It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:09 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

hey guys,
So I was down to .016mg for about 3 days and took my last dose on Thursday. I dose around 830pm every night and last night I decided to try and not dose since I felt totally normal without any w/d. it was the first time in about 24 days since I got into my microgram taper that I felt not even minor w/d (like RLS, sweaty palms, watery eyes) when nearing dose time. I expected to wake up this morning feeling a bit of these minor symptoms but I actually feel even better today than I did yesterday. I feel relaxed, no minor w/d, and no feeling like I am “missing” something. I think this is what "normal" feels like....so my question is, do you think I am off? if I am 44 hrs in and feel nothing w/d wise do you think I will continue to feel no w/d or will they start to pop up tomorrow or the day after. I really hope I am done and if I am this is good news for everyone because it means a painless jump is possible with a slow and very low taper...I would appreciate any comments. I will update how I feel tomorrow..Thanks guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:56 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I was reading one of your posts yesterday and was a little confused regarding your reductions. Was your last dose 16 micrograms (.016) or 160 micrograms. I only say this because it seemed that you reduced from 1mg (1000 micrograms) down to your present level very quickly.

My last dose was 12.5 micrograms prior to jumping and on the 4th and 5th days following I did feel a bit lathargic, although it was very minor and I'm not really sure if there was any connection. Can't say that I've experienced any PAWS either, so all in all, smooth sailing.

Best of luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:07 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

my last dose was 16 micrograms...A 2mg strip first cut into 32 pieces width wise, and I took 1/4th of one of one piece each night over the last three days. 24 days ago I was down to 1/10th of a 2mg strip once a day. I didnt take any for about 40 hours or so one weekend and then took .111mg, 1/18th of a 2mg strip. did this for a few days and with the help of clonodine I adjusted quickly with fairly little w/d. from there I moved to .055mg for about 2 weeks, then down to .032mg for about 5 days and then .016mg where i just stopped.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:38 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Excellent!

Congratulations on reducing so low - you should have little to no problems at this point. Please continue to post updates on your progress.

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:44 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

livin...sounds like you're home free....congrats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:45 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thank you I appreciate that...and I will update. by the way when I said I felt more relaxed if anything, I think lathargic would have been a bit of a better description so I am feeling what you described in your case. But it feels nice after all that RLS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:49 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Congrats, livin - I hope things continue to go so well for you!

-Jack Kornfield

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:56 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

thank you very much! This forum helped me immensely over the last 2 months when I had doubts about if a taper would really work. I was going to just quit cold turkey but reading posts here about successful tapers really helped me get through it. To think that for the last 3 years I thought I was alone in this! I wish I found this place sooner. Ive read so many stories on here about symtoms, tapering, and living on subs that I more than related to. I have never done this kind of "forum thing" so its been a wonderful experience. I hope I can add to the positive success stories here and pay you all back with hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:08 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

l i v i n,

It sure sounds like you're there. Congratulations on that taper, your discipline to drop to such a low dose is amazing. Good for you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:54 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

The half life , I had 3 days of feeling ok then it hit , not to burst your bubble but Im just sayin....maybe you wont get w/d , I sure hope not....good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:35 pm 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Congratulations, ill try to turn that last comment around into a postive. Yes halflife, however, i jumped from 16mg a day to 4mg the very next day, took 4 mg for 7 days and jumped completely. TALK ABOUT A TAPER SCHEDULE!! lol, 3 days i felt like absolute shit cuz i did not sleep , but by 4 day i was startin to feel better. I believe if you are at day 3 with none then you should not get much of anything. im completing day 13 without subs this evening and the only lingering feelings im having are sleep and anxiety but i jumped WAY FAST so i really think that you are going to be just fine. Take it from me it is possible to get through any slightly unomfortable feeling if you know that your ready to be done!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:50 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

thanks, yea the half life is what I am worried about but so far still nothing. I will update tomorrow. By the way newlife, I am still in awe that you jumped so high. thats unbelieveable. I hope you are doing well with the PAWS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:25 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

WOW Livin thats what I want to hear I am so close to jumping :) RIGHT ON ........................

Lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:05 am 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

thanks mg, I hope yours goes as well as mine is. 59 hrs in and I still feel completely normal and w/d free. not even getting the minor background w/d... nothing. If I feel this good by tonight then I think that means I made it.

Its weird because I actually feel better off the subs completely then when I was on a low dose taper over the past few weeks. I hoped for the day when I would just not need to dose but I never thought it would be this easy of a jump. maybe I should have stopped sooner...I think I could have stopped at .055mg and done this well. so I guess I went through minor w/d for about 20 or so days(some RLS, watery eyes near dose time, that "missing something" feeling) but nothing I couldnt ignore and because of that I am not suffering any w/d after stopping. This could not be better news for anyone tapering. it does work. you can get off with only slight w/d while tapering. you can make a painless jump. Lets hope I didnt speak too soon...(97.34% sure I didnt)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:19 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

l i v i n,

I'm 97.35% sure you didn't speak to soon!! :D

Really, at 59 hours plus, it's my opinion that if you were going to feel something, you would have felt it by now. You ROCK dude!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:02 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

thanks Romeo. 67hrs and still no w/d. if I make it to 830pm tonight without any w/d I will assume I made it because whenever I have lowered a dose in the past the w/d kicked in at the 72hr mark like clockwork.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:29 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

livin...I'm pulling for you, buddy! I am soooo happy for you....you INSPIRE ME...that I can eventually do this...thank you for hanging in here with us!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:48 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

thanks clearaqua, I have no doubt you can have a painless jump too just take it real low.

So it is 930pm and I officially passed the 72 hr mark. I am at 73 hrs without any subs. The ONLY "symptom" I am having is uncontrolled yawning which could be due to the fact that I woke up at 4am this morning and was so excited I was still not sick that I couldnt fall back asleep. I am just in shock that I may never have to obsess over dosing again. This has been my life for the last three years. For the last one and a half years not a day went by that I didnt obsess over getting off. Although I am more than happy I wont be thinking about it anymore it is like breaking up with someone you have been with for along time, even if they caused you nothing but misery. I am going to have so much time now to think about other things except subs. how wierd.... what to think about, what to think about....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:26 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Think about your continued recovery, think about your continued recovery!

Now is a great time to start preparing yourself for life "without a net"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:50 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

So I am about 91 hours in and I feel the best yet! Each day I think I am back to normal but then I wake up the next day feeling even more normal and good than the day before. I am about to go throw away my subs. mission complete. By the way I have kept a log of my symptoms and doses taken each day for the last 24 days. I anyone is interested in seeing it let me know and I will post it. I will also do the same thing mg113 is doing which is post why I think my taper worked. good luck to everyone still going strong with this. I now know the impossible is more than possible. its actually easy if you stick to your taper.