It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:22 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I see Indiana may be considering legalizing weed or just for medical.I used to smoke years ago. What does everyone think about it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey wade! Good to "see" you again. So they introduced a bill that will put a vote to the people? I fully support medical marijuana. In fact I support legalization of marijuana. I live in Michigan and we approved medical marijuana a year or two ago and are still working out all the bugs. It's actually pretty much a big mess. But hey, it's new and I guess they have to work out the bugs somehow.

What do YOU think of it, Wade?

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

IS EVERY STATE IN THE UNION EXCEPT KENTUCKY GONNA LEGALIZE WEED??? WTF?? COULD I HAVE PICKED A CRAPPIER STATE TO LIVE IN!!?!!??!!!?! ARRRRGH!!! :lol: :lol:

The only problem I have with legalizing weed is that weed can be addictive too, but then again, to an addict, almost any substance.......or behavior for that matter.....can be addictive. Marijuana, THC specifically, is a mind altering substance and it's my opinion that addicts should steer clear of it. I would imagine that there's a certain percentage of addicts who can use weed responsibly, but I believe most of us addicts can't use it responsibly......I know I can't!!! Sure wish I could though!!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:53 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Romeo - Are you saying that marijuana is physically addictive? If so, I must disagree. However, even if it were, what about alcohol? That's addictive, but it's legal. Why the double standard? Besides, in my opinion, marijuana is much safer than alcohol. When's the last time you heard about a father who got stoned and then beat his wife and kids? But they sure as hell do that when they're drunk, not to mention other such destructive behaviors.

I'm just saying that the idea that a substance - or in this case a plant - should be made illegal solely because it's addictive, doesn't hold water in my book. But perhaps I misunderstood what you were trying to say....?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:17 am 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

Reefer compared to pain pills is like pissing in Lake Michigan, Indiana is one of the most conservitive (sp) states, (dumb asses here did give the state to obama though ) I would be impressed... A lot of this pandering shit is going to start getting thrown around as the BIG election nears, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:07 am 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I think you are throwing terms around that don't apply. AFAIK, no state is considering "legalizing" marijuana, which is nowhere close to approving the use of medical marijuana. Right now, the Federal government still refuses to re-schedule the drug, nor to recognize state-approved regulation...so the whole issue is in la-la land!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:38 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey Hat, I was actually aware that marijuana is not physically addicitve, it's my understanding that it is psychologically addictive though.

I was very hesitant to post anything in this thread because I knew sooner or later whatever I said would get picked apart. Legalizing marijuana certainly has its pro's, but it also has its con's too. To have an intelligent discussion, on a forum, about legalizing weed......I couldn't possibly type for that long.....it would take me 18 days to type it all out!! :lol:

I hear ya on the alcohol thing man......because I could never tolerate alcohol well at all, I turned to weed. In my book, weed is MUCH safer than alcohol. I don't know if safer is the right word?? I know I've drank enough alcohol before where I was puking all over myself, my car, my friends, my house, my bed, etc. Alcohol fucks me up ROYALLY. I have NEVER got so stoned on marijuana that I puke all over, I don't lose control of myself when I'm stoned on weed (not like being drunk...know what I mean?). I have tried smoking the hell out of marijuana to see how high I could get, but it seems to plateau at a certain point.....not so with alcohol!!

So, I agree whole heartedly, alcohol trumps weed in a BIG way.

The fact that it's a naturally occuring plant is another issue that I have trouble with, how can you outlaw a plant?? On the surface, it seems ridiculous to me to outlaw a plant or a mushroom or even a poppy plant, but the fact remains that those substances, used improperly, can wreak havoc in an addicts life.

There are no easy answers here and I know this for sure, I am NOWHERE near smart enough to even begin being able to solve or contribute to the solving of this problem, whether to legalize weed or not, that is. I'll leave that shit up to the politicians, that's what I pay them for!! :D

I was just throwing my 2 cents in earlier and I still stand by everything I said earlier (even if I may be wrong.....ahhh, who am I kidding, I'm never wrong!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:36 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I understood you romeo. Everything I ever used to try and I liked I did it to the maximum. Tried weed in highschool never missed a day without having it till I switched to the next thing. It is mentally addictive just as many things are. And to the other no face back there I was repeating what local news put on the air. They are considering legalizing it all together but I believe the medical will obviously come first
They mentioned BOTH. Peace good people :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey wade, yep, that's me too. Once I found a drug I liked, it was on like Donkey Kong. Unfortunately, I kept on getting introduced to harder and harder drugs too.

For me, weed might as well be crack, might as well be OxyContin......I have no control over my usage. Even though I was able to hold down a great job for the duration of my active addiction and maintain my marriage of 16 years and raise an awesome daughter......I was and still am an addict through and through. Addiction doesn't necesarily have to destroy one's life completely. Addiction is more about our behaviors and less about how screwed up our lives have become. These people may be smoking weed everyday thinking everthing's cool because they have a job, have a marriage.....whatever success means to them, but they may be addicted to it and that's not cool in my book. My addiction started with weed and grew exponentially from there. That's another concern of mine with weed, it usually leads to bigger and harder drugs. As far as I'm concerned, that's an excellent reason to legalize weed.....get it out of the drug dealers hands....the drug dealers who are more than willing to sell you cocaine, crack, heroin, OxyContin, methamphetamine, etc.

Legalization of an addictive substance is a wicked hard topic to come up with a clear answer to.

It still makes me nervous to hear people in recovery smoking weed. I'm sure I'm projecting my belief system onto them and I know I shouldn't do that, but I still do it nonetheless.

I wonder if there are any long term studies showing whether or not using marijuana in recovery is helpful, harmful or benign?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:54 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just wanted to add that earlier in the summer Congressman Frank (along with about 11 co-sponsors) introduced House Bill 2306 which would remove marijuana from the schedule 1 index.

Now that said, it's likely not going anywhere, as the chairman of the committee already said he's killing it. Just wanted to update that.