoples throats. I'm glad you are doing better. *hugs*.

ps, if you ever have a relapse, change doctors, etc. You only have to wait 24 hours for short acting, 12 to 24 hours more for extended release, and 72 hours+ for methadone. (That one is tough!)