It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:59 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Check out this link if you are interested in what's new in opiate treatment....I live in Rosarito in a 3 bedroom home with my pitbull and have an extra open room. If anyone wants to check it out first hand, consider yourself possibly having a place from which to research the most reputable Ibogaine treatment facility in the world, right here in Rosarito Mexico. Just email me and I will get right back to you. Write something about needing a place to stay for Ibogaine in the subject line so I catch the message.

Link edited out.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:28 pm 

Not meaning to step on your toes, but Ibogaine has been discussed here many times. The drug is a schedule IV narcotic similar to LSD. We, as a recovery forum, cannot advocate the use of an illegal substance in the USA. It is just too dangerous to even consider. You can choose whatever recovery method you like, but you cannot promote it here. Still, a lot of people may want more information about it so I'm posting one of many links describing what it is.

I am removing your link so it doesn't appear that we endorse it here.

rule62

http://www.suboxonetalkzone.com/toward- ... -ibogaine/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:21 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

rule62 wrote:
Not meaning to step on your toes, but Ibogaine has been discussed here many times. The drug is a schedule IV narcotic similar to LSD. We, as a recovery forum, cannot advocate the use of an illegal substance in the USA. It is just too dangerous to even consider. You can choose whatever recovery method you like, but you cannot promote it here. Still, a lot of people may want more information about it so I'm posting one of many links describing what it is.

rule62

Psychedelic drugs frighten me more than any other, even though it said they are pretty much non addictive. I did my fair share of tripping, and they were all quite nice and heavenly until the last one, which is why it was the last one. It was enough to give somebody PTSD, as I thought the trip to 'hell' was real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyaTGHweAo

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:45 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

From most all accounts I've read on Ibogaine, the trip is similar to an LSD experience, but a LOT stronger and much, much more disturbing. But, there are many people who swear by Ibogaine.

Honestly, I wish there were more studies on the root. It does seem to have potential in treating opiate addiction.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:44 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

My sister in law just did ibogaine up north with some people who study Ayurveda. She threw up all night and had a disturbing trip but she already wants to do it again. She swears it's therapeutic and "cleansed" her. (She is not an addict) If something made me throw up and think bad thoughts, I'd want to leave it alone..*SHRUGS*
This stuff is interesting to say the least.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Just like everything else each persons recovery is only their business, people trying to make laws about what one can do with own being is unjust. I have said this before that psychedelics are great for gaining perspective and seeing ways to change for the better. But if you go into an experience like that with no thought of insight, then none will be gained. I wish I had a place that offered Ibogaine when I kicked opiates, because unlike any other psychedelic Ibogaine is the only one that helps alleviate painful withdrawal symptoms. Taking mushrooms and lsd is what gave me motivation to do good with my life and not continue down my road of opiate destruction. This moderator threatening to take down this link is nuts, caffeine is a drug so if we talk about that are we getting censored? Knowledge is power and I thank you for the post, besides its harm reduction in my opinion. Peace and much love!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:04 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

markynfunkybunch wrote:
Just like everything else each persons recovery is only their business, people trying to make laws about what one can do with own being is unjust. I have said this before that psychedelics are great for gaining perspective and seeing ways to change for the better. But if you go into an experience like that with no thought of insight, then none will be gained. I wish I had a place that offered Ibogaine when I kicked opiates, because unlike any other psychedelic Ibogaine is the only one that helps alleviate painful withdrawal symptoms. Taking mushrooms and lsd is what gave me motivation to do good with my life and not continue down my road of opiate destruction. This moderator threatening to take down this link is nuts, caffeine is a drug so if we talk about that are we getting censored? Knowledge is power and I thank you for the post, besides its harm reduction in my opinion. Peace and much love!

I agree with much of what you said, as I have a libertarian streak. More of the left-libertarian variety, but I find I often have more in common with some right-libertarians, than hardcore statists, whether liberal or conservative (see: "How to be a progressive libertarian", http://www-personal.umich.edu/~lormand/poli/econ/, and you'll understand more where I am coming from, with the introduced political aspect)

It might've also been due to the fact he was offering services other than suboxone, perhaps for a fee. Many if not most forums takes issue with that, and often ban such people right on the spot. So try to give Rule some benefit of the doubt, he left the post intact except for a link, and I assume people can still private message mishmac for more info, if interested (although there might be post count restraints to that, that are a forum software setting that applies to everybody).

