It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Induction in 2 1/2 Hours
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:00 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm starting induction in 2 1/2 hours. I can't wait. I hope it works. I can't take this prison anymore. I hope I can take these withdrawals for another several hours. I feel horrible and I just want to take a pill and make it all go away so badly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:26 am 
Wecome to the forum! Congratulations on what you are about to do! If you're like me and most of the rest of us here on the forum, you must be so excited to get your life back on track. Opiate addiction is such a trap....an endless cycle of ups and downs....a horrible path that leads to nowhere good!
I know the withdrawals are miserable but hang on! You only have a few more hours to go and the fact that you are into some pretty good withdrawals should ensure that everything goes well with your induction. I hope you have found a good doctor. Usually they will talk to you for a while about your history - best to be completely honest right out of the gate and tell the doctor the good, the bad and the ugly about your addiction to opiates and any other substances/medications you use or abuse. Some of the docs will give you your first dose of Suboxone there in the office and some will send you home to dose. Either way...you're going to feel much better within an hour or two. It is important to have a positive mental attitude as well. Tell yourself "Yes this will work!" It has worked wonders for me and so many others here.
When you're feeling better take a minute to post some more of your story and keep visiting here for good information and support! Hang in there - things are about to get way, way better for you! Remember too that Suboxone is huge help, but you'll need to put other aspects of recovery into play as well if you want to not only get clean but stay that way!
Let us know how your induction goes!

Post subject: Relieved
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:46 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I know in a few hours I will feel a lot better. I cant wait. I am in that place where you want to crawl out of your body. I've been reading on here to keep myself as distracted as possible. It's tough!

Im one of those people that can get addicted to anything. Seriously. I've been taking tabs, percs, oxy, any pill I can get for about 3 years. Since I'm a naturally depressed person they of course made me feel great! I first took them for a migrain. I get those alot. Of course the joyride only last so long before you run outta gas on the wrong side of town and then its not so great anymore. I can take 15 - 20 tab 10s a day and not get that high now.

I'm moody, I lay around as soon as I get off work, I'm not fun, I have social anxiety. Worse then anything is that I have cheated my wonderfully supportive husband out of a partner and my awesome boys (8 yrs & 12 yrs) out of a good mom for about 2 years. A few months ago my 12 yr old said "Mom did you take some of your medicine?" "Why?" I asked terrified that he knew. "Because your in a good mood. You're only like that when you take your medicine." he answered simply. Wow, I'm a shit person. Anyways. I've tried to quit, taper, pray, meditate, do a tribal dance, I cant quit. I want too. But I dont want too. Because you feel like your loosing your best friend. Like you have a gaping hole in your chest.

This is theraputic....

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:50 pm 
I totally understand. You have to do this....it's time. You can't lose any more to this thing. I know....I have lost a lot because of my addiction. Thank God, so far I still have my husband, family and my home but I have lost so much that I can't get back and I did things in my addiction that cannot be undone no matter what. So don't let it go any further. Don't make your kids continue to grow up with a mom that is unstable.
I get what you mean about wanting to quit and not wanting to quit. It's difficult to accept that you can't get that fabulous opiate feeling anymore. You'll miss it, I'm not gonna lie. But that's just part of it. It gets easier as time goes by, and feeling normal day in and day out feels far better than feeling "high" once in a while!
Suboxone is a wonderful drug - you'll see here real soon. Once you get started on it you'll feel good enough to start working on your 'life' and your recovery. It's not all sunshine and roses by any means but I know for me that first day or two on Sub was like - I had hope again after feeling so hopeless about my addiction and my life. It's a great feeling.
Let us know how it goes.

Post subject: Feeling blessed
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:01 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you so much for bothering to reply to me. I really needed someone to hear me while I was losing my mind. You have no idea how much it helped.

Ok here is the run down....

I LOVE the Doctor I saw. He was really great. He not only listened as I rambled on purging my feelings of hopeless addiction but he also gave me sound advise and honest straighforward answers. He explained addiction in laymens terms and knew how I was feeling and told me why. He gave me 4 mgs to start and another 4 mgs about 30 minutes apart. He wants me to take two 8 mgs a day for two days then 4 mgs three times a day for the remained of a month at which time I will go back in for my next appointment. Our time frame is 9 months on subs. He also wants me to be in NA or AA meetings once a day.

I feel really great about this. Could be the sub talking but I'll take it!

Thanks again for listening.