It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Induction question!!!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just got prescribed suboxones and my doctor barely explained how to take it. I know to take it when im in full wd but i don't know what to when i let it disolve, do i spit out the saliva after it fully disolves?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:27 pm 

Hello Color,
When you are ready to start your induction, just let the sub melt under your tougue to begin. After the first minute or two begin to "paint" the inside of your mouth with the medicine. Cover as much area as you can with the driest mouth.
Just keep painting your med for the first 15 to 20 mins or so.
This will give you the best chance to receive a greater bioability of the sub.
Three things matter here,Time med is on the most area of your mouth, at the highest concentration of the bupe.!

Yes, some folks spit out there subliva, most just swollow what is left over. In most cases it really does not matter.
Others believe they can rid themselves of the Naloxone by spiting. .hope that gives you some answers Colormeperfect!

Best of luck, and keep posting!!!

Razor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you again so much! Ill be taking it tomorrow or Monday and i will post an update on how everything goes! Im such a worrier so that helped a lot :)

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:49 am 

Welcome Color! You have come to the right place! There are so many wonderful people here who will support you through every step! Don't be afraid to ask any questions about anything!Good luck with your induction! Please let us know how it goes! I started subs one year ago and it was the best thing I could have done for myself!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:50 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for your kind words! Today i finally took my first dose! I started really small because i have been obsessing and reading terrible stories on peoples experiences with suboxone. So i started with 2mg since my doctor which i dont really trust anymore told me to start at 2 8mg strips which i knew instantly was way too high for my body. So i took it about 2 hours ago, i spit out the saliva i gathered for the 20 minutes and i don't have a bad word to say about it and i feel so relieved :) i felt no more wd symptoms at all! I had a slight burst of energy, not a high feeling, and i actually shed a happy tear. I have been stressing over the first dose for a week and i didn't get a headache or sick. I am thankful to have found this forum and thank you to everyone that has been so kind to me :) maybe i will post about my journey more once i get the hang of this wesbite more! I hope to learn about everyones stories as well if anyone wants to share :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:09 pm 

Aww Color! That made me shed a tear! I am so happy that it all went well! And at 2mgs.! You are a very lucky woman! I wish you a lot of peace with suboxone as that is what it has given me that I am most grateful for! All that craziness around trying to find my drug of choice and the spending! I am so happy those days are over! Please share your story when you are ready. Mine is here on a few threads!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:39 pm 

Hey Color,

It's members like you that make this forum worth it. Thank you to all the members who helped with their great advice.

You were very smart to come here first and gather information before inducing. If only I had done that. Thing is, most physicians don't receive enough training to tell their patients the proper method of induction. I am surprised at your doctors honesty though. Had I known how strong it was I would have done the same as you and started low.

Welcome to the forum and please let us know how you're doing!

rule