It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:49 pm



All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Our Sponsors





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:21 pm 
I think you can be completely confident that your husband is telling you the truth. Suboxone when taken properly is to be dissolved under the tongue and it enters the bloodstream through the oral mucosa. The doctor who started this forum recommends chewing the tablet up with your front teeth and spreading it all around the mouth in order to get the best absorption. That is essentially the same thing as crushing the tablet up.
donh is correct - Suboxone does not give a "buzz", that's not how it works. Although a few do report feeling some sort of a buzz with it, that is not the norm.
So no, your husband isn't trying to pull anything over on ya! That's the "honest truth."
As far as Suboxone strips....haven't heard about that either. I have heard talk of more and more medications potentially being made in the form of strips which dissolve in the mouth and I know there are a few that are already available in that form. I think there are some vitamins or supplements of some kind like that, I can't really remember exactly. Fill us in if you know something about it please.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: The way I take my sub...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:12 am 
I have been taking Suboxone for 4.5 months now. I started off the traditional way dissolving the pill(s) under my tongue. When I tried Suboxdoc's maximum-absorbtion method, it would never work because no sooner than I would crush up the Sub pill with my two front teeth, my mouth would absolutely fill up with saliva. Something about the tartness of the pill as I am chewing it makes my saliva glands go crazy. I decided to try to do his method for a week anyway, and by the end of the week I started to experience withdrawal symptoms. Obviously, because I had so much saliva filling up my mouth the Suboxone wasn't really getting absorbed very well. After that I went back to the regular, under the tongue tried-and-true method. Works like a charm:

I always take my entire Suboxone dose late at night (or after midnight) while I'm watching TV, usually between 10:00 PM and 1:00 AM. I put all the Sub under my tongue, and I have a specific position in which I hold my tongue so that the pills stay in an optimal area right underneath of it while they dissolve. Here's where I'm different from most: I let the Sub dissolve for a solid hour. The people who can get away with 15 minutes or even a half an hour, I don't know how you do it! It takes forever for these things to dissolve....and anyway, I want to give them a lot of time to absorb into my body. Periodically during the hour that the pills are dissolving, I will use my tongue to stir them around a bit. And then at the end of the hour I swallow all of the saliva. I used to spit out the saliva in order to avoid the intake of any naloxone, until Dr. Junig explained so helpfully that naloxone doesn't get absorbed at all through the GI tract, and even if it did, it would only be very mildly unpleasant and would last only 20 minutes at a maximum. That was a relief to hear, and now I don't worry about the naloxone in my Sub at all anymore.

I'm tapering my dose now, NOT tapering down to go off of Subs, but to get to the lowest maintenance dose possible that keeps me comfortable and able to be free from opioid cravings. I started at 24 mg's, right now I'm down to 6 mg's, and by next week I plan to be down to 4 mg. I suspect that that will be about as low a dose as I will be able to go for maintenance. There are all sorts of advantages to this strategy, such as lower cost in case I lose insurance coverage, more easily achievable narcotic pain relief in the event of an unexpected traumatic injury, less negative physical side-effects, and the ability to save more Suboxone from my current prescription for my "personal rainy day stash".

james


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:48 pm 
Offline
One Month or More
One Month or More

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:51 pm
Posts: 30
Hi, I just joined and am glad to find this forum, I have a "down pat" way of always taking my suboxone. I just recently got out of detox so I'm only on 8 1/2mg once a day. I put it all under my tongue and hold it there good and tight and sometimes just gently crush them up with my teeth and then hold the saliva for 10 minutes after all is dissolved. I watch the clock. If I get the uncontrollable reflux to swallow, I have my lips so tightly sealed all the time and bow my head forward, holding all saliva at front of my mouth so when I reflux swallow I dont swallow much or any saliva. Then I hold my head upright again. After 10mins are up I swallow the saliva. I see my sub doctor tomorrow and I'm sure he is going to raise my dose because at 9am when I take it, it holds me comfortably only till about 1 or 2 pm.


Top
 Profile  
 
Our Sponsors
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:42 pm 
Offline
One Month or More
One Month or More

Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:51 pm
Posts: 30
I forgot to mention after reading almost all these posts on here, the reason at least for me that I can't dare drink even a sip of water etc after holding saliva for 10mins and swallowing it is because even my nurse at detox and my suboxone doctor said I could go into sudden wd's. Well back in 2006 months before I went switching to methadone, one night I took my last suboxone 8mg and crushed it with my teeth after a long time of it not totally dissolving, then waited 10mins to swallow it. My Mom was making supper and I didn't know it would be ready so fast or I would have avoided disaster. After 10mins were up and I swallowed the juice, what you know she said supper was ready and I was like omg!. So 5 mins after sitting there she said why aren't you eating? I just took my last suboxone of the night and I think its been 6 mins now I think I can eat. WRONG, within a minute after I got done eating and swallowing a glass of water. We were sitting there talking and suddenly instant wd's, I had to run to the bathroom and almost throw up, I sat on the toilet but for some strange reason my digestive system was not bothering me except I had to go once, then I had to lay down because I was suddenly sweating like crazy and crying, the whole mess. My mom understood and said "well I guess you need to wait half hour or more before eating then". I tried taking another 8mg sub under my tongue and that was a waste, it made it worse, then a little better until I had to spit it out and waste it. What an addict I am, I was so used to opies as gold that just losing one pill was a disaster. So I had to tough out a half of a horrible night of wd's that luckily calmed down and I actually slept the other half of night away till morning. So lesson learned only once, just thought I'd share this so nobody makes the mistake I made.

