It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I do know how important this is. Its my son & I want off of this before i have him to keep him from going through any withdrawals. i have stressed my entire pregnancy when i should be enjoying it but i cant because i am constantly worrying. I do not have the money to go to a suboxone doctor its like 400 the first visit and 200 every visit after that not including the suboxone. There is no way in hell i can afford that i am going to be a single mother and i am not working thankfully i do have parents that are going to help me get what i need for the baby. but going to the doc to get suboxone is not an option. i have been told by suboxdoc himself that i am at such a low dose i can taper off of the suboxone and any withdrawals i may have will noit affect my son ( most of the withdrawal u experience at such a low dose are more mental than physical) so i know i can do it. but i do not want to be judged this is not why i came on this site. i know what i have risked being on suboxone while preg and even gettting on sub while pregnant but like i said i didnt know i was going to get pregnant. i havent gotten off of it yet bc of the fear of it hurting my son and there was never a question in my mind about keeping him, i love this baby boy more than anything in this world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:52 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I was doing some searching and both bup and naloxone are category c, meaning they do not know if either can cause an unborn baby problems. I found the main reason they switch to Subutex is just to avoid another med getting to your baby. I did find a couple articles that said naloxone showed no adverse effects on fetuses in mice and rats at high human doses. I can not paste the links cause I am on my phone and can't figure out how to do so but I just did a Google search for naloxone during pregnancy. Naloxone is mostly eliminated in first pass metabolism when ingested and these articles were talking about high intra-muscular or IV doses which is how naloxone is most effective. That combined with the fact that you are on 1mg of sub so the amount of naloxone getting to your fetus must be almost non-existant, I would think you would be fine to complete your taper using suboxone. Also as you mentioned above Dr. J emailed you and told you that it would be fine for you and the baby to continue to taper on suboxone and jump so that puts my mind at ease too. I know this isn't an easy situation but just keep it up and you'll be done in no time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:11 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

okayy awesome thank you for the info!! that also makes me feel better about the amount of it going to the baby is almost non existant! i have been doing pretty good with my taper althoguh i am going very slowly. i will be 26 weeks friday & instead of taking the 1 mg for the past 2 days i have only been taking half of the 1 mg. feel ok so far just fatigued but idk if its the taper or just me being pregnant! i have been doign things to help me stay occupied so i dont think about it because thats really whats bothering me the most thinking i need to take that other half.. but thank u soo much for everything you have been there since i first posted on this site!!

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

DBCass-
Just wanted to wish you the best, I hope all works out well for you and your child.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:04 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey him, you are very welcome. My heart really goes out to the women that are pregnant while on sub. I also am really impressed by all of you sub mommies. I am also very impressed with the strength you all show. I am glad you are doing well with your taper, how long have you been at .5? Your almost there, keep kicking ass and soon you will be off the sub. You can stop worrying and enjoy your pregnancy!

Post subject: Stay strong
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:56 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I just wanted to reassure you that you are not alone. I am currently 13 days off suboxone and am 22 weeks pregnant. I am past the acute withdrawals, but am having the worst depression/anxiety and low energy ever. Like you, I made the best decision I could at the time, and did not tell my obgyn. Although, I did have a legal script for suboxone,I am a labor and delivery nurse in a doctoral program and could not deal with the stigma involved with my colleagues, the risks of CPS being involved or the risk of losing my nursing license, as I also have another son. Additionally, I ran into a dead end looking for help and became hopeless. Just recently, I reached out for help to a treatment center to seek help with the withdrawals. The first thing they did was scare the hell out of me and I almost grabbed the clipboard out of the ladies hand and ran out of the building. She informed me that she "did not know if she would have to call the board of nursing and report me." After I broke out in hives and cried hysterically, she informed that she would not call. Furthermore, she advised me to turn myself in. Which I do not understand why because I had done nothing wrong except seek help to detox off a legal prescription of suboxone. If you dont know how the board of nursing works they would suspend my license, mandate years of treatment and I would not be able to touch a narcotic for years as my colleagues would have to hand out all narcotics. Furthemore, after deciding that she wouldnt report me , she came back and informed me that no treatment centers would take me and that my only option was to make an emergency appt with my obgyn(and as I told you earlier, I kind of work for him and had not told him). With the help of my mom, I came to the decision not to tell anyone. It may be right or wrong or even terribly selfish of me, but I have made the best decision I know how. I have seen a high risk ob to make sure the baby looks great and he does. I have reported my extreme depression and anxiety to my ob without divulging the fact that I am suffering withdrawals and he is helping me with that. I firmly believe that mothers always know the best decision to make for their children, call me naive but I hold a masters in nursing and still believe that medicine is not black and white. So dig deep in your heart and without fear, make a decision. You will feel better when you do. Also, I have gallstones and they have give me a precription for hydro 5/500. I have taken no more than 10 mgs a day (not everyday) to help ease the pain of withdrawal. It has helped, but I wouldnt recommend you do it without a precription. Also, do not take more than a small small small amount if you have to(although I would encourage none at all, I just want to be honest about my own story). I have not taken any the past 2 days, its been hard but the physical withdrawels are starting to ease( the no energy combined with being pregnant is the worst). One more thing, at my hospital, we do not do random drug screens on anyone, unless abuse is suspected. Keep your head up and be proud of any decision you make. Write me anytime, as I am right behind you in my pregnancy.