It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:03 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just finished reading this 2-part article on Ibogaine. It was pretty interesting so I thought I'd link it here.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/146046/why

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Interesting article. I would like to see research results. This didn't really give me anything to hang my hat on if you know what I mean. I would love to see the 2nd half of the article. If it was there then I missed it. Just said to be continued Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The second half of the article is here:

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/146106/my ... addictions

-Jack Kornfield

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Well that was definitely interesting. I am not so sure I believe in it or don't believe in it one way or the other. Still not enough information. I tend to like statistics :-)

Post subject: ibogaine.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:04 pm 
I just wanted to share that I am one that did use Ibogaine to interupt my active addiction. It was a total shock to me how well it did work. I walk away from the experience without any craving for dope and I did have a nasty habit. I have been clean now for over two yrs. With iboga... it was the first time in my life that I even consider I had a chance to live opiate free.

I also got this feeling from suboxone I must admit. When I was taken my sub I didnt crave for my dope at all. IF it wasnt that I lost my ins. I probabbly would still be on it. I did have the most difficult time weaning off.. in fact after 4 yrs of sub treatment and working my program (12 step ) I did fail... I began using perc in the beginning then switch to pod due to the cost of street percs. Then of course I graduated back to herion and oxy's. I just could not stand up to the months of lack of sleep and feeling like I was in constant wd. Well, that is not true. I felt the wd symtoms come and go ... but for many months before I caved. I was actually thinking after 4 yrs on sub that the "healing" would have happened. For me it didnt. After about 4 mos of being off sub.. I just couldnt take it anymore. I figure I was going to fall into the group of folks that needed BMT or MMT. I told my family and they decided to give ibogaine a try and helped me find a undergroud provider in the usa.. (it ilegal in the states). We could not afford the 6,500 or so that the clinics ask for and decided to try and find a underground provider. It was really wierd how easy it was to find one. She is a nurse on the east coast and I would suggest her to anyone. I felt safe and well taken care of. I have to admit it was strange to have her help me to the bathroom for the first day and 1/2 but she remain very clinical during those type of moments.. then became a regular person for talking and sharing. She is also a recovering addict and shared all she did to try and stop before she did her ibogaine trip. She was persistant in me remaining in 12 step program or whatever support type program I choose.. I am now practiving CRT and it does make more sense to me. I still go to my favorite 12 step meetings and I called my sponsor back for support. Where I live dope is the norm. Na meetings are a place to cop bupe or other forms of dope. I had to walk away from those meetings and I go only to closed meetings. I feel safer at AA meetings and only closed one there too.

well this turned out to be a long post and was only meant to share how Iboagiane helped me and that it is avail for everyone if you seek it out... when its time i do beleive ibogain will seek you out.

Any questions I am more then willing to share. I also hope I learn what I did wrong with my suboxone tx that It didnt heal my brain. Maybe it just because I use dope for too long to expect it to balance my seratonin/dopamine and began to produce endorphines again on my own.

Just to share there is no cure for our addictions but there sure is help in breaking the habits without mt. If it wasnt that ibogaine gave me the help it did ... I am all for sub rather then street dope.. nothing good happens when shooting dope every three hours. It is nice not to have to put that stuff under my tougne or spend the monies for the sub doc appointment that last 5 mim. I also like the fact that I have normal BM's, no pin point eyes and have to depend on a drug to remain off dope. Well sub is dope too but at least it is legal and you can pass a urine at work while on it.

I am now working full time... I am subject to urines due to type of work I do. Its a great feeling to go for the spot check and know I am clean.

GODSPEED to all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I just read part 1 and part 2 of the article and I wish there was more 'scientific' research into this drug. It surely seems to have potential to help addicts with their addictions, but until it is much better understood even I would be hesitant to use it. I say even I would be hesitant because I have rarely met a drug I didn't like or wasn't willing try, but Ibogaine has a certain scare factor...be it the lack of consistency between the way the 'lay people' administer it to the 'visions' to its extreme potency. I have done many forms of acid and never had 'spirits' or 'faces that hold a detailed conversation with me'. Honestly, I'm a little freaked out...spooky, man.

