It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:00 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello all, I've been lurking on the forums for a few weeks now as I have prepared myself and now have successfully started my life on suboxone. I'll start with a quick back story and move into my induction craziness in the induction section.

To start I'm but a happily married US Army Veteran who served his time in Iraq. My addiction started about 7 years ago, not by chance but by choice... I knew what opiates were, I understood how they affected the brain as well as how addiction worked. I guess you could say I thought I was too smart to get addicted. After 4 years of off and on with vicodin, percocets, duladid, and oxymorphone (Opana), I moved away from it all to beautiful Colorado where I had no worries of any opiates as I knew no one there... Well my Rx for my ADHD (adderall 30mg twice a day) led me to meet another like me that got vicodin once a month (yes I found someone to get something from I thought at the time). That lasted a few months until I took a promotion to bring myself back to KY to be closer to my family. Got back to my known area and I was back to it again, getting anything from anyone until I was hooked on 30mg percs. One day out of pure hell of withdrawal I was unable to find my regular choice and persuaded myself over to the even darker side of heroin. After 8 long months of heroin use at 1g or more a day (intranasal, I swore to never allow a point into my home) I'm finally on the road to recovery.

Your stories and strong support for each other have already helped me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:48 am 

Welcome, so happy ur on the road to recovery now!

I live in Tennessee but I'm also right on the border of Kentucky also (Kentucky is actually where my clinic is). The opiate epidemic in my area is astounding. I am somewhat surrounded by places I could find opiates or even meth if I wanted to. It's everywhere.

I have a neighbor a little bit down the street whose home I can see and I see constant traffic where they're dealing. I know all these signs because I used to 'visit' there during my active addiction. It was hard in the beginning of my treatment because I was seeing it in front of my face but now I'm in the opposite mindset. Instead of being jealous and wanting to join the pill party, I also know that they're sick more than high. I see it becoming a ghost town after a while and I actually become grateful that I'm off that roller coaster and sad for them. It makes me want to go knock on the door and tell them to go to a clinic like mine, surly they're over the constant withdrawal on and off.

I'm so glad to hear ur doing much better now. We are so grateful for the service u have done also!!