It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:00 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have been using poppy seed tea for several months. It's a very odd thing, comes on slowly and tends to last up to 12 hours or more. I am hopefully inducing in two days and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with inducing from this particular opiate?

My dose is not high ( but how would I know I guess?? ) but poppy seed tea seems to last a long time. Much longer than any single entity drug, as it contains, morphine, codeine,noscapine, paperavine, thebaine, and some others which are extensively metabolized ( I dosed at 3am, it's 1am and I feel no w.d. yet )... I have to drive myself 45 min thurs. to induce and wished to ask for any advise.

I'd rather not have PW or have any other nightmarish thing happen.

Thanks for any help. I have been having seizure jerks and other side effects from the shit and have nothing else to go onto that would make for an easier induction... I ditched the tea last time and got hydrocodone to take the few days before therefore it was easy to judge.. this stuff though. It's bad. Please help

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 2:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hello not again. Not sure I can be a huge help here but my experience going from heroin to suboxone was relatively easy I used to switch back and forth within about 12 hours back when I was using, but I've also heard of others having precipitated withdrawals from doing the same thing, I guess everyone is different I know they have some info somewhere on how far along into withdrawal you should be before inducing onto suboxone. Hope everything goes well for you I've not heard many people that have used opium tea but I'm sure it's similar to all the other opiates.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:32 pm 

Hey Not again,
While we do get people here who have used poppy tea, it doesn't pop up very often. However if you would go to the Search box at the top of the page, then type in Poppy Tea and Induction, you will find many posts and a few threads of information that may be of help to you, or anyone who would like to know about this .

As always induction is about tolerance. What ive read is some of these people had I high tolerance at induction useing this tea.
Use the COWS scale to guide you.

Best of luck and use the search box...

Razor..

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:20 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I didn't find anything via search. After I posted this I had a panic attack and when I tried to lay down I noticed that the muscle jerks were getting worse so I am going to toss out the seeds ride it out till I can get to my appt. Thursday. I have no doubt I'll be sick enough to have a successful induction.

I don't care that I can't even buy food this month, this poppy tea is bad news. I am told I will be given a strip in the office upon arrival, be given a Rx for just enough days to get my insurance to cover the script.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:13 pm 

Welcome to the forum NA,

Yes, once you're induced you'll feel so much better and probably the most normal you've felt in a very long time. Some get side effects like drowsiness or constipation but that is normal for a partial agonist like Suboxone/Buprenorphine.

Sorry to hear you're suffering. Too bad you can't just go in and get some considering you're already in withdrawal. The wait will be worth it. Stabilize and then work on some kind of recovery program that fits.

Keep us updated on your progress.

rule

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I'm not in full w.d. yet. Last dose was at 4am ( small dose,I have been tapering since I started to get thebaine related side effects ) last night and a small amount of kratom at 1pm . Even though I plan to be an hour early I know I will be sick as Hell by 3 tonight. I just have to squirm for six hours or so and drive 45 min. away to a place I am not familiar with. <---- that shit is stressing me out more than anything.

I'm a long time chronic pain patient, and I don't know where the line blurred between what is what.. I have spondiolys ( back injury ) and was on a huge dose of Ultram for years, until the doc. just up and vanished one day.. I had surgery after that(late '15) Then kratom and finally the tea where I said "enough" I tossed it all out, it's down the toilet.

I have to buy enough doses to get the prio authorization thing done.. I only have 60 extra dollars and have not even bought food this month ( I iam on a low fixed in come )

I'll update ... thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:07 pm 

Just wanted u to know that we're all wishing u well on ur induction!

I know it's stressful as heck during this withdrawal period, but u will get through it and be so very glad u did because it's worth every single min of it. It may not be fun but I promise it is worth it in the long run.

I remember my induction like it was yesterday. I went 32 hrs before I could dose. I showed up to my doctors office at 1 o'clock and wasn't supposed to even be there til around 3 o'clock lol. I was just so sick and stressed out that I was pacing bk and forth and couldn't clear my mind for even 1 second, so I just went early and paced there lol. I was and still am an overly worrying person, so I just couldn't shake the feeling that something would go wrong. Everything turned out fine and I left that afternoon feeling so much better. And to this day, it was a small price to pay considering what a blessing this treatment has brought to me.

I wish u lot's of luck :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:58 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The drive was easy , I was not taking into account how well I knew the area. The tea had me in a horrible zone. In all honestly even though it had been 24+ hours I was not even sneezing, nor did I have goose flesh chills at the point I got to the doctor. The nurse

The doctor is an anesthesiologist that works at Lourdes Hospital in Paducah KY and was very knowledgeable and cordial about this situation.After telling me the Suboxone spiel , he wrote me two 8-2 tablets which were promptly filled next door. The first two were Anmeal , round, orange, same taste. I asked if I could take just 4mg because of the fact that I was not in full w.d. which was fine. I had no problems, slipped the other 4mg on the way home.

I took the script to a regular mom and pop pharmacy where they lied about having it, said they ran it but it came back cash ($360) and just sort of handed the Rx back to me. I was *very* weary of using Walgreen's but they are the only other Pharmacy in my town. I came very close to paying cash for a portion or all of the Rx because of the original pharmacy lying to me but I asked for it to be ran on my insurance to make sure and it went through. I got the Actavis brand which actually comes in a plastic dispenser with blisters , I suppose as a child safety measure.

I am given 8mg twice per day but I really would like to try to level out at half that.