It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

my doc as prescribed me 10mg a day of subutex(5-2mg pills) i usually take 4mg a.m and 4mg p.m sometimes i will take all 5 if not i just stash em back. we decided to do this because it really helps out my pain(had broken back and dislocated c5-c6 vert.) it helps as good as any of the strong stuff i was on. along with some tylenol and naproxen o.t.c. my pain has become almost obsolete. i just have always like dosing 2x day instead of one. old habits die hard, i always look forward to the dose and enjoy the nice little working buzz i get. and always under the tongue for about an hour just to be sure then a good cup of joe to kill the after taste.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I hear you there old habits die hard and yes the Subs do help with the pain as good as the other stuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:17 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

hey saylor...what exactly IS that in your animated icon? LoL I've been wondering it for weeks!! :o

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

While I was on the tablet's, I would take 2-3 a day (16-24mgs). Since I swiched to the film's, i only take 1 a day (8mgs). I don't have any special time that I take them, I just take it when my body tell's me to, and that's "usually" it for the day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:59 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hello all. I've been lurking here for a few months and just decided to register so this is my first post. I remember reading somewhere on here about someone using the films intranasally so I decided to try it out and I must say it seems much more effective. I just cut a 1 or 2mg piece, fold it half and snort it so it lodges up aways in my nasal cavity. Much better bioavailability it seems. I'm going to continue trying this method and see how it works out. I know when dosing sublingually I sometimes get some intense craving just simply for the taste! I am currently on 8mg a day and would like to try and cut down to 4 for a while at least so I can save up a supply. Anyways I love this site since it covers so many issues and everyone here seems to be here for the right reasons...not like those other sites where all they talk about is different ways to get high. Happy subbing to all and hope the new year is fulfilling for everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:01 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hello and welcome, bupinator. I'm glad you finally decided to register and post. I think this is a terrific forum full of really great people.

I've read about people snorting their sub tablets, but you are the first I've heard of someone doing that with the film.

Again, welcome and I hope you stick around and post more.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:02 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hey thanks hatmaker. Yeah I woke up and took my dose as usual this morning under the tongue. I was going to try and keep doing the intranasal thing but I just plum didn't think about it. I'm just in the habit of waking up and splitting a film in half and taking it. Oh well it works good either way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:09 pm 
Im not gonna lie when I first got the films i tried shoving a 1mg piece up my nose and found it to be very ineffective. It just sat up there for hours on end and then sort up turned into a gel and i felt I got nothing at all out of it. Sublingual all the way for me. Tablets on the otherhand I used to snort early on in treatment for the better bioavailability and it did work out to be more potent mg for mg. I didnt feel like I was abusing me meds but I stopped because I was sick of constantly waking up with a stuffed nose feeling like I couldnt breathe. I new if I didnt stop I would probably get long term nasal damage if I kept doing it for years. All in all Im much happier being content with sublingual now. I think they should just come out with a bupe nasal spray since the BA is so much better then people wouldnt have to resort to snorting. Of course reckitt would never do that because increased BA means those blood suckers wont be getting as money due to people not having to take more than 50% extra than they need just to absorb enough medication.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:27 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have never heard of spitting out the pill at all from my doc. she told me that to place it under my tongue because of the a main blood vessel( I'm sorry if that is not the correct name) is there & it absorbs quickly into the bloodstream that way. So I usually always take 1/2 a dose in the morning, I try to wait at least an hour or so after I wake up & then the other 1/2 about 4 to maybe 6 hours after. Should I always take it the same time everyday? Since I am knoe down to a low dose it is harder to manage how I take them. 4 mg is a little tough right now, i still feel like I want more as the day goes on. I'm thinking of breaking into 4's maybe, which would be very small pieces but I'm willing to try to see if it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:48 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hillbrown - Some people do spit after dissolving the tablet instead of swallowing. Most of those people get headaches, possibly from the naloxone, so when they spit they don't get any of it and it supposedly stops their headaches.

So you're on 4 mg a day? That's right around the ceiling, which might be why you're feeling like you need more. It might not be enough to address all of your cravings. Ideally, someone on maintenance would dose once daily, but when you get to lower doses sometimes it deals with the cravings better if you dose more than once daily.

You can dissolve the tablet on any of the mucous membranes inside of your mouth. There is nothing special about the area under your tongue, contrary to what your doctor told you (and mine, too).

I hope this answers some of your questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:21 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Thanks, hatmaker, u answered all of them. I didn't know abou he oher ways of absorbion, shehad told me about the main artery under the tongue the first appointment i had w/ her. I am really feeling like I always wan to take an extra but I'm trying to get passed that because I imagine she will cut me to 2 mg, but I am going to talk her, she is prety understanding & I have always done the program to plan, not been dirty, for the 2 1/2 yrs so maybe she will not want me to compromise the work I've done so far since I may not be ready to go off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This is an area where people will end up knowing more than their doctors- and hopefully that fact won't cause them trouble! But as Hatmaker wrote, there is nothing special about the area under the tongue. Buprenorphine, like other lipid-soluble molecules, crosses the lining of the oral cavity and passes into the capillaries. Those big vessels under the tongue play no role in absorption; they are surrounded by layers of connective tissue that prevent significant passage of buprenorphine.

