It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:01 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I have been without internet for a few days...

I am day 7 of induction. I was on methadone (legit) 75mg for a couple of years. I jumped methadone at 75mg using about 6 vic total to ease w/d and did that for 6days.
Day 6 I inducted....started at 2mg, then another 2mg and another 2mg for toal of 6 I think,.

Anyway, now I am day 7 and doing really well. I am on 8mg daily. Feel great, fantastic and had very minimal w/d from the methadone.
I am loving that I did this and very proud of myself to tell you....I almost threw in the towel on Sunday because I had to go to methadone clinic that monday to turn in empties and I was sooo scared to start the induction fearing w/d. So I said, screw it, I'm not going to fail and I do not want to be tempted to take methadone Monday so I inducted without incident.

I cannot say enough what a great change this has been for me. I feel so much clearer, happier, lighter literally as I have already lost about 12#. gotta love that... but my emotions are clear and real and I have energy...I'm working out a little, doing a kind of cleansing, but healthy diet.

One issue: sleep. Having some fitful sleep. I tried to divide my dose yesterday but kinda felt wired last night so this am just went back to once a day 8mg dosing. Really don't want to do divided doses for the behavior of it unless it really makes a difference. I feel superb today. Seriously, it was not that big of a difficulty for ME to switch from 75mg methadone, but that is just me. my experience.

Thanks for the support. I am borrowing computer to post as I didn't want you all to think I relapsed.

I'll check in when I'm connected....
Chinagirl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Glad to hear from you chinagirl,

I was wondering if everything was OK...now I know your doing great and that's a relief.

I remember how terrific it was to feel great again after having suboxone do its thing. Isn't it so nice.

Some initial sleep issues are not unheard of, it should pass soon enough.

Congrats and good job!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:32 pm 
Hey chinagirl!!

I am so glad your induction went well!! I myself went from methadone to suboxone without any problems. Oddly enough, i waited 6 long freakin days as well with absolutely nothing but withdrawal. As for dividing doses. In my opinion, if you can avoid it, most definitely do. My doctor doesnt know as much as he should and i was told to take 8mg's 3 times a day. So thats what i did in the beginning. I eventually got to the point where it felt like too much. I had a hard time getting myself out of the routine of taking it 3 times a day but i did. Im in my 19th month and i've been at 2 times a day for about 6 or 7 months now. Im aiming toward 1 dose a day but im not quite their yet. If i had it to do all over again i would only take it once a day. Had i known in the beginning that its best to take once a day, you can bet thats what i would have done. However, i was so sick and ready to be well that i just went into everything without proper research. Either way, i am doing freakin fantastic now and could not be happier. I havent had 1 single slip and have been a perfect patient. Not one problem the whole time. So, i really believe if things have started off well for you everything is gonna be just fine. Have a great day!! Oh, i wish i had something to help you with on the sleep issue but i cant say i've ever had that problem. I do hope it gets better for you!! ~PEACE~

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:57 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Romeo and Lifesaver,

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the posts.
Lifesaver, thanks for the suggestions about dosing. My dr. prefers once a day but was willing to let me try it to see if it would work...I am in constant communication with him since I inducted at home and it was off of methadone...so I call him before I make any changes....really need to watch addictive behaviors with dosing esp. with my field of work...it makes it so easy to do for me...
So, dr and I agree that poly pharmacy is not a great idea so I'll try to stay off trazodone if possible. I may need it for a while but who knows.
Feel great and really very thankful for all the support and encouragement last week from everyone.
I'll be around...and checking in.

Post subject: day 8 on bupe
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:25 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Curious as to how the first 2 weeks of induction went for people..knowing I focus on how I feel a bit too much, today is the worst day so far physically. Mentally I am fine and if I didn't feel so nauseated I'd be just fine. No cravings, no ruminating, but I don't know if the nausea is from the induction and stabilization or its just me maybe getting flu, which does not happen much at all.

I'm also doing a kind of cleansing diet but it is very low calorie so that could also be the problem. Trying to do too much at once, you know? I want to be perfect in 5 minutes. However, as far as nutrition goes, my diet is a balanced one, not a crazy fad diet. I don't do diets anyway, its just I felt so yuck after methadone. Even with the low calorie thing I have anorexia anyway. I eat 2 bites of chicken and cannot eat anything else for hours.
No GI problems as far as what everyone talks about with sub so it isn't that either. Hydrating very well, a gallon of water a day.

Trying to exercise a little, not over do it...

sleep: difficult still. Want to keep things simple so just trying to get through it.

Thanks,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:50 am 
My first 2 weeks, to be honest i can hardly recall. That was 19 months ago but i will say that the only problem i had in the beginning was, their would be mornings where i would wake up throwing up literally back to back to back like 6 to 8 times extremely extremely nauseated. Now, that only happened about 3 times in the beginning. However, strangely it wasnt the first 2 weeks when it happened. It was within the first couple months. Thats really the only horrible thing i experienced. Anyways, i guess i was lucky. I've seen a few other stories where people had problems in the beginning but nothing that didnt eventually pan out. Hope this helps!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:35 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I still have a headache but from what I hear and read it is a side effect that is common.
I decided to continue to split the 8mg doses for now to allow the receptors to get saturated. My dr. is ok with this.
Feel pretty good, but sometimes wonder if I am under dosing and that maybe I might need my maintenance dose initially to be a tiny bit higher. I MIGHT be feeling some w/d, but its not that bad.
No cravings, however, no ruminating about using so over all its a success for me and i am really grateful. I wish i would have done it sooner, but I was terrified of methadone w/d.