I guess the article says it all when it talks about 'Ibogaine will call you when it thinks you're ready' (paraphrased).

I'm not saying that it is useless, not by a long shot, but if your going to do it you better make sure you heard the plants calling you first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:58 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Capt said, "Well sub is dope too...". Yes, suboxone is an opiate, albeit a partial agonist. BUT I do not equate it equally to "dope". And I think stating it in that way is disingenuous. First and most simplest is because it doesn't get me high. A newcomer/lurker could read that and decide not to go on sub because some guy says it's also "dope". Please just take care with the way you word things and keep it to your opinions instead of presenting them as fact. I could go on, but I'll leave it at that.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:43 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

WARNING, extremely boring and dense writing follows. I really did it mostly for me and to help get my thoughts out.

I mean it, it's mind numbing.

OK, so I have been reading about this ibogaine all day and it really has captivated me. The complete and utter magnitude of the warping of the mind that happens all while being conscious to be able to 'process' these sureal, fantastic, bizzare dreamscapes and visions is frightening, but at the same time it begs a certain curiosity.

So, all this got me to thinking about something I learned in health class in high school (yeah, the gym teacher teaching this stuff...remember those days). I could barely recall the terms, they were the id, the ego and the super ego. All I remembered was that the three are all intertwined and together they make up our consciousness...our mind.

Had to look up the entire next section on wikipedia...y'all are only getting the Cliff Notes though.

The id is responsible for the most basic and craziest part of the mind...not the brain so to speak, the mind and its consciousness. The id is unconscious. The id is where the basic drives live and it behaves according to the pleasure principle. It relies on raw instinct as well. In the id, contrary impulses exist side by side, without cancelling each other out. Apparently, the id has no concept of time either. Finally, it knows no judgements of value: no good and evil, no morality.

The ego is the next step up the ladder, it's partially conscious and partially unconscious. Its job is to take the impulses from the id and evaluate which ones to act on. Additional functions are judgment, tolerance, reality-testing, control, planning, defense, synthesis of information, intellectual functioning, and memory. BUT, the ego also serves the super ego. So the ego is driven by the id, but confined by the super-ego.

The super ego aims for perfection, it is responsible for spiritual goals, conscience and prohibits your drives and fantasies. The super-ego also takes on the influence of those who have stepped into the place of parents - educators, teachers, people chosen as ideal models.

Now, imagine the delicate balance that exists between these three aspects of our mind. They have learned to strike a balance and live life on a daily basis in relative harmony...as far as we are aware.

Now throw a wickedly powerful Psychedelic drug like ibogaine into the brain, which obviously controls our mind and watch the fireworks begin. I believe it completely upsets the balance between the id, ego and super ego. After reading many ibogaine 'trips' as their called, many, many mainstays of the id, ego and super ego are represented in the 'trip' but their individual dominances are all out of whack.

Many, if not all say they have a vision of a 'teacher' who instructs or teaches them (from the super ego I believe) regarding their reasons for drug use, they see visions of their using and what the bad results were, etc. This alone seems to play a huge role in changing the behavior of the addict, some say curing the addict. It does not possess the sole responsibilty for curing the addict, but like I said plays a big role.

After reading so many of the stories I was starting to get convinced that these people were seeing 'spirits' and the like and it FREAKED ME OUT. After remembering the id, ego, supe ego...I am now convinced that all it was was an upheaval of the three parts of the mind that we never experience and so it has a profound effect on us. Akin to the first time you fall in love, previously you had never felt that emotion, but once you felt it for the first time you remember how powerful and profound it was. It changes you forever.

