It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:28 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello everyone, it is a pleasure to be here. I've been doing quite a bit of lurking since I've decided to make the jump from Methadone to Sub, and well, I'm in the midst of it now.

After reading 1,000 topics about switching from Meth to Sub, I decided to begin. I've been on 15 mg Meth down from 70 for about 2 months. My last dose was Thursday morning around 9 am, it is now Saturday evening 9 pm, 60 hours. My withdrawals were mild with baaaaddd aches, very high frequency of yawning, stomach issues, etc. I took 2mg of Sub under the tongue and sit here now just as anxious about what comes next as I was waiting to dose.

IF I managed to dose to early, what is the general opinion on when I'll know? and/or how long would you recommend I wait before I dose again while making sure the P/WD aren't going to still possibly show up?

This is a very very nice forum you all have here, I've found tons of useful information thus far!

Thank you in advance!

------------------------------------------

Ahh! I'm scared to take the next 2 mg even though it has been over an hour because of the fear of P/WD freaking me out!

I'm sure other newcomers could use such information quite useful for their induction as well!

On a side note, how long do you leave your mouth completely full of saliva while/after the Sub is dissolving? I don't think I want to really spit it out until I know my dose ya' know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:33 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Well, it has been over 3 hours and I have now taken 10 mg so I'm assuming I lucked out and didn't have to face the precipitated withdrawals!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I can not tell you how happy this makes me!

May today be the first day of the rest of my life!

I'm still curious about the methods of actually taking it though. I held it under my tongue and then eventually swallowed the saliva, though I'm interested in the method of breaking it with your teeth and then putting it on the sides of your mouth. I'm honestly still slightly confused on how to do that right. I know it may seem quite silly to be afraid of doing something so silly incorrectly, but I am :-/

Bye bye methadone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:10 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hi thebry and welcome to the forum. I'm happy to hear it's been informative for you. I'm also happy to hear you haven't had any problems with your induction. Had you taken the sub too early you would have gone into P/W pretty quickly and you would have known it! I'm glad it worked out well for you.

The method of crushing the suboxone in your FRONT teeth (Dr. Junig's maximum absorption method) is quicker for one thing. After crushing it in those front teeth, you then use your tongue to sort of "paint" the entire inside of your mouth with the paste that formed after crushing the tablet. It will absorb through any mucous membrane on the inside of the mouth. Some people hold the saliva (before swallowing or spitting) only 10 minutes, others hold it up to 45 minutes. Personally, I only hold it for about 10 minutes. The lower the dose the person is on the more important maximum absorption is.

So how are you feeling so far on the suboxone? Sometimes with the transition from methadone it takes a few days to stabilize. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:46 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thank you for your reply!

I've found things extremely smooth in the transition thus far. I could not personally have asked for anything more, period. I just got home from a 12 hour work day and still feel quite well, had I been on methadone today, I would be hating the world. It's quite astonishing to feel how I do already when the Sub is barely 'in my system.'

I still don't get the whole 'paste on the sides of your mouth' because my mouth waters so much while the Sub is in that the saliva would just wipe it right off the sides of my mouth. I guess I'll be sticking with the under the tongue method for now. I will continue to update how things progress over the next few days, or however long.