There are a number of medications that are dosed similarly; depending on the manufacturer they are described as 'sublingual', or 'buccal' (held between the lip and gum).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:24 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

The only time I dosed once a day was when I was on 24 mg two years ago. Now I dose all differant ways I feel like when I dose the same way for too long my body gets used to it. So for two weeks I may take my daily dose (8 mg)three times a day. Then for two weeks I may take half of my dose at eleven am and half at 4 when I get off work. I've learned from years of addiction that for me its better to never take my medicine first thing in the morning because if I have to go off subox I can get through that first five hours of my day like usual and at that it can make it easier to get through a whole day by starting off without anything. So I like to switch it up some. I try to take days and save quarters so if something crazy happens I have a few to fall back on,but that's hard when 8 mg is my lowest dose that works well for me. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:33 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

The idea of suboxone, especially with it's very long half-life, is for the patient to dose once per day - unless they are dosing for pain. What you're allowing yourself to do is to dose when you feel you "need" it - or need something. When we settle into once per day dosing it is to get us out of the frame of mind of taking a pills when we feel bad, etc. When you take suboxone you shouldn't "feel" anything. You might become accustomed to taking it a few times a day, but you shouldn't feel anything else. In my opinion, mixing your doses up doesn't help your recovery and it really doesn't do anything for you (accept for being able to take something when you feel you need it). I would highly suggest, unless you take it for pain, that you slowly get yourself down to once daily dosing. Then you can take and forget about it. I have only good intentions with this post, but I fear I'm wording my thoughts badly. But I mean no offense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:34 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

I need to proofread my stuff. When I said 8 mg three times a day I meant eight mg split into three pieces daily

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:40 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

Hatmaker I thought you knew I took Suboxone for pain management. And if im correct you do the same. Don't you splityour dose into three doses a day for pain management? It works better for me that way ive already done the recovery thing and stopped for five months (with no withdraws to add never missed work)I chose to use it again for chronic back leg and heel pain. But no you don't offend me bye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I crush my pills before I put it under my tongue. works much better and much faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:03 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I'm sorry, wade, I actually did not remember you took it for pain. Please forgive me. (So many people to remember info about!) Yes, I take it for pain, too. I take 8 mg either 2 or 3 times per day, depending on how bad my pain is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:07 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I am on 16 Mg and I have tried taking it every way discussed above and then some. Lately I have been waking up a little early and putting 8 Mg under my tongue while my mouth is dry and laying back down while it dissolves. Sometimes I will wake up 45 minutes later and there is still some left not dissolved. I recently started taking the other 8 Mg about 5 hours later. I put it under my tongue for about a minute just to get it wet. After that I move it to between my top gum and lip right dead in the middle of my 2 front teeth. Wow I absorb it so much better this way. I also recently quit smoking and noticed that alone made me begin to absorb much more as well. I got the idea of putting it between my lip and gum on the top from Snus. I have been reading about it and studies state that nicotine is absorbed through the oral mucosa and spitting is not requried because excess saliva is not produced when it is placed in the top gum. It takes longer to dissolve which I have always found to be better since you don't swallow half of it that way.

Post subject: i just hate the taste
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:57 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I have just recently started taking suboxone and i am on 10mg a day. I started out only on 8mg in the morning but I started having really bad detox symptoms the day after I saw the doctor. I called her and she told me to take a fourth that night and any night following that I needed to. I started taking the 1/4 every night around 11pm and my regular 8mg dose in the morning. It was working great and I finally felt like I was on the dose I needed. Then I went and saw her and she told me to combined the doses in the morning all at once, now when I take it after a couple of hours I feel like i have either a ton of energy or I pass out. My question is why she would have me put them together if it was already working the other way?

For the way that I take my sub is i try to put the whole 8mg pill under my tongue and the other piece beside it. Then I wait and wait, as it dissolves I try not to swallow but sometimes I just get to much. When I do have to swallow I try to hold my tongue down so it does not pull more of the pill from under my tongue and I also try to suck all the extra saliva away so I wont have to swallow again. It takes anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes for it to dissolve fully. My problem is the taste I can not stand it and I do try and wait as long as I can before getting something to eat. I mostly eat something sweet after I found that fruit snacks usually take that horrible taste right away.

I also have tried to take it by breaking the pill up into 1/4s, but I found for myself that it made my mouth water more resulting in me having to swallow more often. If it works for others then thats great, the most important part is that everyone finds the way that it works for them the best.

Thanks everyone for all the great advise

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next