Edit: Minor elaboration.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I've been around this forum a good while and Rule62, along with all our other current mod's, are fantastic!! Rule62 is doing his job and I think he did it well.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:31 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well I don't need psychedelic drugs to have a good trip anymore. Just a good song with some amplification. I've actually experienced something like "psychedelic recall" at times, when listening to some of the music that I listened to while under the influence of psychedelics. Odd visuals even, like the room becoming a little wavy and translucent. Not really 'flashbacks' in the clinical sense perhaps, as its not something I don't have any control over.

------
We were listening down on the rainbow
As the leaves fell to the ground
Whispering as they tumble
And the wind laughed at the sound

We were spellbound
Ohh spellbound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CVC0PeTxuA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:32 pm 

markynfunkybunch wrote:

I didn't threaten to remove the link, I removed the link. Your opinion of what the moderators do here is not taken lightly. We don't censor unless the information posted could be harmful to any one person. Your post endorsing the use of LSD and mushrooms is not only harmful to a new person looking for recovery but also incorrect for a great number of people. It may have worked for you but that doesn't mean it would help anyone else. From personal experience, a certain dose of LSD that I took many years ago sent me into Grand Mal seizures and caused some minor/temporary brain damage. And that is only me.

If Ibogaine is ever proven to help with opiate addicts withdrawal symptoms and made legal, then it can be endorsed as a tool for recovery. Until then, feel free to discuss it but we won't allow members to post links for illegal activity.

Thanks Romeo for the kind words! As you well know, this volunteer job is not for everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:41 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:51 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I apologize "rule62" for the misinterpretation. I thought you were removing this thread I didn't realize I missed a link that was only posted to bring awareness to people trying to find the best path of recovery. But don't let the moderator pride effect your ego and your professional opinion about Ibo or other psychedelic therapy. As for your experience with seizures you are the minority of that happening like less then 5%. Did you know I had chances of seizures coming off suboxone and Xanax from my Dr? So in my opinion its harm reduction to take Ibo for recovery in opiates. My Therapist told me it was harm reduction to smoke weed instead of taking the medications my recovery place prescribed me for my symptoms such as anxiety, rls, etc. If you have any medical problems you aren't supposed to take psychedelics so that would be your fault for not doing your research before LSD if that's the case including any mental illness. Science IS echoeing the positive therapeutics of psychedelics but because of the unjust scheduling of the drugs they cannot be researched in this country. Shamans in the amazon have been using ayahuasca for thousands of years for and say that is the best medicine for the soul and getting intouch with nature and the circles of life. So much so the breast feeding mothers put small amounts of it on their nipples. Do some research before you try and say that its all bad, or maybe try it yourself before knocking it. Drugs are all over the board that we take each day, but because some are illegal they aren't beneficial? sounds like were back in the 1950's. All I am saying is have an open mind to new methods of medicine and therapy and don't buy into the propaganda that it gives you brain damage. And how do you know it was LSD? did you do your research and buy a test kit to know exactly what it is your taking? I doubt it. Research is harm reduction also just like talking about these subjects and bringing awareness. I thought you were threatening to take that down which I didn't agree with but have since apologized for. Peace and much love

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:55 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Geesh, dude....didn't have to come off so snarky. Lighten up. Not everyone is gonna sing the praises of ibogaine or agree that psychedelics are a better alternative.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WOW, a shaman in the amazon said it's ok to use......I'm convinced. Sign me up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:29 pm 

markynfunkybunch,

I get what you're trying to say. And thanks for re-reading the original post to see why I did what I did. This subject can be discussed all day and night for all I care. My job here is to keep the peace and kick out the spammers, which I do a lot of. The spammers I mean.