So, now that I know there are no Spirits flying around me constantly, while whipping in and out of reality, travelling interdimensionally, I can go to bed. :wink:

I told you it was dense and mind numbing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:14 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Wow...I can see the positives in this, but the possible negatives are what worry me. What if someone goes into a 'bad trip'? It seems that this plant just releases feelings we have been keeping suppressed, there can be good thoughts, but the bad thoughts can become damaging. I think it would be good to examine the benifits of going deep into our brains & digging out the person we are expected & want to be. What if a person who hasn't shown the signs yet of being schizophrenic uses this? From what I have found with a friend of my family being diagnosed as a schizophrenic, is that it can come on in a persons 20's, which is exactly what happened to our friend. I shutter to think what could possibly happen if he took this. Like I said, I can see the possible benifits, but the risk level seems to dangerous to mess with. It is difficult to un-see or un-hear things that are brain 'thinks' is real. The mind is powerful, it is too difficult to accurately manipulate. If it were that easy every person should take this plant to be more enlightened, but unfortunately I just don't think it is safe. We aren't all wired the same & taking this 'underground' scares me. It could be what some people need, but I don't think it is going to ever make it mainstream, the risk seems to high. Just my thoughts on it as a 'cure' for addiction. If we just look deep into ourselves without drugs, we may 'hear' or 'see' the same things, just without having an altered state of mind. That's all it seems to be, another 'altered' way of thinking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:32 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

:shock: i think they drank some of this stuff with shavez (pardon the spelling)in t :D he movie young guns. REGULATORS!! Oh ya these freaking little emotion faces crack me up when used right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:46 am 
New Poster
New Poster

It did not work for me. The experience was a little intense and little frigtening but the puking bit was the most difficult. I can understand why they say it's a cure, it only takes away the initial withdrawals but there're many things you can do to go through that then spending lord knows how much bucks...I inititially believed ibogaine would sort my long term lethardy and post acute withdrawals but it really did not, all the feelings came back once the ibogaine wore off. You have to remember too is that suboxone is a long acting drug so thats why the long term effects hit me few weeks after ibogaine. I really dont think people need to be paying money as I did to ger over initial withdrawals, money does not buy freedom. I had big dreams after Ibogaine but sadly the suboxone effects caught up with me. Even for something like mscontin and heroin its not a long term solution, the initial stages are actually easy to deal with as compared to what comes later, and thats the crucial stage of recovering as addicts. My experience was not what I hoped it to be and yeah I agree the negatives are far too risky and high chance of dying is a reality. I shall say from my opinion and experience Ibogaine is not worth paying bucks to get your life back. This is only my experience and I was aiming to be fine for paws but it wasnt how I expected and its not something I wish to go through again. My sympathies to the families of victims who passed away from this, I did not personally take the time to consider my life when I went over to do this Ibogaine, I was too caught up thinking it will solve my post acute syndrome issues, but thank god I made it through. Its just suboxone and me now and I know I have to do this myself, with the help from you good guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

So are you saying that it didnt take away your wd? It didnt help you with paws? and your back on sub again?

Post subject: Re: ibogaine.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:01 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

capt wrote:
I just wanted to share that I am one that did use Ibogaine to interupt my active addiction. It was a total shock to me how well it did work. I walk away from the experience without any craving for dope and I did have a nasty habit. I have been clean now for over two yrs. With iboga... it was the first time in my life that I even consider I had a chance to live opiate free.

