It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:06 pm 
Super-Duper Poster
Super-Duper Poster

living...your post just made me cry :) I am soooo happy for you.

Yes, please post your taper schedule...it is so inspirational for someone like me who is at the higher doses and scared of lowering. It gives me (and others) such hope.

I am so, so proud of you, my online friend....you won!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:21 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

thank you so much clearaqua. I found the same hope from others on this site when I was tapering so I know how it helps. I now know anyone can do this because I am so phobic of w/d and I just cant handle it. Because I was forced into w/d many times in the past(waiting for my pill connection to answer his phone) whenver I start feeling sick I tap out and cant handle it. I almost decided to stay on a higher dose of subs for life because my doctor said the w/d is not aviodable. I even considered going to that rapid detox center in LA which costs 15 thousand dollars out of pocket! And to now sit back and take in the fact that I got off with bearly a minor cold or allergy makes me want to cry too.
Since we are all human I am convinced anyone else doing this can achieve the same results. Just take it slow. I will post my taper and info on why I was successful here tomorrow. I have a big exam tomorrow I have to go study now. I found a new addiction, this forum, and I have to try and take a break for a few hours hahah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:23 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Congratulations livin! I am so happy for you! You seem to have done everything with your taper really smart. I just know you are home free now. I think even if you do experience something from here on out, you will be able to tolerate it. I know you are afraid of any type of w/d symptom, but you've gotten this far with very little, so I can only expect that is how it will be here on out!

Whatever the case may be, I wish you nothing but the best and continued success!! You are a great success story in my book!!

Good luck to you now and going forward!!

Hugs!

Rain

- Joseph Campbell

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:29 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Thank you rain I appreciate that. From what I read on your taper thread you seem to be doing really well too. When I was down to .5 it did not take too long to get lower. I was at .5 in January and the only reason it took until now to get to zero is because I took a break from tapering for awhile when school started up again. I was also inconsistant with my taper and often took extra when I wanted to relax and study or something. If you stick to this taper I dont see why you cant be off in a few months, maybe even sooner. all the best!

Post subject: Thank you!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:59 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

l i v i n wrote:
Thank you rain I appreciate that. From what I read on your taper thread you seem to be doing really well too. When I was down to .5 it did not take too long to get lower. I was at .5 in January and the only reason it took until now to get to zero is because I took a break from tapering for awhile when school started up again. I was also inconsistant with my taper and often took extra when I wanted to relax and study or something. If you stick to this taper I dont see why you cant be off in a few months, maybe even sooner. all the best!

Thank you so much! That means so much to me, it really does! I have currently gone down every 7 to 8 days, but did start some w/d symptoms this morning, so I will probably stay here until I stabilize. I at first was rushing myself, and had a few days where I felt sick, so I threw the "jump date" out the window right then and there! I read your posts alot, especially b/c when I start to think about getting really low on my doses, I start having anticipatory anxiety, so I like to read your success stories, and minimal w/d symptoms over for reassurance! ;) Anyway, just wanted to say thanks, and again to tell you KEEP IT UP!! You are sooo there dude!! It's awesome! :)

- Joseph Campbell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:32 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

haha thanks! yeah I totally relate to that anxiety and obsession of wanting to stop once you get really low. Its like your so close your pretty much off and you just want to stop, but if you do you start feeling sick. If you just dont worry about a jump date(which is hard I know because I was guilty of setting dates to stop myself) and literally wait for your body to tell you when, you will not suffer at all. I really didnt expect to one day just wake up and not need any. I am still shocked. I look forward to checking in to see how your taper plays out and congratulating you too. just take your sweet time. theres no rush. you have a lifetime to be off it. stay comfortable, theres no need to be sick through this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:45 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

almost 3 pm, day 5..ZERO and I mean ZERO w/d. At this point I think updates here will be repetitive. I will post if I feel any different over the next few days. Otherwise I will wait about a week or so until I reflect on this whole process in a post.