It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:11 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kanzeon wrote:
no_boop_shoo_be_doop wrote:

Psychedelic drugs frighten me more than any other, even though it said they are pretty much non addictive. I did my fair share of tripping, and they were all quite nice and heavenly until the last one, which is why it was the last one. It was enough to give somebody PTSD, as I thought the trip to 'hell' was real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoyaTGHweAo

I NEVER had any of that heavenly sheet! Ah seen some things man! It was visually...interesting at times, but was at best something to be endured.

It was pure evil, wicked, sneaky wah-wah-wah-wah HELL.

Seven times! Glutton for punishment. I was searching for that "Sixties Hit". I never found it :lol:

lol, that's hardcore, 7 bad trips! You must be put together well in the head to 'come back' and survive that series of self inflicted punishment. It can literally shatter ego and even have PTSD-like after effects when one descends to Hades for a visit. Its on the rare side, but some people never regroup and return to their old self after an ego shattering bad trip, because internally, it can be experienced as 'reality', subjectively-speaking. I was getting stuff that was clean too (no traces of strychnine or other nasty adulterants that were rumored to be added to some of the bullshit passed off as pure LSD-25 by people 'mixing it up' in the proverbial kitchen sink). It was coming from an older brother of a friend of mine, who was a university chemistry student, and was partially subsiding his tuition by making it.

I think I got lucky too (until last experience). A combination of a healthy dose of youthful innocence remaining with me (even after some bad life experiences, I still was mostly a trusting sort by nature at the time, and never paid much attention to the news either until a later political awakening, I just read the comic strips, heh), regarding the all too often wicked ways of the world, and using in good settings, mostly out in nature, away from the rat race.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:32 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PS, I listened to good vibe music too while tripping. Horrid gangster rap and death metal hadn't been 'invented yet'., and I was listening to Metallica (even though I do like some of their early stuff, like "Justice For All", which really says it like it is from a political angle) I liked the stuff from 60s and early 70s mostly, probably due to my hippy uncle's influence, who often babysat me.

I don't even want to go into what triggered the bad trip, but suffice it to say I didn't want to risk it again. I think it broke a metaphorical, psycho-psychedelic cherry (in a bad way).

Here's a good trip (LSD optional): A very cool slide show to go along with the Moody Blue's tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldSFuEOA9wc

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:08 am 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I thought that was what it was SUPPOSED to be like lol

Well...I was 17 at the time, I became so depressed and withdrawn as I was tormented by flashbacks that seemed to last for hours. I didn't understand what was going on at the time. I ended up spending a few months and in Fraggle Rock, getting slowly worse.

When they had exhausted all the meds they had to try they offered the last straw - ECT. I was that bad I would have tried ANYTHING.

I Agreed to six procedures. After the second one I was well enough to be discharged and had the other four as an out patient.

Bloody barbaric but miraculous!!

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:02 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

ButterFLYING! wrote:
faraway1990 wrote:

The problem when I tried the taper was the PAWS and depression. So for me this was the main upside of doing the ibogaine, I didn't sleep much after - yeah but I felt happy two days after, like little kid happy. No cravings. How long did you taper?

Maybe you tapered too quickly? I am also feeling "happy" to be free, and was very worried about the depression aspect, but (knock wood) I have been able to keep it at bay. This forum has helped me IMMENSELY!! Also, tons of exercise- lots of cardio to get those natural endorphins going. I had an 8 year habit, with no end in sight (I got myself "stuck" in a situation where I could not get any help), anyway figured if I started tapering slowly "someday" I'd be at "zero", so when 'the spirit moved me", I began shaving just a bit off the 12mgs I was taking daily, and stayed there for 3 weeks. I continued this process, and it took about 6 months to get where I am today- FREE!! Happy you are too!
BF

Im sorry but 7 days and some change off subs is unpredictable, but I am glad you are doing good with sleep. I am past 6 months off and I remember the first 2 weeks were hit and miss with sleep. sometimes Id get it and other nights it would make me feel like a bipolar meth head. I feel like the reserves of subs were leeching out of my body and different rates which would allow me to get some sleep and then none. But taper or no taper if you have been on it for months at 8mg or higher a day its gonna be like kicking heroin but with a parachute, you glide and hit the rocks instead of plummeting into them. everybody is different but I know that ibogaine would of helped me. Rehab for somebody who doesn't want to get clean wont work, somebody who wants to get clean doesn't need rehab, therefore its a cult business in my eyes but I had to enter into it to get on subs to get my life steady before jumping off them. For people like me it may be the last resort for real help, helps you enter into more critical thinking and removes ego so you get a good look at yourself and how to change for the better. It does change your brain but not in the way people think, it leaves you with a change in perspective and ways to live a better life if you want it, but its just a tool not a cure all. Peace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

markynfunkybunch wrote:
It does change your brain but not in the way people think, it leaves you with a change in perspective and ways to live a better life if you want it, but its just a tool not a cure all. Peace

Hey, Marky, I really liked that! ^^^^^ I was worried I had "damaged" my brain permanently but I believe? this is a myth? I totally agree, one can choose to "learn" from every experience and gain new perspective, empathy, wisdom, even an experience as disheartening as being dependent for 8 years like I was.
Doing great at 2 weeks today btw! Hope you are also! :D BF

Mahatma Gandhi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:07 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Here's a good trip (LSD optional): A very cool slide show to go along with the Moody Blue's tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldSFuEOA9wc

Quote:
Leary coined the phrase "turn on, tune in, drop out" in the '60s, urging people to explore consciousness and embrace individual freedom with or without the aid of psychedelic drugs. At the dawn of the Internet age, he amended that slogan to: "turn on, boot up, jack in."

"Psychedelics open the brain to more input and 'cyberspace' was doing the same thing, plus we were supplying the input for each other, so it would have a kind of human intimacy," said Ken Goffman, aka R.U. Sirius, a long-time associate and author of a biography about Leary.

http://www.wired.com/2013/10/timothy-leary-video-games/

And, (what is) real, life-like games?
Multi-interfaced and wide open, information-overload not an option:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvQRRuckqM8

(A little more hardcore than Moody Blues^). I'm off to the races, catch y'all on the trippy rebound.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

And, (what is) real, life-like games?
Multi-interfaced and wide open, information-overload not an option:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvQRRuckqM8

(A little more hardcore than Moody Blues^). I'm off to the races, catch y'all on the trippy rebound.

-------------

http://www.suboxforum.com/suboxone-had-discharge-because-have-medicare-t10490.html#p86177

~

Having scored a trillion dollars, made a run back home
Found him slumped across the table. A gun and me alone
I ran to the window. Looked for a plane or two
Panic in Detroit. He'd left me an autograph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPI0PF8VWAM