It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:47 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

For the past 10 days I have been taking 2mg once in the morning and once at night. I left a message to my physician asking if I can lower my dosage because of certain side effects I am having. I got a voicemail back saying that I could however there was not any specifics and I wont be able to speak with him until Monday. I am thinknig about just dropping the 2mg dose in the evening and sticking with only the 2mg dose in the morning and I hoping that will make the side effects go away.

Does anyone see any problems with this?
If this is too big a drop for my body what will I feel and aproximately when will I feel it?

I do not have much of an education and I apolagize for any grammer or lack of detail. I can answer any questions yall may have. Right now it is 7:45pm CST and I would have normally have already taken the 2nd dose although I am not going to unless yall tell me I am making big mistake.

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:24 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

If you wake up in the morning with withdrawal symptoms that would be a good indication that the jump was too far down.

Or if you feel ok but are having cravings by the end of the day you might consider taking 1mg in the AM and 1mg in the eve.

I take my dose before bed, I seem to sleep better that way and wake up feeling good.

But yea, you will have to wait and see in the morning what happens. Suboxone is strong, that's for sure. I was prescribed 8, which initially i thought might have been too little cause I was craving, but I think that was mostly psychological (just missing my routine of getting high). After a week I was able to go down to 4mgs a day with no problems withdrawal wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:36 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI!!!

sorry for your doctor's lack of instruction, but it seems to happen quite a bit!!!

ryan is right, if you feel w/d symptoms by a.m. it probably was too much of a drop, but theres a good chance you wont "feel" any kind of a reduction for at least a day. So try and take the same (lowered) dose a few days in a row, and go from there. Going up and down without giving your body time to adjust, is what'll get ya in trouble, due to the long halflife ........ but on that low of a dose, even 4mg, the halflife isnt AS long as say 16mg, so If I were you, Id just take that 2mg dose (or 1mg/1mg) for at least three days, before you 'judge' anything.

Did I make any sense???
sorry if I didnt Im trying!!!
been moving all day, Im a lil scattered. :wink:

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:24 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Yes, that made sense Amber. I went ahead and skipped the dose last night and when I woke up this morning I was feeling fine. I went ahead and took my 2mg dose this morning and I don't plan on taking another one until tomorrow morning. So far so good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:39 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well maybe I spoke too soon. Anxiety is killing me! I took my 2mg this mornig
though so maybe the anxiety has nothing to do with the decrease in my daily dosage. I don't know....Uhg....

Post subject: Too Much
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:54 pm 

My opinion is you dropped down way too much. Try not to drop down any lower than 25% if possible. Like Amber said, being on a lower dose you will feel w/d's much faster because the Bup is not stacking anymore in your body.

May I suggest you take 2mg in the morning and 1mg in the evening. Even better would be to take all 3mg's in the morning like it is supposed to be taken. Then go to 2½mg's and so forth. Down at that level you need to only drop in very small doses or you will feel it.

Slow and easy wins the race.

Post subject: Re: Too Much
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:58 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

rule62 wrote:
My opinion is you dropped down way too much. Try not to drop down any lower than 25% if possible. Like Amber said, being on a lower dose you will feel w/d's much faster because the Bup is not stacking anymore in your body.

May I suggest you take 2mg in the morning and 1mg in the evening. Even better would be to take all 3mg's in the morning like it is supposed to be taken. Then go to 2½mg's and so forth. Down at that level you need to only drop in very small doses or you will feel it.

Slow and easy wins the race.

So I should take a 1mg dose this evening and then I can start the 3mg dose tomorrow morning? Does that sound good to you?
Also, if I were to just continue taking only 2mg in the morning when do you think the anxiety I am having now would go away?
The reason I cut my dose so much in the first place was to try and get rid of some of the symptoms I was having from the subs which included anxiety so maybe I just want to tough it out for a couple a days or so...Uhg I dunno.....just venting/talking

Thanks again! I don't know what I would do without this forum and y'all helping me!

Hopefully in the future with my experience I can help others