It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:13 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

I'm working on quitting subs still and when I quit the first symptom is always leg cramps. They are so bad I can't sleep. So, when I got them a few days ago, I took 2 Hylands Leg Cramps pills and in an hour the pain was 100% gone. The hot shower and an hour of a heating pad couldn't even do it! But the Hylands did. But, I read on the internet that Quinine is dangerous because it has serious side effects including death and heart issues. Quinine is in Hylands Leg Cramps. Does anyone know if this is a big deal? Should Hylands Leg Cramps be avoided?

Here is a webpage that says what medications shouldn't be taken with quinine, if anyone is interested (it includes Paxil and Prozac): http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/drug ... 82322.html

But once again, it could be such a low dose it may not be a big deal. I was hoping someone here would be familiar with Hylands Leg Cramps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:09 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I guess, that quinine can open your blood brain barrier to certain things. Something about its a P glycol protien inhibitor. P glycol protien is a "pump" that keeps certain things from making it to your brain.

Idk if thats what your talking about, or if thats even why its said to be dangerous. I was just thinking that maybe thats why you shouldnt take quinine with certain things?