It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:10 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Has anyone on the Roxa brand Subutex experienced a significant increase in price lately for their medication?

I'm a cash patient (it's simply too expensive for our family to purchase coverage through my husbands employer and we don't qualify for Medicade), so every dollar counts.

A couple months ago, my pharmacy tried charging me double the price when I picked up my prescription. It's normally about $100 for 60 8mg tabs.....they charged me over $200. I asked about the difference and then they corrected it (acting like it was a mistake).

Saturday, when I went to pick up my prescription for 55 tabs and the cost was $165. I asked about the increase and the pharmacy staff said that they don't make the prices, that this price is from the manufacturers.

I've been on this version of Subutex for many years and have never seen an increase like this.
Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Is anyone aware of any issues Roxa labs may be having to drive up price?

Finally, is anyone aware of any coupons or health savings cards for this medication?
Any help or feedback is appreciated!

Thanks
Marie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:01 pm 

Hello Marie,good to see you back.
The only discount card that I know of that works well is tbe "GoodX" card. Just google it and
download. Or they can send you a card as well.

Prices?, good question. Everything goes up,never down. And a med that ISNT highly RX ed will cost more. Subutex used to be the "cheap" version of Bupe to get. But ive seen others here locally that have said it has jumped up.
From the manufacturer, to the middleman to the pharmacy there are a few ways the price can go up..sorry, thats my take.

Razor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:55 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Can you use suboxone? They have a coupon for $25 lve been using it for a couple years now since my copay was increased to 50% of the prescription

If you search suboxone coupon it will come up.