It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject: Re: Hubby's turn
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:22 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

pugmommy wrote:
That was my next question, if he was taking enough. God bless you guys for not wanting to be on a big dose, but please keep on full dose for awhile, be saturated and transition. Remember that this med is not like full agonists, as a bigger dose is addict like behavior in the beginning. Let your system adapt, and you will know when it will be time to cut your dose. The worst is behind both of you, keep marching on!

Pug mommy, jenn and Amy and so many others have been so helpful, cannot thank you enough.

We both are doing quite well, my attitude much better than his, he's onboard but I can tell, he is missing his pills. He knows going back on is not an acceptable option, so I will give it time as it takes time and a whole lot of work erasing 12 years or so of abuse.

I have a minor question:
We both realized we take our sub differently, while we both keep it in for 30 minutes, he spits and I swallow (no joke intended, whoops) - the question really is as described below, which is more effective?

He tends to dissolve within a couple of minutes by painting bits under tongue and on roof of mouth, whereas I just let it dissolve a little slower under my tounge and maybe paint any remainder around. He gets much larger saliva build up than I do -- curious if it really matters.

Also, I have read about the sweats, we both are having them, he has it much more than me - is there anything that can be done?

Finally, any advice about bowel issues? He is irregular with runs not constipatation which I have also read about.

OK, enough from me, thanks again to all!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:14 am 

Hey Longgone, happy to hear that u and ur hubby are getting into routine and doing well. There's always that bit of time in the beginning of sub treatment where u do miss the insanity of using. Some describe it as just the boredom now that ur day isn't consumed worrying about getting high. That does pass, just try to keep ur hubby busy, start a new hobby. It's pretty normal.

I take my sub like u said u do. I leave it in for however long it takes without spitting (trying not to swollow but sometimes it's impossible for me not to) and when it gets small I paint around under my tongue too. As far as ur hubby, everything he's doing seems to be ok too but I'm not sure about the spitting throughout the process, maybe some others can shed a little more info on that. Dr J has awesome tips in his talkzone blog about absorption, u should check it out.

I used to sweat like crazy at first. My hair would be wet underneath and using a hairdryer....it was a lot. But the sweating is temporary and doesn't even effect me anymore.

The constipation, that's also something a lot of us deal with. Go to the side effects section and you'll see tons of advice ppl say works for them. Me personally, I use applesauce lol it works like a charm for me. I eat some every day. I know that doesn't do it for everyone but u can try it. Also, there's been times where I've been so miserably constipated, I used a fleet suppository and within thirty minutes I'm good. And it doesn't cramp or hurt ya like laxatives can.

Well I know I wrote a book lol but just wanted to address ur questions. Others will be along to offer their opinions and what works for them. It's all a process and you'll finally get to know what things work for u and what doesn't :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:10 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Hey longgone you are so welcome. I had so many questions in the beginning and had no one to go to, I found Dr. Junig on youtube he was a life saver! The spitting and swallowing LOL!!! that was a good pun but getting back to topic, Aren't you both on buprenorphine and not suboxone? people spit saliva on suboxone to get rid of naloxone that is giving them a headache. But if it's just buprenorphine he should not be doing this. Tell him to sit with head tilted back to reduce saliva. As/ far as sweats, everyone has different symptoms. Every day you will feel better, trust that. And on that point, the diarhea will subside as well.

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:03 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

pugmommy wrote:
Hey longgone you are so welcome. I had so many questions in the beginning and had no one to go to, I found Dr. Junig on youtube he was a life saver! The spitting and swallowing LOL!!! that was a good pun but getting back to topic, Aren't you both on buprenorphine and not suboxone? people spit saliva on suboxone to get rid of naloxone that is giving them a headache. But if it's just buprenorphine he should not be doing this. Tell him to sit with head tilted back to reduce saliva. As/ far as sweats, everyone has different symptoms. Every day you will feel better, trust that. And on that point, the diarhea will subside as well.

Great tips right there...again thanks.

We are both on suboxone, I started with subutex and was switched after a week (dr said something about not be allowed to unless there are certain reasons where nalaxone is a problem). Hubby from day one.

Will take all the getting regular tips and pass them along, he always has had these kinds of issues so I'm not shocked and yup, he'll work his way through.

We've got lots of interests to pursue and now will even remember what we did a week later.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:54 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

It's another day behind you, I bet you're feeling better. Isn't that the way about opiates and not remembering what you did five minutes ago?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:08 pm 

I've been reading your hubby's progress and I'm glad he is feeling much better. I can only imagine that the runs will go away pretty soon. I'm so glad that pugmommy was there to remind you that you and hubby need to get saturated and stable before worrying about what dose you're on. In my mind this is a very necessary step when inducting on buprenorphine.

LG, I can't tell you how many times I have to bite my tongue (figuratively) to keep from writing the juvenile thoughts that pop into my head about the suboxone dilemma of spitting or swallowing! What am I, like 15??? :roll: :roll: :wink:

Amy