It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: I Inducted today
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I inducted today well yesterday with 1mg and then today 2 mg I took I feel alright but i got the "jerking feeling" in my legs and my nose is runny and i am getting a lil flushy feeling It has been a week since I used fentanyl so any thoughts??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just inducted 6 days ago as well. I also felt kind of bad the first 3 days but I had to remember that there is no quick fix and that I had some pain coming my way eventually. About your dose though, it seems pretty low. Did you take it in one dose or are you splitting it? I started at 16mg but brought it down to 2mg in the am and 2mg at night. and it seems to work. Less is more with Subs but maybe you just need a little more. Congrats for doing this you made a good choice. Bite the bullet and good luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Still prod,
I waited a week from the last time I did fentanyl are you sure there is no preceipitated withdrawal here? Cause thats what I want to be cautious of I eat the patches not wear them I had xanax to help me get through the week with out and the ran out it was a low dose of xanax but anyway Now back to the subs but my bipdy is not feeling to great you know

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:18 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

All I can tell you is from my own experience. I never got into fentanyl but i was on methadone when I switched and I am fairly certain that methadone has a much longer half life. I think you should be plenty fine with a week of not using and what your feeling iw normal. I was definitly not feeling great at all the first 3 days but now i feel perfect. There is hope man just keep it up and push through it it is so worth it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:22 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Right on man I appreciate it i got the diharrea to now and i got that antsy feeling now you know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Yeah I do know. If this was easy to go through this forum wouldn't exist haha. But it does and while you go through this use it as a tool. I know I am. have you tried taking like 2mg extra and just see if that does anything? I would be willing to bet you would feel better. I know that my first couple days 2mg was not enough in the morning but 4mg made me feel great with just minor discomfort (cold chills and goosebumps). You will get through it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

You are taking a very low dose, especially for induction. Even people using sub just for a quick detox usually take around 8mg for at least the first few days. If it were me I would take more sub and I think you will feel just fine. I started at 12mg but have been at 16mg for quite some time now.

With waiting a week your induction should be fairly easy and you don't have to feel bad if you take the correct dosage. If you want to keep your dose low you will eventually stabilize on it. I can't tell you how long it will take (we are all so different) but I can tell you that you will stabilize.

Maintenance doses are recommended to be comfortably above the ceiling, which is around 4mg. Drs recommend above so that your blood level doesn't drop down past the ceiling effect. Your opiate receptors will remain constantly saturated and you will not have the highs and lows. You will just feel "normal".

Congrats on finally getting on the subs. It took a while but you didn't give up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

you know what breezy you are probably right, but when i induced today with 2 mgs i started getting that kick feeling where you got to move al the time and the hot and cold chills I know after a week I am safe but this has got me stummbled let me know any thoughts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

How long after you doses did you get that feeling and how long did it last? Also, is your Dr helping you with induction?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:00 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I took the 2mgs at 12:15pm today and got that feeling at like 1:30 or 2pm tht day and i inducted myself so any thoughts??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:35 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am not sure, some people have said they get that feeling at times and think it may be the naloxone. Spitting your saliva out after the sub is dissolved can help. I suppose it is possible you still have some fentanyl on your receptors but I wouldn't think so given it's been a week and you weren't wearing the patch.

If it were me I would try a bigger dose and see if that helps. It may be that it was just a coincidence with the sub and you are getting more withdrawl from the fentanyl and you haven't taken enough sub to stop them. These are just some guesses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:23 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Quote:
i inducted myself so any thoughts??

There's your problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:31 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Please dont take this the wrong way ( maybe im just ignorant to how fentynal works) but are you really clean 7 days? Is its half life that long? I mean thats worse than methadone! I know myself where I wouldn't count a "chip" and just keep my day count going. I onky ask because for 1 7 days cold turkey is freakin intense! I would imagine you would at least be feeling noticeably better at worst. Also, i have to agree with tj taking this on all alone is sketchy at best but at least your looking for some guidance. If i offended, again I apologize, also to the moderators I hope i am not breaking any rules, I just had to write this as I was thinking about it at work all night... Peace n luv

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:09 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Just wanted to add this info to the thread: tiredofthegame has been asking questions about induction for the last month or two but in a different thread. We have advised him to see a Dr, and thought he had (that's why I asked).

Tired, I thought you had a sub Dr now? Maybe I am not remembering correctly but I thought you were inducing on your own last time because you didn't want to wait until your appointment. Since you are having difficulties, I think it is really important you see a Dr.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:57 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

While yes breezy that is true the info you wanted to add about me.I did see the doctor and he inducted me but then i felt a lil weird and he said that the feeling should pass, but i got news the crap is not passing. When I call to talk to him he never gets back to me and the nurse just pisses on ur head and says youl have to wait till the next time you see him. I know you guys are not medical professionals and I know eberyone is different but when in doubt you should turn to someone who has been through it and see if they mabey know something. I am not lobbying for help if i do this right I want it to be right so I never go back The doctor i was seeing before my girlfriend died he is not in practice anymore he was a good doctor so thats why i always am asking about the suboxone and inducting thats the info I want to post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:24 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sorry you are not getting a response from your Dr. He should be reachable by you through out your induction period. I didn't mean it to sound like you shouldn't come here for help. I just wanted other readers to know I wasn't trying to act like I'm qualified to give medical advice and that seeing a Dr is important. Unfortunately it is all too common to have mwmbers seeking advice here because their Drs are of little to no help. All sub Drs are not created equal.

How are you doing? Did you try taking a larger dose of sub to see if it helped? I hope you are doing better!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:30 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I took 4mgs at 3:15 pm and I am waiting to see i hope the knee kicking dont start up again but yeah thats weird 7 days with no fentaanyl and only had xanax to help me i almost should see if i can go with it without you know how long does it take to detox from eating fentanyl?? I am starting to get the hot sweats now though but it could be frame of mind i do not know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:37 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Are you still taking the xanax? I know that when I went into my rehab I went off my klonopin and the w/d was hell! is it possible you are experiencing that? the w/d from xanax can last a long long time. just a thought...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I have not used that much xanax though only three bars and I made them last 6 days broke them in half so i dont know good thought though