It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:08 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hello all, I need help finding a Doctor in Indiana. I have been on Suboxone for 4-1/2 yrs, and the Doc I have been seeing for over 2 years is retiring. :(

I am at a VERY low dose of Suboxone, and have tried once to jump, however the withdrawal was more than I could handle. I did a ton of research, and soul searching so-to-speak, and decided that I wanted to remain on Suboxone indefinitely. I take less than 1mg. daily, and have NEVER in 4-1/2 yrs, failed a drug screen or had ANY relapse. I never looked back after starting subs. IMO it is just one of two meds I take daily, for a disease. I have no desire to quit, I just want to take my meds and move on with my life. My current Doctor is a very good man but does not exactly share my opinion of indefinite use, so I knew at some point I would have to find another Doc who shared my view. I spoke to Dr. Junig last year thru emails, but he is just too far away. If you have the good fortune of being his patient, thank your lucky stars!! Anyway, I wanted to know if there was anyone who knows of any Docs in NW Indiana? I live very near Ft. Wayne but will travel an hour or maybe a bit more for a good understanding Doc. I also take medication for ADD, I just want treatment for my condition, and Disease. Like I said I have only had two Suboxone Doctors in 4-1/2 yrs, and the first one quit prescribing suboxone, and the recent is retiring. I have my last appt. at the end of November, so I need a new one soon, and would rather not "trial and error" new Doc's. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thank you so, much....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

HI

sorry to hear about your doctor,,,,,
i know you said you do not want to trial and error NEW doctors,,,,, but I wanted to give you a couple links JUST IN CASE
you have to!!!
I take meds for ADHD too, and have a really good relationship with my doctor,,,,,
I can't even imagine how stressed out you are right now!!!!!
it'd be sooooo hard to start over........
anyways,,,
I really do HOPE HOPE HOPE somebody can lead you the right way here, and give you a good doctors name and info.....

but if all else fails,,,,
the first link, is where you put in your zip code and how far your willing to travel.......it gives you a list of names/numbers

http://www.suboxone.com/patients/opioid ... octor.aspx

this next one, you set up a profile, and this may be a BETTER option for YOU ,,,, cuz you can put what
medications your on and why, like your ADD meds,
and the DOCTOR contacts YOU that is willing/would like to treat you.......

http://www.treatmentmatch.org/

GOOD LUCK
and I hope that you get somebody posting here, somewher close to your area,
but just in case, this is a good way to havea back-up plan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's TRUE STRENGTH
http://almostoneyearclean.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Doc in Indpls
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I know of a sub doc in Indy that is very good and he charges $100 a visit considering I pay $165 a visit without the drug test....If interested PM me and I will give you his info. He is located by St. Vincent Hospital on the Northside of Indy......

Jim

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:29 am 
New Poster
New Poster

[quote="amber4.14.11"]HI

sorry to hear about your doctor,,,,,

Thanks so much I will try that, sounds like a good idea, that way the Doc knows whats up before hand It is tough dealing with the "addiction" stigma. Even though I have been sober for nearly 5 yrs!! Any help with this will reduce my anxiety by a ton. Thanks again, Andrea

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:10 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I too am in a situation like Andrea. I have been on a does of Sub, about 8 mg a day for a couple years now. I am comfortable with that dose. I do not want to drop and I too do not see myself coming off of Sub, nor do I want to chance it. I have had back surgery and I also have massive chronic pain in my back so I know for a FACT that if I wasn't on Sub I would use. I have a doctor now that is pushing me to taper, I don't want to and he barely give me enough to last the month now. I am looking for a new doctor. I also have had a doctor retire, one move and this is my 3rd. This DR. charges ridiculous amounts of money too. Exactly like Andrea, I don't want to trial and error Docs til I find the right one. Any help would be great. Thanks so much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:54 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Ashley Peak Owensboro Ky