It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Induction Phase Problem
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:08 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I started Suboxone this past Tuesday. The 1st day it was good, but I didn't start till night because my doctor wanted me to wait 24 hours from my last use. The next morning I woke up and took my 2nd dose and my day went great. I am on 8MG twice a day. I was told to take every 12 hours and if my anxiety came back or the last couple of hours were to much to get thru to break 1 in half. Well about 9 hours in I started having withdrawals. I was sweating, my skin was burning and of course the body aches. So I did as I was advised. I broke 1 in half 3 hours early. Here's where I may have misunderstood. At the 12 hour dose time I took a whole 8MG pill. I have done this for the last 4 nights including tonight. Which I don't know if that's a problem. Here's the thing. I am still having withdrawals, even after I take one. They're just not as severe. Is this normal? I am suppose to see my doctor nest Tuesday but I am calling to change to Monday since now I will not have enough medication to make it. Any advise from other members or even the site administrator would be help.

Post subject: Seen the Doctor
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I seen the doctor today and it didn't help I came down with the flu. I think the head ache and some of the body aches were from that. The doctor gave me a breathing treatment and a shot to clear my cheast and sinus' and antibiotics (sp). I do know that the sweating and my skin burning was withdrawks. The doctor changed my script to 3 8mg a day. I have been reading this forum and I have not read yet anyone being on that dosage. If you have please respond with ur experiences. Thank you.

Post subject: 24mg. a day
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:40 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

poohgirl you sound as though your in a similiar situation as i am. i'm into my 4th week on sub after ten yrs. of oxy,morphine, ect.. abuse. my dr. put me on 24mg. a day after my 2nd visit because 16 mg. wasn't enough for me. now it hasn't been a picnic for me but the subs do make quitting tolerable. dont be ashamed or think that 8mg. times 3 a day is bad or unusual that just be the dose you need in the beginning and you will be able to taper as time goes on just like i plan to. good luck in your recovery.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: Re: 24mg. a day
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:35 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

dumbdrunk wrote:
poohgirl you sound as though your in a similiar situation as i am. i'm into my 4th week on sub after ten yrs. of oxy,morphine, ect.. abuse. my dr. put me on 24mg. a day after my 2nd visit because 16 mg. wasn't enough for me. now it hasn't been a picnic for me but the subs do make quitting tolerable. dont be ashamed or think that 8mg. times 3 a day is bad or unusual that just be the dose you need in the beginning and you will be able to taper as time goes on just like i plan to. good luck in your recovery.

Thank you so much for your response. I have already tapered down and my body has adjusted to the side effects of the sub. I continued to have the sweats for a couple more weeks which I learned on my own that it was a side effect from the sub from researching online myself. My doctor or his nurse weren't much help. When I asked I was told sweats were not a side effect. Also when I asked about having withdrawals from the sub I was told they had not treated anyone who did. I learned more online than I did from his office.