It is currently Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Induction Thursday
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm scheduled for Thursday. I miscounted my meds and will run out Tuesday afternoon. I have been tapering them big time. I am so dreading this. I wish Thursday was tomorrow. Has anyone tried to stop Opana on their own? I've tried twice and failed by just tapering. I do have a chronic back problem. The MD I've selected to start the program with has a rather unique practice. He is a family practice physician as well as a chiropractor. He has a lot of alternative therapies in his practice and approaches pain in a different manner. Hopefully I can find a non-pharmacological approach. Like I said, I have been trying to taper this drug since Januray and just seem to be chasing withdrawal symptoms and used more than prescribed this month. I give up. The spirit is strong but the flesh is weak.

Post subject: Stay strong
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:19 pm 
3 Months or More
3 Months or More

I know how horrible it is to run out of pills because you used up your Rx before the refill. Unfortunately (actually very fortunately) I have no experience with Opana. I know a friend of mine is on them for numerous injuries, and when he runs out he says it is hard. But any opiate wd is. Can you reschedule? Or get another script to last you until your appointment? I don't know about the half life of Opanas, but you will need to be in WD's anyway, so maybe this will be a blessing in disguise. Just try to stay strong and make it to Thursday. Remember that hot baths really do help a lot.