It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:02 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

How long to wait to induct after stopping a month run of insufflating morphine sulfate 100 mg/day Extended Release and smoking 90 mg/day Oxy IR? I'm not sure if N 100 purplish gray oval tablet is ER, so I'm assuming it's ER to be safe even though the fact that the tabs reduce to powder and aren't full of plastic and/or goo indicate they're prolly IR. I can't find a picture or description online and I can't figure out how to upload a picture to the forum from my PC. It would be great if I could confirm that the tablets are IR, because then I would probably be safe waiting only 24 hrs. You may wonder why I can't tell from personal experience whether or not the MS is IR or ER; I would wonder myself. Well, for starters I was also taking 200mg/day oral cimetidine to enhance/prolong the opiates. Along with smoking about a qtr gr./day of crystal meth, and a bottle of wine or six pack of beer/day too. It's prolly a miracle I can even type, but I've worked full time thru the whole run as a desk jockey (fka a pencil pusher, but these days we just push a mouse around its pad) and my performance metrics are right up there. Anyway, any guidance on wait time would be welcome and/or if anyone knows the poop on these tabs. I think the tabs must be fairly new since I couldn't find them in any of the numerous online forums or on drugs.com, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:34 am 

Hey phoebus.

How long have u been using? I know u said something about a month long run with morphine 100mg, have u been using opiates longer than a month but morphine only a month, or just started using any opiates only a month ago? Lol I know I'm confused I'm sorry, I'm not fully with it this morning yet :)

If u want to know exactly what u were taking and what release it was, u can go to pill identifier, u just type in what the pills looked like and it'll tell ya. I used to wear that website out bk in my using days to make sure nobody was ripping me off lol crazy I know. So if ur wondering about it, it's a pretty useful site.

Normally, a buprenorphine doctor will have u stop all opiates for 24 to 36 hours before the induction to buprenorphine. But they also use a COWS score sheet to score the withdrawal ur having and also use that to decide when to start ur induction. Not long into my addiction, my drug of choice was morphine. I stayed on morphine for yrs shooting it. As time passed it finally got to the point where every time I'd shoot up, I'd get sick. So I switched to oxycodone. Morphine was something I became very addicted to, I remember getting withdrawal from it pretty quick into the next day if I didn't have it, same with oxycodone. I waited 32 hrs before my induction and things went fine. Some don't wait that long, it all depends on what their doctors tell em. It'd help more to know what ur tolerance is and how long you've been abusing opiates.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi Jennifer, my most recent run was for a month. I've been abusing for many yrs, favorite is Oxy. Didja know that Oxy is synthesized from one of the alkaloids in opium that actually has stimulant properties, I think that's why I prefer it because for me it's almost an upper. For the last 10 yrs I've had to work for a living and I don't have unlimited funds so my strategy is kinda like that of a weekend warrior. I try to keep my runs to 5-7 days, then detox for a week or two, then do it again. That way I don't get a real bad jones and I can detox with subs, 2-4 mg/day for 2-3 days. Anyway thanks for the tip about pill identifier, I mighta missed that one.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Phoebus,

Amazed at all the substances you take and yet your writing style is excellent and shows a bright bright mind. I do ache and cringe when I read how you use bup, so you can go back out. That's tough to read when for me it was and for many here, is a wonder drug. Wishing you consider it for long term maintenance. Might save your life. Hope you know YOU matter to this universe! Wishing you my best because this is all so hard, P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:35 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks, Pelican! You surely are correct, my sub doc echoed your comments. Well, for the detox at hand, thanks to Jennifer I was finally able to locate the pill in question. Turns out it's 100 mg morphine sulfate extended release. So back to my original question, how long must I wait to induct with sub after stopping? Some of the literature says 48 hrs - that'll be a tough row to hoe, but it's better than premature withdrawal I suppose. Has anyone ever tried inducting with a very small dose, e.g., .25 mg as a method to test whether enough time has passed?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:07 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey pho, glad you have a bup dr but how do you get by the urine tests w all the others substances? I'm going to bow out bc i consider snorting bup as abusing bup and to me, you are asking a pro bup recovery forum to help you snort the 'right' amt of bup so you can soon go back out on full opis... I can't do it. I'm off bup awhile and utilized bup to get my life on track and now doing well... and truly want this for you as well. Hope this happens to you, P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

phoebus...

New here. Your post caught my eye because I'm an opium addict and I"m told that while there are several compounds involved in poppies, the central one is morphine. I'm told 24 hours should be enough on that basis. The fact that you feel withdrawal symptoms pretty quickly the next day indicates to me....based on the little I know so far so please don't rely on it....that the same 24 hours or so should do it for you.

I could never make 36. I feel like I need more starting at about 12 hours depending on previous dose of opium. So I need to get through what will surely be another 12 hours after that of tough times...12 easy hours, then 12 increasingly rough.

Not looking forward to it to say the very least...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:31 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm inducting right now too. Purple-grey 100s are definitely extended release.

My doc told me to switch from ER to IR for the 3-5 days before induction.
She told me to do it like this: wait 24 hours after the last IR dose (or however long I could stand - she said most people can't stand much more than 12, but that 24 would be better if I could tough it out), then take 2 mg Subutex (1/4 pill). Then wait 2 hours and take another 2 mg. Keep waiting 2 hours and taking another 2 mg until I feel better. She said that doing it that way would avoid precipitating withdrawal, and that it's better to add a little bupe at a time as the morphine leaves my brain and more receptors open up.
This doctor has inducted a lot of addicts, including many who would never be able to get their shit together enough to go to a doctor's office, and she says this 'rule of two' is the best way to induct under 'real world conditions' - i.e. junkies who say they'll wait 24 hours, then can't wait longer than 8; junkies who are homeless and kicking on the street without the comforts of heat, a bed, a clean bathtub and toilet, etc. If you're the exception who CAN wait 24 hours after your last dose of IR morphine, a larger initial dose might be easier.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:12 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I never had any issues going from prescription opoids to suboxone. I could take them side by side with Sub and feel perfectly fine. The only thing I could not mix suboxone with was H. But everyones body is different, and you might not feel discomfort or sickness when switching