It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:46 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hi everyone,
I had my induction today - dr started me out on sub films 8mg in the morning & 8 in the evening. I took my first film around 2:30 this afternoon. Since then I started feeling jittery, then the worst headache came on. I was able to sleep for about an hour but now I'm vomiting even the slightest amount of water, tea, or ginger ale I drink.
My headache has gotten a little better, but the vomiting is still in full force.

Has anyone else had this reaction? Does it sound like I'm still in w/d or maybe 8mg film was too much for me at once?
I'm only 5'0 and weigh 110 lbs.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I would keep all your questions in one thread, so as not to confuse people or have the same answer being given twice from one person...

I answered you about this in the other thread where you were asking, so I won't repost that here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:10 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

It sounds like it is to much. Steve

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I went from a 150mg - 200mg per day Hydrocodone (Vicoden, Lortab) habit to Suboxone. My first dose of Suboxone was 8mg and it knocked my dang socks off. I remember telling my wife that I was afraid I took too much. I never did throw up, but I came awfully close.

I don't remember if I got a headache or not with my induction, but I know for sure that I would get headaches when I tried to use my Suboxone to get high (as in taking 16mg or 24mg). A lot of us believe it's the Naloxone in the Suboxone that gives us the headaches. Many people have reported that spitting out your saliva after you've absorbed your Suboxone gets rid of the headache by not allowing the Naloxone into your digestive tract where it would be absorbed quite well. Apparently, Naloxone isn't absorbed really well through our mucous membranes, but it is absorbed very well in our stomachs, so, spit the "extra" saliva out and see if that works.

Oh Yeah, it sounds like you can get by with a lower dose of Suboxone too??

I hope you feel better soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:22 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Thanks Romeo! I defenitly think 8 was just too much. My addiction wasn't huge and I'm a petite woman. I took 4 about an hour ago & I'm feeling great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Gettingthere wrote:
Thanks Romeo! I defenitly think 8 was just too much. My addiction wasn't huge and I'm a petite woman. I took 4 about an hour ago & I'm feeling great.

I couldn't remember how much of a habit you said you had with opiates, I guess that is why I assumed that you might not have taken enough.

But definitely if you didn't have a serious habit, then you don't need a whole lot of suboxone.

I was up to 300-500mg oxycontin habit a day, up my nose. I'm pretty slim, and while I was on oxy's I became a damn skeleton..but I started out with 24mg of Suboxone...stayed there for nearly a year and I'm down to 2 suboxone/day (16mg)

Post subject: Too Much
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:04 pm 

What is it with the Sub doctors? Did they not receive the proper training for induction? My own Dr. gave me two 8mg pills and then another one 15 minutes later. I went home and puked. Felt like I took too much heroin.

I too was only on Norco and Tramadol, although it was in fairly high amounts. What I should have gotten was 4mgs, then wait a half hour and see if I needed the other half. My guess was I didn't.

When I told my doctor that I believe I had too much, he said "More is better". I totally disagree with that statement and tapered down myself. That made him angry but I kept saying my dose was too high.

I firmly believe that we, the patients of Suboxone, know a lot more about this drug then the Dr.'s who prescribe it and also the manufacturer. If you haven't taken the drug, how can you tell us something we don't already know? It is their ego's that drive them to give out instructions that are completely wrong sometimes.

Thanks for letting me vent my 2¢

Rule

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:39 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I have felt similar to your experience when I first used suboxone. I used suboxone every now and then when I was still using to get high and not feel any withdrawals. Buprenorphine is a very powerful drug and it got me feeling euphoric most times I used it. I always used the 8mg tablets at once and I would sometimes feel sick to my stomach and bad headaches. I used suboxone maybe an average twice a week for a few months. At first I felt these symptoms but they would go away. The headache lasted longer than the nausea and both were completely gone after a week or so. A friend that I used with commonly would throw up just about every time he tried suboxone and we both had a large habit of oxy, about 120-150mgs a day and a tolerance of about 30-60mg to get a feeling. Everyone is different so it’s hard to give advice. I think it is somewhat normal to go through this at first to a small degree; it sucks at first but better than being dependent on oxycodone.

You may want to try to take a smaller dose and increase it as you get used to the drug. It would be a good idea to talk to your doctor about the symptoms you have been experiencing as he knows you better than any of us and the drug itself. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Fireman wrote:
I have felt similar to your experience when I first used suboxone. I used suboxone every now and then when I was still using to get high and not feel any withdrawals. Buprenorphine is a very powerful drug and it got me feeling euphoric most times I used it. I always used the 8mg tablets at once and I would sometimes feel sick to my stomach and bad headaches. I used suboxone maybe an average twice a week for a few months. At first I felt these symptoms but they would go away. The headache lasted longer than the nausea and both were completely gone after a week or so. A friend that I used with commonly would throw up just about every time he tried suboxone and we both had a large habit of oxy, about 120-150mgs a day and a tolerance of about 30-60mg to get a feeling. Everyone is different so it’s hard to give advice. I think it is somewhat normal to go through this at first to a small degree; it sucks at first but better than being dependent on oxycodone.

You may want to try to take a smaller dose and increase it as you get used to the drug. It would be a good idea to talk to your doctor about the symptoms you have been experiencing as he knows you better than any of us and the drug itself. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

I guess that's in part why I guessed at her not taking enough Suboxone..

I could've probably started out with less Suboxone, but I started in my doctors office, with him breaking the pills in halves and handing them to me. He also told me how to hold them under my tongue until dissolved.
He gave me 1/2 of 8mg (so 4mg), waited about 5 minutes, then asked how I felt. I still felt a little jittery, so he gave me the other 1/2 (4mg) and waited another 5 minutes. Again, asked how I felt. Told him I felt a little better, but still was having goosebumps and my stomach was turning. So a 3rd 4mg half, and that was my prescribed dosage...but I couldn't continue seeing him, because this particular doctor was in a methadone clinic (NOT a doctor office) and he charged me OUTRAGEOUS amounts of money.

When I started in the doctor office in another town, and told him I was already on Suboxone...he started me out at 90 per month, 3 tablets per day.

Post subject: Re: Too Much
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

rule62 wrote:
What is it with the Sub doctors? Did they not receive the proper training for induction? My own Dr. gave me two 8mg pills and then another one 15 minutes later. I went home and puked. Felt like I took too much heroin.

I too was only on Norco and Tramadol, although it was in fairly high amounts. What I should have gotten was 4mgs, then wait a half hour and see if I needed the other half. My guess was I didn't.

When I told my doctor that I believe I had too much, he said "More is better". I totally disagree with that statement and tapered down myself. That made him angry but I kept saying my dose was too high.

I firmly believe that we, the patients of Suboxone, know a lot more about this drug then the Dr.'s who prescribe it and also the manufacturer. If you haven't taken the drug, how can you tell us something we don't already know? It is their ego's that drive them to give out instructions that are completely wrong sometimes.

Thanks for letting me vent my 2¢

I think the doctors start way to high!!! I think less is more and go from there. I had the problem of starting too high and feeling very sick.

Rule