It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:14 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well if you read my introduction I will not repeat it but after relapsing after being on sub for a year, I started again today. When I relapsed I was taking 1mg a day or 1/2 of a 2mg tab. I had a 150-200mg a day Hydro habit for the last 3 months. I took my last ones at 8pm last night. I know that when I started last year, It had been 20 hrs without before I took the sub....so anyway. At 255 pm est I took 4 mg. 40 min later I still was feeling pretty bad so took 2 more mg. I now feel pretty good and its 410pm. I could not get in to see my sub doc til thurs who, by the way, I haven't seen in 3 months so now I have to throw myself on his mercy. I have found a substance abuse counselor that I'm going to give a try. I found that group settings close me up and I don't do as well. I want the doc to know that I am serious. So what I had to do was induct myself which I don't recommend to anyone especially someone who has never taken it.....do as I say. not as I do ;-). so I have enough sub to get me through til Thurs. Wish me luck. I did it before and I can do it again. Good luck to anyone else out there going through induction today......it's worth it. Hang in there and we can do it together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:05 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

well it's 457pm and I am feeling "normal". No more w/d which oh I forgot how bad it could be.....you think you won't forget it then you do...sort of. I'm asking my fiance to go to my Dr's appt with me on Thurs. I think one big mistake....no I know one big mistake was not involving him in this process last time. He truly had no idea and never knew I was on sub. This is the man that I will marry and I did not give him near enough credit before. He has been so supportive since I told him last Thursday morning on what was yet another of the worst days of my life but even though I have this long journey to start over again, I feel different this time. I feel more free to recover because I know I don't HAVE to do it alone. I didn't have to do it alone last time, I chose to. He and I had only been together for 6 months at that time and maybe I just wasn't secure enough in our relationship to share something that big with him but I owed it to him to let him have the choice this time. He earned the right to choose whether he wanted to do this with me or not.....and I told him that whatever his decision, I was doing this again. He never blinked an eye. He wasn't angry. He was kind and loving and told me that he would do whatever I needed to get help. He stayed home with me for 5 days and I sent him on his way this morning because that's where I drew the line. I did not want him to see me going through any w/d...mid, moderate OR severe. So now He will be home any minute, I feel better and I'm back on the road again. Thanks for "listening".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi flabamanurse,

I'm glad to hear you're doing so well! And I think it's wise to get in with a counselor and to take your fiancee' with you to the sub appointment. It sure sounds like you've got all the bases covered. KUDOS to you! Keep up the good work and keep us posted. Take care.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.