It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:28 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

I go to my chiropractor (he's also an MD) every week for massive pain :evil: .
Electrical stimulation.ultrasound,manipulation and massage. The result :?:
Freedom from pain killing drugs other than suboxone 4mg 3x a day.
Try it! Really, what do you have to lose :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:28 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

I have 2 fusions in my neck C5-C6-C7... I get nerve block injections, takes away at least 90% of my neck pain... I would be in real bad shape without them, there not cheap, but there is no alternative.... I got 2 injections in October and when I left the office there were 2 scripts for pain meds with at least 4 refills on each, this how it all started 5 yrs ago... Funny, when I took the meds 5 yrs ago , I started my opiate run with punny ass ultracets , Just 1 pill made me fell so good... I was to take 4 a day, I always dealt with the pain all day and took all 4 pills at 7 oclock at nite, I looked forward all day for that time, I always had something to look forward to, No matter what happened during the day I had my pills that only cost $3.00 for 180 of them... It was so private, Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:06 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Funny how a few small tablets can become such a guiding force in life! Mine started so small as well-- just having that codeine buzz at bedtime to fall into... made me actually look forward to bedtime each day! Of course, it then grew, as it always does.... and became a horrible nightmare.

I don't think that the general public realizes how many people got stuck from such a small starting point-- people seem to think that 'addicts' are people who started partying with opioids. That may be the case with a few people, particularly younger addicts, but even in their cases I think that many times they were self-treating depression or anxiety with pain pills.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:49 pm 
Im 25. I know for me, i started taking hydrocodone, percocets etc. in highschool because they made me very social and gave me energy. They always made sure i had just the right thing to say in any situation. They just made me love life. That is until i had my first withdrawal from them. Woo, it was hell from then on out. They were my best friend, and my worst nightmare all in one package. Opiates did help me with one thing that did come to be a big benefit for me. I had a horrible cocaine and ecstasy problem. My health was very much at risk as well as my life. Well, i was able to stick strictly to opiates because in a sense, they kinda gave me the same feeling as cocaine minus all the side effects. It was much easier on my heart compared to cocaine and ecstasy. It freed me from the grips of cocaine and ecstasy. Thats the only beneficial thing that came from opiates. And like i said, i know it was switching addictions but my life was at stake and i did what i had to do. Anyways, im definitely one of the younger people that started opiates because of selfesteem issues as well as confidence issues. Wasnt real good in social situations and opiates took care of all of that. However, the negatives of opiates are horribly horrible and so not worth it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:13 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

LifeIzGut wrote:
I go to my chiropractor (he's also an MD) every week for massive pain :evil: .
Electrical stimulation.ultrasound,manipulation and massage. The result :?:
Freedom from pain killing drugs other than suboxone 4mg 3x a day.
Try it! Really, what do you have to lose :roll:
what r u talking about suboxone is pain killer 25-40x more powerful than morphine. thats hardly freedom. go off it and youll see what i mean. IM NOT SAYING YOU SHOULDNT BE ON IT, BUT BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL FREEDOM IN CASE ONE DAY MABEY YOU WANT MORE (true freedom)