When I took the LSD that threw me into seizures there were no computers at that time to research it. Street talk was all we had. It wasn't my first time either. We partied with it many times before. Took it again after that and nothing bad happened, just didn't like it anymore. My neighbor across the street took some and ended up a schizophrenic. (That would have surfaced eventually)

Everyone is different. I don't recommend any drugs that cause psycho effects because one never knows what will happen, research or not.

I'll stay out of this topic unless needed. I feel too strongly against it.

r

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:16 am 
New Poster
New Poster

I kicked suboxone with ibogaine. I mean you can't really kick suboxone with ibogaine, I went to some Florida dude in Costa Rica, made me switch to a short acting opiate for 90 days before I did the ibogaine. I didn't sleep really for a month or so afterwards and the experience was pretty miserable, but it did the job. So i dunno, it seems to work for opiates, yeah. It costs some money and with the subs took some extra time, but Im so glad I'm done with the daily regimen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:32 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

faraway1990 wrote:
I kicked suboxone with ibogaine. I mean you can't really kick suboxone with ibogaine, I went to some Florida dude in Costa Rica, made me switch to a short acting opiate for 90 days before I did the ibogaine. I didn't sleep really for a month or so afterwards and the experience was pretty miserable, but it did the job. So i dunno, it seems to work for opiates, yeah. It costs some money and with the subs took some extra time, but Im so glad I'm done with the daily regimen.

Hmmmm....glad you found something that worked for you, I really am. Just an "observation" though. I also kicked suboxone (just about a week ago, so still "fresh" I'll admit), but I have slept fairly well, and last night even got 7 hours. I didn't pay a dime, just tapered over time. Hey, that kinda has a ring to it, doesnt it? The new "tapering" jingle! "Don't pay a dime! Just taper over time!!" lol :D
Also, the experience has not been "easy" but I would not categorize it as "miserable" either. Just sayin'

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:
rule62 wrote:

rule62

Psychedelic drugs frighten me more than any other, even though it said they are pretty much non addictive. I did my fair share of tripping, and they were all quite nice and heavenly until the last one, which is why it was the last one. It was enough to give somebody PTSD, as I thought the trip to 'hell' was real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyaTGHweAo

I NEVER had any of that heavenly sheet! Ah seen some things man! It was visually...interesting at times, but was at best something to be endured.

It was pure evil, wicked, sneaky wah-wah-wah-wah HELL.

Seven times! Glutton for punishment. I was searching for that "Sixties Hit". I never found it :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:20 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

ButterFLYING! wrote:
faraway1990 wrote:

Hmmmm....glad you found something that worked for you, I really am. Just an "observation" though. I also kicked suboxone (just about a week ago, so still "fresh" I'll admit), but I have slept fairly well, and last night even got 7 hours. I didn't pay a dime, just tapered over time. Hey, that kinda has a ring to it, doesnt it? The new "tapering" jingle! "Don't pay a dime! Just taper over time!!" lol :D
Also, the experience has not been "easy" but I would not categorize it as "miserable" either. Just sayin'

The problem when I tried the taper was the PAWS and depression. So for me this was the main upside of doing the ibogaine, I didn't sleep much after - yeah but I felt happy two days after, like little kid happy. No cravings. How long did you taper?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:44 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

faraway1990 wrote:

The problem when I tried the taper was the PAWS and depression. So for me this was the main upside of doing the ibogaine, I didn't sleep much after - yeah but I felt happy two days after, like little kid happy. No cravings. How long did you taper?

Maybe you tapered too quickly? I am also feeling "happy" to be free, and was very worried about the depression aspect, but (knock wood) I have been able to keep it at bay. This forum has helped me IMMENSELY!! Also, tons of exercise- lots of cardio to get those natural endorphins going. I had an 8 year habit, with no end in sight (I got myself "stuck" in a situation where I could not get any help), anyway figured if I started tapering slowly "someday" I'd be at "zero", so when 'the spirit moved me", I began shaving just a bit off the 12mgs I was taking daily, and stayed there for 3 weeks. I continued this process, and it took about 6 months to get where I am today- FREE!! Happy you are too!
BF

Mahatma Gandhi