It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Today is day 7 for me.

Cont... from Ambr's Intro

Lets just say its been easy and a battle!

Day 2-3 The beginning heavy legs, extreme fatigue and exhaustion. Some chills.

Day 3-5 The usual withdrawal symtoms. RLS, Sweating, Chills, Increased Libido, Slowness, Had my appetite though the whole week. Sneezing. All mild compared to full agonist withdrawal. I thought I was doing well.

Day 6 The worst as of yet. Woke up feeling like a ton of bricks hit me. So I set off to get some natural at home remedies. Melatonin and Valerian Root for relaxation and sleep. Hylands RLS formula. The symptoms above still present. However pounding heart beat has developed not constant more like a anxiety backfire. I have been able to sleep every night except for last. Tossing and Turning all night. Leg kicking. Random thoughts in my head. Not of using but just about everything in general. Real Strange. Mind and Physical battle at this point. Lost my appetite not really feeling hungry.

Day 7 as of 5pm yesterday. Finally fell asleep between 5-6am this morning then dozed off for a few woke up at 10am. Feel like i'm dragging on... On and off normal today. Come on day 8 rounding the corner.

Here I will post my progress. I welcome comments and support. Please no negative feedback. Much appreciated. I will document everything the best I can. Hopefully I can help someone. Give support where needed and share my personal exp.
If anybody has any questions please feel free to ask. I plan on making some vids at some point but I really haven't felt like it.

Last edited by ambr on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:21 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Great job on day 7. As you know that's where I'm at too. I woke up with a lot of energy and got to work but quickly got tired and had some chills, sweats. The usual. I really thought I would feel a whole lot better today but I have to admit I feel about the same as the last few days.

I tried that hylands RLS and it didn't do anything. If you still suffer from it I suggest getting some potassium supplements. They seem to work best for me.

Keep on keeping on! Do your thing! You are getting stronger every minute!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:28 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks RM,

I will keep going. Your right about the hylands RLS not doing much. :(

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:29 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Congrats Ambr and Rock,

I love reading these posts about those who are getting off the subs and doing well. I am going to be coming off at some point too. My doc said he only likes to keep people in treatment for about a year. So, you are encouraging me that this is doable when you post your experiences. I am rooting for you both, hang in there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:04 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

qhorsegal,

Do what is best for you. I hope you eventually get there :) My treatment lasted 11 months (Almost a year). My doc and I both decided it was time. Good Luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:59 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey guys, the first week to 10 days are about the hardest. Symptoms seem to increase during this time, but fear not, they also subside. Keeping your mind busy will help a lot and if you can, keeping your body busy helps too.

Stay strong and keep your eye on the prize!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:34 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 8 was exhausting in the morning. From the irregular sleep schedule. I slept some woke up mid afternoon and was able to clean the house and get things done. So that wasn't bad. Day 9 hit though about 5pm.

Day 9 great day! Progress made I woke up at 7am felt a lil dragging however I pushed myself to get moving busy day. I went to all my appts. Got my car washed. My nails done. Visited friends. My doc said I look happier. I felt like it. Nobody could tell I had any symptoms. I was hiding them well. They were controllable. So I think i'm def getting over the hump. I didn't get back home until midnight!!! Long day. I got a lil tired towards the evening but a full almost normal day oh yeah..... :D

The Setback: One of my appts were to see my physician RE: Some pain I was having prior to stopping sub. Happening last month and on/off throughout the past few months. The diagnosis was most likely my gallbladder and I have been referred to a surgeon :( I am gonna see if they can just remove a stone or two rather than take the whole thing out. There is alot of opinion on this but it's MY choice. If I do have full surgery i'm gonna have to refuse pain meds. So that should be lovely. Not looking forward to that but I will put it in the back of my mind for now until I have my consult.

Today 10!!! Tired from my long exhausting day yesterday. I have to get stuff done for Easter tomorrow. Relaxing... Hoping I can have a repeat of yesterday tomorrow and things will be good.

Symptoms subsiding. I know its still coming out because im on RX allergy med and still sneezy lol... I get skin bumpys still here and there. RLS still a pain not as frequent. Like ill be sitting and my leg starts up I have to control it. Shift my position or get busy. At night it just depends on a bad night or good. Runny nose once a day. That's about it. Looking forward to tomorrow!!! I'm amazed that I feel good mentally it's a start.

If anyone has any ideas or opinions on the gallbladder issue please feel free to let me know. Whether you experienced this.. Maybe a surgery after quitting I don't know something/anything. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:56 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 11 Happy Easter Everyone!!

This morning I woke up in my own sweat this seems to happen off and on. Just have to wash the sheets more haha... Kinda gross. Ok so feel dragging again but got up and moving about to head off to my easter event with family. I woke up this morning with slight chills. I am bringing some imodium and some ibuprofen with me on this trip in case I have any issues. I know that I had one good day! However I just hope I don't start feeling like going down mid afternoon which happens. The feeling tired and everything. Hope everyone enjoys their day. I will check back in some point tomorrow as today I will probably just end up coming home this evening and crashing out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:26 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Gratz on kicking subs and happy long weekend. I am on day 8 and its nice to know other ppl are winning (better word then struggling right) in the fight for addiction! When things got bad i would come here and was in so much pain i could not even read ppl whole post but i would skip to the part describing the pain they were in. Now i read it just to share how i am taking on the battle after the fact.
Feel free to read up on my days ahead and GL to you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:02 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

deadaga1n,

Thanks! They are right about a change at the 12 day mark. Easter was great and it felt good to enjoy it without anything...

