It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:24 am 
New Poster
New Poster

Hi! Ive been searching online all nite!!
Anyway,my husband and I have both ben (clean) 4 almost 4 yrs,then over the summer,my husband had an issue w being let out of work half a day early,once a month 4 his appt.So we decided he had alot of clean time,and willing to show medical records of cleanliness if need be and told the HEAD bosses of the mines of his past.They werent happy,we found a place open on weekends,then had to pay cash for visits instaed of insurance. Now there was a meeting yesterday that 1/1/12 they will not cover prescriptions for anyone (myself) except the employee has to go to the company Psychiatrist,who wouldnt help get him to his appt when work was giving him problems.The psychiatrist thinks that he will be able 2 get the person off suboxone in only 6mths.Or that person may loose his job.If you dont go through him,and have suboxone in your system from another doctor,well..your screwed either way.I dont think they realize how many" Low"coalminers either take some type of pain pill cuz something is/was hurt,or that takes suboxone because of the addiction that your trying to get away from..If you know of anything that could help,or a prescription plan that would help us (WV) then please help!!! We have 2 babies,recieve NO assistance and can barely make ends meet now.Insurance is a differant language to me,and im not sure what else to type into the search engine and really need help!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:25 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi and welcome, I am sorry that you are having a hard time. It seems strange to me that the company he works for would decide what they are and aren't going to cover. You could call the insurance company and find out how to submit an appeal. Sometimes you must go this route to get things covered.

Another suggestion is to contact his union rep and ask them for help. That is assuming he is a member of the union. It's really hard to give you advise without seeing paperwork from your insurance company. I am also confused by the fact that what gets covered is decided by his boss and not the insurance company.

I am sorry I couldn't be more help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I agree with Breezy. It's odd that this new policy came from his boss when it's insurance related - or at the very least it needs to be confirmed with the insurance company. I would definitely call the insurance company and find our directly from them what's going on. And you can find out how to appeal their decision then, if need be. Make sure to take notes on all of your conversations - names of who you spoke to and what they said along with dates and times. You may need that someday.

I hope you can figure this out. And please let us know the outcome. Good luck to you. It truly sucks that this is happening to you.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:51 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Gosh, I am really confused. I read this and do not understand why suboxone is so looked down upon. My doctor tells me that he perscribes it for fibromyalgia, so whats the issue? It seems strange that it is a legally prescribed medication, far less dangerous than booze. It is not like alcohol where you can legally get intoxicated at an establishment, drive your vehicle to get back home full well knowing if you have more than 1 drink per hour you will indeed be over the legal limit, chance getting into an accident along the way and kill yourself and god forbid, others. It is all so screwed up this friggen world. I am so bummed. (I am tapering and in a very crabby mood) but is it just me that thinks this place (world) is fucked up. I really do not get why suboxone is looked so down upon. I am definitely confused.
I too am very sorry you are going thru this. The ladies above give you great advise. I sure hope you get answers from your ins co.