Just want to clarify something I wrote earlier. I was talking about some symptoms I was having and I used the word anorexia. I meant it as I am unable to eat right now, not that I am anorexic. Just FYI in case of confusion. I eat a couple of bites of brown rice or chicken and cannot eat any more. I really believe I am needing more calories which could be making me not feel well but I can't get any food in....it makes me ill to eat.
Is that common?

That's it for now. I'll post about the rest of the week intermittently in case anyone else on methadone wants info on how it went for me. Like I said, really a piece of cake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:21 am 
I would say that not being able to eat in the beginning is probably pretty common. I know i had a hard time getting adjusted to eating in the beginning. But everything will straighten itself out very soon. Just a matter of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

chinagirl, hang in there. Your brain is still trying to sort out what the hell just happened to it (methadone to suboxone).

It'll come around, takes a little time.

The not eating is probably a factor as well, as you suspected. Don't give up on sub.

Keep moving forward, you're getting closer and closer!

Post subject: day 8 on sub
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:05 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hey Romeo and Lifesaver,

Thanks for the responses...I appreciate it.

Slept last night 8 hours finally. I seem to wake up feeling weird and had the same headache going on. Took advil and sub.
A couple of hours later and I feel pretty decent. Minor headache only.

I still cannot believe I actually made it through this. It's funny how we blow things up in our minds, no matter what it is, and over think...and worry and fret. Then look back and say, "what was all the crazy about anyway, it turned out fine"
I over thought the methadone pwd thing probably but oh well. I am kind of glad I experienced going 6 days without it, it makes me feel that when the time comes for me to get off sub, if I do, that I can do it, too.

Thanks again for the support.

Post subject: nausea?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:44 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

So the nausea has not subsided and the headache continues despite advil x2 (fours apart). I have a hx of migraines but these are not the same headache. maybe the nausea is assoc. with my headache I don't know...
I did increase the calories I was consuming and am eating balanced.
The other thing is my energy comes in spurts. I'll do something and then have to stop. I realize my brain is making changes but I guess I assumed a more seamless change over.
I know I need to just let it work itself out....if anyone has experienced it or has any ideas I'd love to hear them.
Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The only time I got headaches on sub was when I took too much, but I don't think that's the case with you? When I did get a sub headache, 2 advil would knock it completely out...I'm wondering, like you, if it isn't more the nausea?

I hope someone with more methadone to sub experience will post soon and be able to offer some more detailed advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:59 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Romeo,
Thanks for the response. I am no doubt over thinking everything...however I did call my dr. and he believes I am underdosed at this point that I am trying to stay too conservative with my dose. I am coming off of a significant dose of methadone with a long hx of opiate use as well...and he just thinks 8mg is too low. He now wants me to dose at 12mg. I did take a total of 12mg today and do feel better. Still have slight residual headache but nasea is gone. He is having me dose at 8mg first thing in am and then wait an hour and dose another 4mg. We'll see how that goes.

He also says that 80% of his practice his clients are on about 16mg maintenance. He was saying that at 16mg 92% of the receptors are saturated and at 24mg 96% and that at doses lower like 4,8,12 that there is a clinically significant difference in saturation in clients. I don't know if these numbers are what everyone else has read...just some info he gave me i thought I'd throw out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:01 am 
I know for me in the beginning i actually started out at 16mg's. That worked ok but i wake up at 5oclock every day so at the time i had convinced myself i need a 3rd dose so my doctor moved me to 24mg's. Well, i took 24 for awhile and then realized it was too much and dropped down to 16mg's. I think methadone is a really hard transition an possibly requires a higher dose. Especially coming from 75mg's straight to suboxone. I switched over from 30mg's of methadone. I do vaguely remember having a few headaches but nothing i couldnt handle. You know what, and this just goes to show how much of a fog i was in but, in the beginning i remember having to be prescribed phenegran because i had nausea. Im retarted. I forgot all about that. I actually took that stuff for a couple months. However, the reason was like i said in the post before, i would wake up some mornings throwing up back to back to back 6 to 8 times. It was horrible. I know if i had those problems switching from 30mg's of methadone, i can definitely understand you having a few problems. But, i do know for a fact they go away. See if your doctor will prescribe you something for nausea just to get you through this rough part of the process. Again promethazine(phenegran) was what i used and it did wanders. Only thing is, it made me sleep so hard and i was tired all the time but it was worth it because i slept a lot of the hard times away. Nausea was also non-existent once i started taking the phenegran. The headaches i believe are apart of coming off the methadone because i remember my doctor and i wandering if the naloxone in the suboxone was causing it but ended up not being the case. I know this may seem like a long time but, 2 to 3 months and you will physically feel 100% again. Keep us posted!! Have a great day!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:09 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Hi Lifesaver,

That all makes sense, really. My last visit to my sub dr. he did say he might rx zofran or vistaril for nausea that he thought I might end up with. And originally he really felt I would need 16mg as maintenance for a while. So, I'll let go of my ideas of staying on a lower dose of sub until I feel better.

Slept a long time last night which I needed. No nausea right now but still that freaking headache. Dosed at 8mg and in another 20 min. I'll take another 4mg as he directed me to. I'll post later and let you know if it is working.

Thanks so much for the responses. It helps me as I get thorough these first weeks. Silly me, I really thought it would be no problem. and it isn't really a huge problem, it's just having a hx of migraines I detest having headaches.

Still very happy I did this...already my life is so much better. I feel the real me.