It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:37 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I've been on opiates of some kind for 14 years. Tried rehab and NA. This is the only thing that's given me hope in a long time. Will see dr this week for the first time. I'm mostly afraid of being rejected followed closely by the fear of withdrawel. ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:26 pm 

I'm so glad that you have reason to hope! You're making a great step by choosing to get help. Since you've been on opiates for 14 years, I'm sure you've tried to quite many times, but didn't have a lot of success. Suboxone could be a really good tool for you to finally stay out of active addiction.

Is your doctor having you pick up your prescription prior to going in for your appointment? That's what mine did. My doctor also had me withdraw from the percocet I was taking for over 48 hours before induction. Although that amount of time was overkill, it also made the transition from withdrawal to feeling normal on the sub that much more dramatic and awesome.

What instructions has your doctor given you so far, and did he prescribe any comfort meds for the withdrawal time period? I'm so glad you're here! We want to make you feel welcome and let you know that we will answer your questions as best we can.

Amy

Post subject: Started Yesterday
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:35 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I started yesterday and so far I'm feeling a lot better than I thought I would. I needed two 8mg but my appointment wasn't until late morning and I was pretty uncomfortable by then. Shaking pretty bad and all the rest. Was really tired by the end of the day and slept like a rock (with the help of ambien I'm afraid). I had a little headache for awhile after each one and thought my eyes looked glassy-which bothers me as I'm in the medical field and work pretty hard not to look stoned. But it's better than actually being stoned...so there's that. I've been reading some of the tips on how to properly take it cause it's a bit tricky but I'm getting the hang of it. So far so good.

'The gutter is where things get worse faster than you can lower your standards. ' Oscar Wilde

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:58 am 

It's pretty common to have headaches until your body gets used to the suboxone. Some people have found that their headaches improve if they spit out the remains of their sub instead of swallowing it. It's commonly thought that the headaches are caused by the naloxone component of suboxone.

There are a number of people who complain of pinpoint pupils being a side effect. I don't know if that's what you meant by looking glassy-eyed.

I'm glad your induction went pretty smoothly. I wish you the best!

Amy