It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Induction after relapse
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:19 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi everyone. So a good friend just relapsed on opiates (Roxis) a few weeks ago. He says he's doing about 3-4 per day (90-120mg). I convinced him to go on suboxone because he's relapsed many times and suboxone worked great for me when I couldn't stop. I'm wondering what mg I should start him on. It's been about 20 hours since his last roxy and he is not withdrawing, so I doubt he will have any withdrawals at all. I am giving him 2 mg now but any advice any of you may have on how to induct him would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:25 pm 

Justin, how is he doing with 2mg?

Amy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hi Amy. He wasn't really feeling well so he took another 2 mg. He's didn't really take them correctly. After about 7 minutes he built up too much saliva and spit it out. I just don't want to start him out at too high of a dose especially because he's only been doing opiates again for a few weeks. He's still skeptical about long term suboxone use but I think it is definitely needed due to the fact that he's relapsed so many times. Hopefully he sticks with it. Now I'm just focused on the balancing act of not giving him more than he needs, but also giving him enough so he's not craving blues.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:17 am 

Will he consider trying to find a doctor to prescribe for him if he decides to keep on the suboxone? That would be optimal for sure. I especially would hate for you to risk your ability to continue a treatment program if your friend is careless. Keep us informed on how he does this weekend.

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:05 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I tried talking to him about that but he doesn't have insurance. He is not getting any subs from me though, he buys them from someone else. I stopped taking subs 4 months ago.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:56 pm 

Of course that's right. Sorry for my momentary mind blip. :D

Amy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Oh geez, scared me for a minute... I'm glad to read that it wasn't you who relapsed. So how ya feeling? Are you feeling much difference from when you were on Suboxone and now? Sorry to get off subject like this, lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:46 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Hey bama and Amy. Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. Haha no it wasn't me who relapsed, thank god!I do not feel any withdrawal symptoms and haven't for months now. I'm definitely back to normal physically. I haven't had any cravings for opiates or subs at all.

It's difficult to tell how I have changed mentally from being on subs to being off because I'm going through a pretty unstable period right now. I just moved cities and am looking for a job now while living with my dad (who is crazy lol) so everything has kind of been up in the air and I have been really stressed lately. I know it will not last and I made the decision to do this before I quit subs but I'm also curious to see how my mental state will be once I am settled again. I can say that I have more clarity now than when on subs. Any way, I am just taking this one day at a time. I appreciate all of the support you both have given me throughout these past 5 months. I'm really sorry for not being on here more often but I am going to make an effort to post and comment much more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:21 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well Hey there Justin. No need to apologize, I completely understand, life happens. I sure do hate your having to go through a stressful situation right after jumping off Subs. I have always heard avoid stress like the plague right after jumping. It might add to PAWS, or some of those depression and anxiety symptoms. I hope not too bad. Glad your reporting moments of clarity. I have also heard of people noticing a lot more details in their life after jumping. Like little details. Well I hope you keep on posting here, as it has been terribly slow lately around the forum and of course we love to hear how your doing now that your off Suboxone. Sincerely, Angie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:13 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks Angie, the whole jumping process was not nearly as scary as I made it out to be in my head before I quit. Although it was not a walk in the park.

I just wanted to thank you again and Amy for helping me get through this, it really means a lot to me. People like you two and rule, pelican deekay, jennjen and so many others have really helped me a lot and you guys help out so many other people.

How are you doing now angie? Are you still doing okay on 6-8 mg?