It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: hurricane irene?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:19 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

my next apointment for sub refill is aug 31'st ". irene wil hit here on the 29'th. i'm thinking about calling in for an early'er apointment be for the hurricane hit's. any one ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:12 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

You can always try.

Good luck.

Post subject: hurricane
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

anyone in the path of irene? i'm a little concern'd of what the after math will be on doctors and drug stores. and may be off the air here for an unknown of time. any one here on the east coast ?

Our Sponsors
 Post subject: hurricane
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:11 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

well". i'm from southern vermont. i made it through the hurricane, thank God.!! i was forced to leave my house at 6 in the morning. i tried to cross my bridge ,with water and logs raging across it. the fire department were yelling at me ,saying go"go"go'. i made it across . i have a truck fortunately" but the driver behind me did not. she was stuck in the raging water. and then rescued . she was ok. but then as i entered the red cross for shelter, i noticed i for got my medication and SUBOXONE !! i was scared to death. i said i need to go back home and get my meds. the red cross said we will work this out very soon . well'. i waited and waited for hours and hours and got sick of waiting. and drove back to the flood and injured my back by driving in to pavement with the dirt gone under it. and it jolted me so hard. my back is feeling better now. but thank God a man from the fire department let me get my meds 20 hours after the flood waters went down. my basement and 2 inch's of water in the house basement with washer and dryer are gone but my music studio is o.k!! the man from the fire department was very help full to me knowing how much i needed my medication. he asked if i was ok. i was sweating more than the rain was falling. i gave up and told him i was on subs. he said not to worry". as soon as the water go's down" the first thing we'll do is get your meds. i got my subs 20 hours later. but i was shaken a bit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

gee's ". is there any one affected by the hurricane, that may have coused problems with there med's? it went up half the east coast? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:00 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I am sorry you had to endure that and am glad you got thru it ok. I am in AZ so I was as far from it as possible. In a year I am moving to Virginia so I'll be on your side of the country soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:22 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi breezy ann". my brother is a border police sarg- and he's moving back to my side of the country!!
well some good came out of the storm. i'm going to an interview at the red-cross.
my sub doc has to drive an extra 70 miles :( it could take 2 or more years to bring Vermont back
and were going to miss 150 to 250 year old wooden cover'd bridge's :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

oops he's from tu'son AZ he gave me a lot of very nice photo's of AZ. but he's having med- problems and in to much danger with his work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:00 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi johnboy, I'm sorry for what you had to go through and I feel awful about what has happened in VT, a state I love very much. I am in CT and just got my power and water back late last night, so I've spent today trying to get my life back together. None of it really affected my Sub treatment, other than that I had just gotten down to 2mg in my taper, and for various reasons (stress being #1) I have been taking as much as 6mg/day. So now I am almost out, and after 3 calls to my doctor, he seems unwilling to give me an early refill. For what reason I have no idea, as he has always been helpful and understanding in the past, and it was my choice to taper. So now I am faced with being totally OUT of Subs w/in three days. I'm sure I can get it straightened out with a face to face visit, but I'm unhappy I have to go that route since I was just in for an appt. on Aug. 24 and the doc. is a 40 min. drive each way.
But in the sceme of things I feel pretty lucky. I know a lot of people have suffered much worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:05 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hi lillyval'. sorry i'm late. i lived in ct for 1 year and met a lot of friendly people. so you were down to 2 mg, but then by stress you were taking 6mg a day? maybe it was strain from the hurricane. most docs wont give a early script. its against the rules. but i hope he did? are you doing ok now, let me know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:53 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi John boy, I was curious what Rule you are talking about? I don't think there is any rule about getting a script early unless you mean a Dr.s personal rules for their practice. I have had early scripts twice, once in the beginning when he raised my dosage and another time it was around a week early because I was going out of town. He told me both times the pharmacy may want to call to ok it with him but otherwise it's no problem. Now your insurance may tell you that they will not cover it early. Back when I was on oxy I also had a few early fills and it is much more controlled. I mean no disrespect by this, I am just curious why you think that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:41 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

my bad". i guess i was think more about my doc about his rules. he don't even have a secretary, all he has is a crummy office and cell phone. i'm a little in the fog sometimes :oops: how many days did you take 6 mgs? i'm not sure of how many mgs you were taking before you tapered down to 2?