It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Induction help
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:14 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi there, I am new to this forum but definitely not new to opiate use. I know the ins and outs of opiates and suboxone. I am 25 years old and have been using and quitting opiates since I was 16. I have been inducted on suboxone countless
Times, but lately have found that it doesn't give the desired effect on induction day. The first time I was inducted I waited until I was a 26 on COWS and it was also 24 hours past my last dosage of heroin. I took 2mg and an hour later felt immediate relief along with a simple opiate buzz. It was a godsend. Lately when I try to induct (as I am trying again to get sober after 6 months of slipping up) I cannot get relief. I am doing everything right, but I do not receive relief from withdrawal on the first day of induction. It causes me to go out again and use. If I could just get some relief I feel like I could get on with my life and continue doing the things I need to to remain sober. Does anybody have any suggestions on why suboxone isn't working as well for me anymore? Do you think it would be smart for me to induce, and then take a mild opiate a few hours after the induction to take any residual withdrawal symptoms away, then wait another 24 hours to take another dosage of suboxone? My goal is to be on suboxone for maintenance. Before this last run of slip ups I had a year clean and I was perfectly happy on the small 4mg dosage of suboxone that I was on daily. I just want to get back to that point. Does anybody have any advice for induction day to make it more bearable? When I am in withdrawal I am completely incapacitated. I have school, work, meetings, a very frustrated wife, and a life that I cannot be sitting on the couch, waiting to feel okay for. Please help.
-john

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:18 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

By the way, my current usage is 2-3 grams of heroin daily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:47 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey..

I don't have any suggestions on how to help make the induction process smoother, but I can certainly relate. Unfortunately, it seems you've crossed that line where the drugs you're taking now, are stronger and more powerful than the relief you get from suboxone, which is very common. I failed several inductions because of this as well. On my final induction, I had to just stick it out as there were no other options for me. I had moved to a new city and had NO contacts. I felt like crap for a several days and slowly but surely got back to place where I was functioning and it was well worth it, for me. What about the weekend? Do you have weekends off?

Your options are scarce and you need to make a change one way or another. Maybe someone will come around and offer you a suggestion on a more comfortable induction.. but for now, think about carving out a bit of time to adjust to suboxone. You owe yourself that.

GL!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:51 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

That's kinda what I was expecting. :/. Thank you for your quick reply.