It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:58 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi people. Am one of the people who tried Ibogaine recently and just want to tell you guys how it went for me. I got this link from youtube. Coincidently was reading about suboxone and somebody mentioned how they are willing to try Ibogaine so that lead to me coming here and giving my own personal experience.

Let me tell my brief history. Started abusing mscontin and smack for 12 years on. Got on suboxone maintenance programme. I was on this programme for 2 years and 7 months. Tapered my dosage down to 1mg, did not taper down any further as I ran out of the subs and had some issues with my insurance. I could dealt with insurance or paid my way for Ibogaine so it was to be the latter. Ok so stopped at 1mg and went on mscontin again, was taking that daily for 1 month, then my time comes for Ibogaine. Now everything was going well up until I got voilently sick, but the there was enough Ibogaine in my system to continue the treatment. I did not enjoy the visions I was having, it looked as though I saw a weird creature and then saw an Aftrican guy like a guidance to me, it was weird, but I was also scared, it's not something I ever want to go through again, not in the condition am in. I stayed at the centre for 1 full week. I also was given a sleep aid. Ok during that week I also felt a new lease of life apart from one thing which was sleep, but I did not care about that as long as I was feeling good during the day which I was. Fast forward a fortnight later am back to where it started. Am thinking hang on a minute where are those feelings of happiness? where are those feelings of being chirpy?. Now my sleep was gone for good, tried ambien but did not work, I felt as though I was dreaming because it seemed like somebody put withdrawals in my brain. Ok so I held out for 1 more week but the depression got unbearable. I went straight to another doc, got some money from my folks to cover for my insurance, now am back on the suboxone again, this time 2mg. I don't know what happened but it felt though as if I jumped into another world, the world where I was taking suboxone, the world where I was when in withdrawal from suboxone.

Am sorry if this discourages people but I have to tell the truth, it did not do the trick on me. It's most definentely something I would never do again. It only shielded me for a week or so and then back to where I started. This was only a month ago. Am still daized and confused, sometimes I even forget I took Ibogaine, I evern forget I ever felt decent after it. People I beg you to do your research before tryng this. I made a quick decision and I stand by it. Am not going through that again. At one point I did not know if I was ever going to wake up when I was voilently sick, the treatment as a whole went ok but few weeks later it felt as though my brain opened up and accepted those feelings I had when I was on suboxone and off it.

What I will do now is to stay at 2mg of sub and taper down further during christmas time and go down low as possible. But am not going to do this again. The negative part was it did not last for me. Other then puking up the treatment wasn's so bad but I feel it only gave me few days to a week of windows of respite and I was back to my orginal state. If your on suboxone then I would say don't do this, it's not worth it at all, plain and simple as that. Am not sure if my usage of suboxone and the duration had anything to do with my negative Ibogaine experience but I would not take it what other people say about it. I did not read carefully, I just read about somebodys experience coming off heroin so I thought what the hell why not? seems it was a bad decision.

Am glad I found this site though. I didn't have access to the internet while I was looking for experiences so whenever I could I had to make the most of it. I will pop in from time to time so you guys can give me a decent taper schedule. I also thank that person who sent me to this site from youtube, you know who you are. Jesus I did not know suboxone forums such this exist's, mind you am not a computer whizz kidd either. I hope people can learn from my experience and really do some soul searching and ask themselves is the way to go, it doesn't quite cut it for suboxone users in my experience. Stay away unless you have bucks to burn and want to experiment. For those who want a way out then maybe try kratom or simply taper down if you got the time. Bye for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's an interesting story and I hope things work out for you with tapering off the suboxone. Also, welcome to the forum. You'll find many taper threads here that might be able to help you during your taper. Good luck and keep us posted.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:37 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey welcome and thank you so much for sharing your story. I’m sorry to hear it did not work out for you but glad to see you are back on SUBOXONE and have things under control. I think a tapper would be your best bet and you will find many people having success with tapering off sub. I wish you the best of luck and please keep us updated.