I will def check in on your story! 8 days progress made congrats!! :D

Haha winning sounds like something Charlie Sheen would say... heh

I felt like I went through so much but yet it went by so fast. Doesn't really feel like it during but when you make that "break through" point it gets better. Just gotta take my word for it. I know everyone is different and depending from your jump etc etc

My physical symptoms have for the most part faded. Potassium is helping alot! I still get some chills here and there. Slight body temp irregularities. I'm in a tank top and its normal temp in the house. I feel fine. My head is more clear.... I really wanted to make vids during my days of withdrawal. Honestly I did not feel like it at all. My writing is maybe something I could use instead.

I feel almost normal and you know what it feels damn good. Keeping fingers crossed the lows stay mild and manageable. That vid hellmuth posted helped alot it really did. I still watch it. :wink: I don't know it gave me motivation and just kept me going. I kinda felt like I deserved this after everything... I needed to face myself. Everytime I think about drugs yes they felt good but it will never be the same and i'm different now. I have a appreciation for life. I remember how bad things got...... I have hurt people, myself, destroyed different aspects of my life and I don't want to be that person but someone better. Cause we are worth it everyone of us.

and Good Luck to YOU! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey ambr, I'm glad you're feeling so much better so quickly, that's awesome news. I liked that vid hellmuth posted too, I've watched it a few times and it always pumps me up.

You said, "Everytime I think about drugs yes they felt good but it will never be the same and i'm different now." Since getting off of Suboxone, I've slipped a few times and used and you're right, it's not the same. Nothing buggers up a high like being in recovery!!

Keep at it dude, you're doing great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Day 13 to 15

How far is too far...? Well I was feeling so good I decided to push myself physically to the limit. Slept like crap Tues. Woke up Weds real early morning in pain. This went on all day Weds. Legs Hurt, Back Hurt, and my Head. I have taken over the counter pain relief. Nope..... felt more like a placebo. Learning to live with pain. Yesterday it was hard for me to get moving it was more on and off at my own leisure. Today still really sore.

I think I may be experiencing PAWS on top of it and a sort of Dysphoria has set in. Partially from withdrawal and because it's that particular time for me. :/

As of 5pm it is Day 16 for me. Keeping up with a good diet. Supplementing. I will resume more physical activity when I feel more able to handle it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Good for you on pushing yourself and knowing when to take a break. I find half the battle is in the head and i do let myself get lazy for a few days but today is the day i have to force myself :( lol.
Long walk no hard impact just yet.
Have a great weekend!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Curves Ahead...

Day 20 Still Going.

Felt normal around Friday. Had a great weekend. I hiked about 4-5 miles up and down Sat. At the end I started really feeling my physical pain the reality of what I have to live with without sub or pain killers. It sucks but it just might be manageable. I also think I may have gotten sick. Your immune system is lowered when quitting and I have been doing alot. I had a sore throat and aches and pains. On top of everything else. I felt pretty crappy but making it through.

TEMPTATION: My moment came. I was with some friends and I was in pain and they could see. Of course they had some of my lovely old friend. The percs. Offered me some. I was very tempted just thinking in my mind I would give anything for the physical and mental stuff to end. However the strong side of me the logical side who is quitting and plans to remain that way. Yeah I feel like crap but some days I feel pretty damn normal about 80% to 85%... Ill take it knowing this haze i'm in will eventually clear up. I said nope I am good. It was hard I will admit. I am no longer a slave to those and I wanna keep it that way!

Physical symptoms are subsiding I feel just in a fog. Lazy. Then other days I am AWAKE and full of life and energy. Those are the days I live for. It's not easy. I'm getting there one day at a time and having patience with myself. I just hope everyone else has the same patience I do. Constant up and down roller coaster and mood swings yep.....

Still sneezy, My temp and skin bumpys have leveled out. Baths and Showers still feel great.

Leaving with a thought:
No one ever looked back at their life and remembered the nights when they got enough sleep :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:59 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

At about Day 27 sometimes I actually seem to forget how long it's been since stopping sub. I have not gone back or used opiates. It's been good and bad. I am in a mood of sorts to where I am grouchy and don't feel like posting but i'm doing fine. Hanging on to frayed strings... Majority of my symptoms are gone. I get depressed here and there. I was (actually) sick but got better pretty quick. Been trying to enjoy life and keep up with my responsibilities. I thought being on a small dose of sub would have not given me much of a PAWS effect. It has and i'm truly having to power through it. Having patience and realizing to just take it day by day for awhile. I have been experiencing a pain all over body effect and my neck has been swollen. I dont feel sick but I feel crummy. I think i'm past the withdrawal process so what gives this pain is crippling practically... here I am keeping my fingers crossed it will subside and this is all normal if it isn't What the hell?? Life keeps throwing me lemons... I take this very seriously and I feel I am committed however it gets rough. Hanging in there. Not sure if anybody else exp this quitting sub?? It doesn't fall under PAWS so I am hoping I am ok and that the sub and painkillers over the years wasn't masking other hidden probs I don't already know of. I feel guilty for feeling so bad physically I am like ok you have had yours. I will keep holding on...................... :!: