It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I'm on other parts of this forum...sucessfully coming off of suboxone recently!! :D Yay...there is hope! and no w/ds!!

But now I have a new question in my mind. One of which I know nothing about.....
A friend recently informed me that he has been taking Loratabs...7.5/650
It's only been short lived for pain issues...but he's terrified of becoming addicted. It's been like 30 hours since he last dosed...and I would assume if he would experience w/d's they would have already set in. And none so far.
Any help would be useful...as I know nothing of this drug or it's w/d time frame.
Thanks so much......
Amber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:29 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

What is short lived? Days, weeks months? And how many 7.5s does he take in a 24-hour period? These things are both somewhat key to being able to venture a guess - and that's all it will be is a guess - as to his chance at DEPENDANCE. If he is worried about this and does not have a mental craving to take them, he is likely not ADDICTED to opiates. DEPENDANCE, however, is a whole other matter, and that certainly can set-in within as little as a couple of weeks. However, most people WITHOUT ADDICTION ISSUES are able to take a moderate amount of hydrocodone for a couple of months without too much trouble. Remember, they say that about 90% of people will not ever develop addiction issues from pain medication. The rest of that 10% are the fine folks that you'll find here on this forum.

If he has already gotten to the 30-hour mark without any signs or symptoms, he is likely not going to have dependence problems at this point. Once he hits the 48-hour mark, he is likely in the all clear – 72-hours for sure. The question then will be, does he mentally crave the drug? If so, that COULD point to addiction issues. Otherwise, at this point, he should be fine.

I know that is not very specific but without more information that is about the best that I can offer. I hope it helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:36 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

No..it was very helpful! I just had to check with him first. He has been prescribed 2 in a 24 hour period or as needed for pain. Three weeks...is how long he's been taking them, and he says physically he feels fine. Mentally, no cravings...hmmm?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:14 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It would be pretty rare for someone to develop DEPENDANCE from two pills every 24 hours for 3 weeks. Three months may not even prove to be a problem. The problem starts when two pills become three that then become four, five or six in the same 24-hour period. Or one just doesn't seem to cut it anymore so then it's 1.5 followed by two at a time and so on. Taken as directed under the supervision of a doctor, he very likely has nothing to worry about. Again, if he has other issues going on, including any sort of dependence or addiction history, that might again be a bit of a warning sign. Otherwise there very well are hundreds of thousands of others doing the exact same thing today throughout the world. Where he is right now, however, is likely not a problem - especially if he actually has pain that he takes these for. According to a news report, Hydrocodone with Acetaminophen (APAP) was the most widely prescribed individual medication in the United States, accounting for 3,843.1 million prescriptions in 2008. He is in very good company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:21 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Thanks for your replies...I think he's in the clear. Maybe it was just my former addict self, getting scared for him.

Again, thanks soooo much!
Amber

Post subject: Grace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:03 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

[font=Century Gothic]Never apologize for earing on the side of caution, especially you being an addict you have a very good reason to be cautious and to be worried for him. Sounds to me like you are a very good friend!![/font]