I also got this feeling from suboxone I must admit. When I was taken my sub I didnt crave for my dope at all. IF it wasnt that I lost my ins. I probabbly would still be on it. I did have the most difficult time weaning off.. in fact after 4 yrs of sub treatment and working my program (12 step ) I did fail... I began using perc in the beginning then switch to pod due to the cost of street percs. Then of course I graduated back to herion and oxy's. I just could not stand up to the months of lack of sleep and feeling like I was in constant wd. Well, that is not true. I felt the wd symtoms come and go ... but for many months before I caved. I was actually thinking after 4 yrs on sub that the "healing" would have happened. For me it didnt. After about 4 mos of being off sub.. I just couldnt take it anymore. I figure I was going to fall into the group of folks that needed BMT or MMT. I told my family and they decided to give ibogaine a try and helped me find a undergroud provider in the usa.. (it ilegal in the states). We could not afford the 6,500 or so that the clinics ask for and decided to try and find a underground provider. It was really wierd how easy it was to find one. She is a nurse on the east coast and I would suggest her to anyone. I felt safe and well taken care of. I have to admit it was strange to have her help me to the bathroom for the first day and 1/2 but she remain very clinical during those type of moments.. then became a regular person for talking and sharing. She is also a recovering addict and shared all she did to try and stop before she did her ibogaine trip. She was persistant in me remaining in 12 step program or whatever support type program I choose.. I am now practiving CRT and it does make more sense to me. I still go to my favorite 12 step meetings and I called my sponsor back for support. Where I live dope is the norm. Na meetings are a place to cop bupe or other forms of dope. I had to walk away from those meetings and I go only to closed meetings. I feel safer at AA meetings and only closed one there too.

well this turned out to be a long post and was only meant to share how Iboagiane helped me and that it is avail for everyone if you seek it out... when its time i do beleive ibogain will seek you out.

Any questions I am more then willing to share. I also hope I learn what I did wrong with my suboxone tx that It didnt heal my brain. Maybe it just because I use dope for too long to expect it to balance my seratonin/dopamine and began to produce endorphines again on my own.

Just to share there is no cure for our addictions but there sure is help in breaking the habits without mt. If it wasnt that ibogaine gave me the help it did ... I am all for sub rather then street dope.. nothing good happens when shooting dope every three hours. It is nice not to have to put that stuff under my tougne or spend the monies for the sub doc appointment that last 5 mim. I also like the fact that I have normal BM's, no pin point eyes and have to depend on a drug to remain off dope. Well sub is dope too but at least it is legal and you can pass a urine at work while on it.

I am now working full time... I am subject to urines due to type of work I do. Its a great feeling to go for the spot check and know I am clean.

GODSPEED to all.

I happen to meet this guy at a meeting... was outside smoking and telling him the troubles I've had and he told me about ibogaine. He told me his neice also did the treatment and is still clean today. I think it been a few months at least. I am a chronic relapser. I figure since I can afford it I will try this along with meetings for support. He did tell me his neice had a easier time of it then he did. His neice was never on Methadone and I think only on sub for a few days. She is also in the program. I plan on meeting with her the end of the week for her take on this treatment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:12 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I just talked to a place where they said i need to be on a short acting opiate for 21 days before ibogaine treatment. I'm seriously looking into this now because i gotta tell you. If i get through the first month of withdrawals the rest is a cakewalk. I've come off heroin ct several times and.... one time i got to day 5 of hell (try doing it while in the military and having to work) i finally slept and then the next day i rode a bicycle 10 miles and ate a lobster crab dinner at some fancy restaurant for $70. Best meal ever.

but i digress this seems like a good option for me. once the initial withdrawals are gone i'm ok. Most of my relapses other than 2 i think were within a month. Just don't get me wrong.. this(ibogaine) is something i may do in the future, though i could afford a legal tx center. Right now i plan on staying on Suboxone for a long time.

By the way how does one even go about looking for a "underground tx center". I mean where do you even start. "yo you got some ibogaine?" "No but i got crack rocks".........don't answer that. I was being funny. not trying to be rude either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:29 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

And all credibility is lost about....

HERE

Quote:
For the more benign cases, marijuana is provided for anyone who wants it, to combat anxiety, nausea, and depression. It’s also available because it’s considered medicine, and it's not illegal. This small detail alone would be considered radical, and most likely dangerous, across the border, where just up the road in San Diego legal medical marijuana clinics are raided on a weekly basis. To be honest, the weed makes for a nice vibe, and in a place like this -- a trip factory, a healing center -- vibe is everything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:49 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

:D awesome post back there romeo. Spooky indeed :shock: