It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:02 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Kevgeon,

I'm sorry that you seem to still be in the throws of active addiction. Have you thought about what's preventing you from taking the subs as prescribed? Perhaps if you did you wouldn't have these ups and downs. You're clearly abusing your suboxone, which is unfortunate, because that's obviously not what the intended use is. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to push your buttons, I'm just trying to understand. You have a great tool in your hands that could be helping you in your recovery. Did you say you also go to support groups/meetings? What about therapy, are you also doing that to help?

I wish you the best, I really do.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:30 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

hatmaker510 wrote:
Some people DO dose more than once a day. I do for chronic pain issues, as do others.

Additionally, those who are newly prescribed suboxone (as I believe Superbuper is) are sometimes dosed more than once daily, too - just until the cravings are under control. Many people taper down to a lower, stabilized dose from there.

My point is everyone is different and we all have unique needs that may not be so apparent.

I was happy you said this hat, cause 4 that one guy to say you are basicly useing a 2nd dose as a fix is just wrong. i as well use suboxone for chronic pain issues and even if i take my whole dose in the morning around 7pm my knee will go into serious pain and that 2nd dose will allow me to go on with the rest of my night and sleep. but hat said it we are all different hear an to judge someone by saying they are useing sub as a fix is just not cool man.

as of rock please dont post stuff like that hear man im not mod but i joined this site to get away from post like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:40 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

kev

sorry to hear your haveing so much trouble with your monthly script. it seems like you want to get on suboxone right but you also want to chase the dragon as some might say to fell good all day. you should use the army as a goal to get your sub use rihgt then once you do you can start to taper down with your docs help to get in the army. once you find that one thing like the army or whatever it may b that will b your everyday fell good instead of takeing a pill. and just think if your in the army then you wont have all that free time. one thing you can maybe try is if you live at home or live with a gf or someone you trust enough to hold on to your script for u and just give you your dose in the am then you wont have that pill bottle to stare at all day when its full hence the end of the month wont be a huge worry for you man.

Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:46 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Yeah, i think i'm gonna let my mom hold onto it for me, the problem is she is kinda a pushover and if i put a little pressure onto her she will give it up or i'll rifle thru her shit until I find it (thats the honest truth i'm totally powerless over myself it's horrible, i dont wanna get flamed for being morally unstable like that, i know it's so wrong to go thru her things.) What I need to do is make it like the old days when i first got on sub 8 months ago, when the doctor handed me my dose everyday, but i'm scared to go in there and say hey doc i've been abusing my sub and need you to hand it out to me everyday. I could let my dad hold onto it for me, he is not a pushover, but he is a drunk and i don't know if i trust him with it or not, he also looks at suboxone and methadone like i've just traded one for another and that it's wrong that i get to say i'm clean and be on suboxone (he has no idea i abuse it either). He used to be in the program for meth and alcohol and he hated that people got to be on medications and smoke cigarettes and say they were clean. Being the addict he is, the day he shot down the program what i heard was basically he was jealous that people had problems and got drugs prescribed from the doctor and he didnt, they got to say they were clean and still be taking chemicals, where he got thru his WDs with nothing and he is playing the pity party thing. So if i let him hold onto it he would totally use it against me in a drunk argument and shoot me down some more but i know he would never give it up to me (except for what i'm supposed to take) after i handed it over to him which seems maybe the best idea i dont know. I'm on his health insurance so he might be able to take me off if he thinks i need a cold hard detox, altho i could just go to the methadone clinic but i don't wanna switch over to that, just personal preference. The first thing he asked me after a couple days of being on it and getting stabilized and was coherent again he asked "Does it make you feel like anything?" and i lied and said no. I don't understand my body, i've been able to use incredible amounts of dope, yet my receptors have always been very sensitive it seems, altho i can develop a tolerance like anyone else, opiates that wouldnt do shit to some people could still get me off decently enough to satisfy my internal demons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:28 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

It sounds like you really want to get off the roller coaster you've been on. From your description, you might be right in that giving the meds to your dad wouldn't be a great idea. So that leaves your "pushover" mom. May I offer this? When you ask her to keep them for you be honest and tell her if you ask for them NOT to give in. Tell her to keep them far, far away from you. Does she have access to a safe? There are small portable ones that are reasonably inexpensive.

Just some thoughts. It really sounds like you're trying and that a really good thing! Remember that - you can do this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

'How do you take your Suboxone?'... I have a new post on the blog (STZ) about optimizing absorption of buprenorphine...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:13 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

suboxdoc wrote:
'How do you take your Suboxone?'... I have a new post on the blog (STZ) about optimizing absorption of buprenorphine...

Lately ive been takeing it a lil different. I take it twice a day total of 10mg im on sub for addiction and pain mang. I wake up in the morning take a shower,eat then i dose on 8mgs. Ill take a sip of water then take three big swallows to clear all salvia. put it under my tounge for about 25 minutes to 30 then once it get downs to a musy type way i would say i use my front teeth to brake it up then use my tongue to paint it all around my mouth roof,sides an gums. after that i hold the spit and swish it around for about 15 minutes then swallow it all and not drink anything for 10mintues cause ive notice that i still get absorption even after i swallow from all the residue left on my tounge. i dont mind the taste of suboxone at all so its easy for me to take it that i always make sure i have at least 35 minutes to take my sub in the morning but usually take 45. an then i do the same thing all over again with 2mg just after dinner time. so i take my morning dose at 1230 in the afternoon then my night dose at 7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:48 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Wow! I personally could not imagine spending two hours each day just taking my Suboxone! Now, I guess it's not that you can't do anything else but you can't even swallow for this time, can't talk, can't drink anything, can't even lick an envelope LOL. You also can't really be around anyone else while you are doing this - unless you can explain to them why it is you can't speak to them for an hour's time. On top of that, 1/8 of your waking day is being taken up by Suboxone administration?

If it works, hey, more power to you. I just know that there is no way I could make my current life fit into two hours of Bup administration everyday!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:16 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

donh wrote:
Wow! I personally could not imagine spending two hours each day just taking my Suboxone! Now, I guess it's not that you can't do anything else but you can't even swallow for this time, can't talk, can't drink anything, can't even lick an envelope LOL. You also can't really be around anyone else while you are doing this - unless you can explain to them why it is you can't speak to them for an hour's time. On top of that, 1/8 of your waking day is being taken up by Suboxone administration?

If it works, hey, more power to you. I just know that there is no way I could make my current life fit into two hours of Bup administration everyday!

Thats why i said i leave at least 35 to 45 minutes for my first dose in the early afternoon. and i always am done for the day after i eat dinner. im a full time student studying to be a chemical dependency couns. and hopeing one day i could change that to chemical dependency dr. but my true goal is to talk at high schools about addiction. But to be honest i rather take 2 hours out of my day to take sub cause those 2 hours mean 10 to 12 hours with no pain in my knee. ihave a real serious knee injury so ill do anything to take that pain away with out pain killers.

Post subject: My Unique method
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I seem the only one using the crush method.
Im on 8mg a day, usually take half in AM, half in PM. When I do, I put the portion im going to use onto a dry clean spoon,
then using another spoon crush the tablet into a powder, take the spoon with the powder and dispense it evenly all around
underneath my tongue. I usually do it in front of my bathroom mirror with my head slightly leaned forward so I can see underneath my tongue and ensure the powder gets dispensed evenly in mornings and evenings.
I like the crushing the tablet down into a powder so my mouth can skip the process of breaking down chunks, then dissolving
Instead my mouth can start the absorption right away,

Let me know what you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:16 am 
Hi chris! I see no reason whatsoever for your method not to be fine and acceptable. I vaguely recall reading about someone else doing it that way. But I think it was when they were near the end of a taper, where the pieces of the tablet were so small, they were crumbling anyhow. So he just divided them into 'piles' of powder and dosed the way you do it.
Again, I think it would be fine to do it that way. Thanks for sharing!

Post subject: Re: My Unique method
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:58 pm 
Super Poster
Super Poster

chris55552 wrote:
I seem the only one using the crush method.
Im on 8mg a day, usually take half in AM, half in PM. When I do, I put the portion im going to use onto a dry clean spoon,
then using another spoon crush the tablet into a powder, take the spoon with the powder and dispense it evenly all around
underneath my tongue. I usually do it in front of my bathroom mirror with my head slightly leaned forward so I can see underneath my tongue and ensure the powder gets dispensed evenly in mornings and evenings.
I like the crushing the tablet down into a powder so my mouth can skip the process of breaking down chunks, then dissolving
Instead my mouth can start the absorption right away,

Let me know what you think?

Chris, I do it the same way. Except, at first I put it under my tongue till it becomes kind of pasty then I do the "panting method." I find it more convenient then just putting the pill under my tongue. I also swish around all of the saliva in my mouth afterward for 5-10 minutes before I swallow it. Sometimes, when I put it under my tongue it takes up to an hour to dissolve, sometimes it takes 5 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:54 am 
One Month or More
One Month or More

Hello ~
I thought I would share HOW I take the subs as no one has mentioned this system. I set my alarm for 5:00 a.m. even though I don't have to get up until 6:00 and I grab 8 mgs that I have set aside the night before, put it under my tongue and go back to sleep. i wake up an hour later and the medicine is mostly dissolved. Just the residue is left and I just go ahead and swallow that.

I am sure that people will think that this might not work -- that they might accidentally swallow it, but I have been doing this for 9 weeks now and have never swallowed it whole so I guess it works.

My problem is that I take 24 mgs each day -- so I take the remaining 16 mgs. throughout the day. This is something that i need to address as I recognize that this is my old habit popping its ugly head if you know what I mean. I have no idea how I started this system -- of taking throughout the day..... I think it is because I started with one doctor who recommended a low dose taken throughout the day and then moving on to another doctor who didn't agree with my old doctor but didn't insist that I change. I am going to her tomorrow and discuss getting down to at least only twice a day......

Thanks for asking! This has been quite interesting. Cheers, FAD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:55 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I am not sure how some of you will feel about what I am about to write. And I apologize for the long windedness. :roll:

Let me start by saying that in my opinion, with all drug use, there is a ceremony in the preparing and the administering of the drug, this is true even in drug treatment. IV use is one of these but that is not part of this discussion. For some, these ceremonies can be triggers to use and are thought best to be avoided, or they can be reinvented to be therapeutic and help avoid relapse. Because you are replacing the old drug of choice with your subs (or meth) I find the ceremony helpful. Even that person (from previous post) who sets there alarm..throws a sub under their tongue....catches a couple of more ZZZ's. This ceremony is probably greatly anticipated and sounds like a great way to start a day. It is part of their therapy but could be considered addictive behaviour. As long as it is a means to an end, I say, "so fucking what?". They aren't waking up to crush and snort an oxy 40 and catch some more winks, they are starting their day ideally and therapeutically according to their prescribed medicine and daily dosage, they have just tailored it to suit them...it is a ritual/ceremony.

I am not going to try and kid myself or you, and say that I don't get pleasure from doing suboxone. I am also not going to lie by saying that I don't want to use it to it's fullest potential. I just try to get that pleasure through experimenting a little...re inventing my ceremonies.

I have been on subs for 2 months now. The first two weeks had me wondering if I was one of the people who couldn't get used to them as the headaches and insomnia were driving me batty. Still better than W/D, but had me thinking that Methadone was maybe what I should be on. Then everything just got better. A whole lot better. I felt very good, not high like I used to get (taking ridiculous amounts of oxycontin), but good, clear headed, energetic, motivated and more like me than I had been in a long while. So I have to say I get a fair amount of pleasure from my prescribed dose, and more recently, less than prescribed.
In my opinion this is not abuse of suboxone, as I am not taking more than I am prescribed,(if anything less daily) and I am taking it in relation to a program that will eventually take me to a point where I am not using any opiates at all that I will adhere to diligently.

I am in no way an expert on this subject but I have read many opinions from experienced medical persons on suboxone and other experienced suboxone patients>

First off if you are a smoker, the smoking will actually constrict the veins under your tongue and elsewhere in your mouth slowing absorption.
Drinking an Earl Grey Tea no sugar before sublingual dosing has worked for me to reduce excess saliva. I have had great success on 12mg daily sublingual dosing and from beginning to end the entire process takes about 15-20 min.
Pills (2x2mg + 1x8mg) all in at once and are completly gone after 5min. I press my tongue down on them kind of making a seal between where the pills are resting and my lower teeth. I Fake swallow to control the reflex every so often and I'm avoiding a nasty mouthful of spit. The rest of the dose time is spent not smoking, drinking or eating as per the suboxdocs suggestion.

If you are concerned about optimal dosing i.e. as much out of pill as possible....I have read preparing the mouth with an alcohol solution works really well for increasing Bio Availability. I have read dissolving the pill in the alcohol (about .25ml per 1mg of sub)and using the solution absorbed in a cotton ball(about the size of a pea). After stirring and letting the mixture sit dissolved for 3-5 minutes, place cottons in the solution to soak it up, then place them under tongue until cotton is white and avoid swallowing solution during this time. On the State side the sub pills are orange in colour, that is what I mean by leaving the cotton in until it turns white. In Canada the subs are white. You can spit or swallow remainder of solution depending how you feel about drinking alcohol. This is said to increase the BA by up to 70% more than just the pill alone. Insufflation increases BA as well by about 50% of sub-lingual use. This can be a trigger to some people which could lead to over use or relapse to other substances. Also too, I have read that the Naloxone does not perform it's role as it is said to. ( Does not prevent IV use of suboxone. I will leave that one for you to research on your own. this is where I draw the line for me ....not judging at all)

Remember not to confuse the long half life of bupe with the length of it's effects. One is not linked to the other. That is why single daily and multi daily dosing are both effective. Think of "Pot" it has a similar half life (1.5 days mean) and it's effects can be felt multiple times throughout the day by continuous dosing. 8)
What is cool and somewhat unique about bupe is that it is actually more effective at lower doses and has a ceiling dose, above which it has no added efficacy. Most of you belonging to this site surely know most of the interesting characteristics of buprenorphine already. I hope I didn't upset anyone or talk out of line. I respect this site for what it is, a therapeutic tool, but it is also a forum for discussing the use of suboxone to help an opiate dependent person abstain, and remain clean from other opiates. I might have a slightly distorted view of what therapy should be limited to, but i have not cheated and I have to do urine tests weekly. Used to be twice weekly but I have been a good patient. :wink:

Cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

This is only my 2nd day but i take 2mgs/2x a day low dosage, but so far working :D My doc told me that the 8mgs were cheaper to buy, just break in 4's. Notice this morning that some are bigger than others, so i just take a bigger 1/4 in the morning since that was always when i needed my DOC the most.
Peeps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:30 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

I've been on 8mgs since induction in Jan of 2009, and still go the same way. Just pop it under the tongue. Sometimes to speed up the absorbtion, I'll press my tongue down against the tablet. Still get the same effect as if I just left it there for 30 minutes or so. I used to have a pretty good addiction to Loracet, and I noticed every so often, I'll end up popping a second tablet during the day. The Suboxone still works for me. I honestly believe I would have lost everything in my life had I not found this medication.

You armed me with strength for battle, you made my adversaries bow at my feet. Psalm 18:39

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:54 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

Im down to 4mg per day, I dose in the morning. I absolutely hate the taste. I usually just stick it under my tongue about 5:00am go back to sleep and it dissolves. I haven't smoked in 30 years but now I crave cigarettes... nasty. After every smoke I wash my face and hands and rinse or brush my teeth. I wish there was a different way to take this medication.

I do see the light at the end of the tunnel though, I cant wait to quit taking all of my meds (Im down to Suboxone and Nuronton).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:29 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

I just take mine as directed- sometimes I will break my dose up into two doses because I have pain issues. I am testing out 2mg now (down from 3, which I was on for about a week), and am trying to just take it all at one time because breaking an 8mg tablet into anything smaller than quarters, to me, is not very precise, and I don't know how many mgs I would actually be getting. At least I can estimate that I am getting somewhere around 2mgs now. If that doesn't work and I happen to suffer from pain, then I suppose I will just have to find a way to break them up into smaller pieces. It's only day two for me on 2mgs, but so far, so good:)

Post subject: Drug addicts
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:50 pm 
Power Poster
Power Poster

WOW you guys sound like a bunch of drug addicts LOL. I have enjoyed reading your posts thanks guys I never put much thought into taking it just put it in my mouth let it desolve and done never had a
problem with it don't wait tem minutes drink right after. And it says in the pamplet to take a drink of water before to moisten the mouth. I have been taking suboxon now for a little over a year and hade no problems tried to get off but don't think I'm ready for that I abused and been perscribed all major pain killers out there for the last 10 years started at 17 with percs 10/650 after shoulder surgery called every thursday and got 90 from ortho look back know and can't belive it happend like that at age 17. But that was only the begining well back on the farm I have been taking Soboxon for a year now so the Dr. switched to subutex much cheaper tast horid but desolves quick. I do take it for pain managmint to and I just fill better taking the 16 mg one 8 mg twice daily in the morning and at night what ever makes you fill better. Good luck to all of you and take it one day at a time or like I do one hour at a time thanks for letting be bable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:57 pm 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Hey rsaylor - welcome to the forum. Like you, I take bupe for pain management as well as my addiction. I dose either 2 or 3 times daily (16+ mg), depending on my pain level. I hope you enjoy the forum. I've found it to be quite supportive in my recovery. When you're comfortable, start an introduction/my addiction story thread and tell us more about you. Again - welcome! I hope you stick around.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next