Oh another hint, when you have it all dissolved and counting down minutes to swallow or spit, when you get the urge to swallow, hold your lips sealed tightly and bow your head forward like someone praying or crying, that way all saliva "lol like a pelican stays all at the front of your mouth" so if you swallow, you wont swallow any or hardly any saliva at all, then after you accidently swallowed you can hold your head up again and keep the saliva in your mouth until its time to swallow or spit. It works good for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:15 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:03 pm
Posts: 991
I am reading these posts and laughing hysterically because this is the first I bothered to read this thread since I am an expert after 2 1/2 years of taking right?

Apparently not so much. No one ever told me ANY of this shit. I used to throw it under the tongue and smoke a cigarette just to make the whole process go faster. I'd have that sucker gone in less than 3 minutes most the time. And I don't mind the taste really. I am just the least patient human being I have ever seen.

Faster has to be better right? Hmmm.

Well at least now when I go back on it I can re-learn how to do it properly after studying these posts a little more.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Say what?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:56 am 
I let the Sub dissolve for an hour as well, which I will admit is probably a bit excessive. But "sudden withdrawal"? Sounds more like food poisoning to me! :lol:

Z


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:03 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Buffalo New York
Ive been on suboxone for almost 3 years now. ive tryed many methods of takeing my sub and for me this is the best way. Ill start my morning off with a shower then eat breakfast, wait 10 mins after im done eating to take my sub i take 10mg a day 8 in th emoring and 2 b4 bed. SO il grab a glass of water take 2 sips to clear any left over food an then swallow 3 good times to clear all spit. break a 8 in half place each one on the right and the other on the left an let dissolve for about 25 mins once it is all dissolved i hold the saliva in my mouth for 15 mins then swallow it all at once. an im good for the day, like i said ive tryed many methods and this works best for me. my input to all you guys just do what works for you as long as you stay clean and have no WD were great lol.

excuse my spelling bout to go to bed lil tried!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:23 am 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:42 am
Posts: 164
I am prescribed 16 MG a day but I take between 12-16...I take my dose all at once....I'm not doing it for a buzz or anything but the fact is I just don't like taking it twice a day...Whenever I take it in the morning i'm fine but when I'd take it at night it would make be all clammy and kind of drowsy and kind of give me an upset stomach. My schedule is a little different than "normal people" I go to bed around 4-5 AM and wake up around 12-1...I usually take my dose at around 2 PM. If I take two I just break them both in half and put two halves on either side of my tongue or If i take 1 and a half I break in the one in half and the half into quarters and just put them on either side....

What I recommend for people who don't like the taste or if it takes forever for you to dissolve is just to crush it and put it under your tongue. About a year I did on of those 1 week suboxone detox programs...Kind of like a methadone program....You get up really, really early, go take your dose and hang out with abunch of heroin addicts who aren't really serious about getting clean, just avoiding W/D's until they get there next fix. Anyways...You couldn't not take your dose home and the nurse couldn't sit there and watch everyones pill disolve as it sometimes can take a while so she'd just crush it, put it in a cup then you'd put it under your tongue...The dissolve process would take like 10 seconds. I personally don't mind the taste so I don't crush it up but if i'm in a hurry when I wake up and have to brush my teeth and get going I'll just do that and it works great.

Is it considered "bad" that I kind of double up my dose? I'm not taking more than prescribed I'm just taking it all at once since I don't like splitting doses.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:57 am 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Buffalo New York
mayunholdup wrote:
I am prescribed 16 MG a day but I take between 12-16...I take my dose all at once....I'm not doing it for a buzz or anything but the fact is I just don't like taking it twice a day...Whenever I take it in the morning i'm fine but when I'd take it at night it would make be all clammy and kind of drowsy and kind of give me an upset stomach. My schedule is a little different than "normal people" I go to bed around 4-5 AM and wake up around 12-1...I usually take my dose at around 2 PM. If I take two I just break them both in half and put two halves on either side of my tongue or If i take 1 and a half I break in the one in half and the half into quarters and just put them on either side....

What I recommend for people who don't like the taste or if it takes forever for you to dissolve is just to crush it and put it under your tongue. About a year I did on of those 1 week suboxone detox programs...Kind of like a methadone program....You get up really, really early, go take your dose and hang out with abunch of heroin addicts who aren't really serious about getting clean, just avoiding W/D's until they get there next fix. Anyways...You couldn't not take your dose home and the nurse couldn't sit there and watch everyones pill disolve as it sometimes can take a while so she'd just crush it, put it in a cup then you'd put it under your tongue...The dissolve process would take like 10 seconds. I personally don't mind the taste so I don't crush it up but if i'm in a hurry when I wake up and have to brush my teeth and get going I'll just do that and it works great.

Is it considered "bad" that I kind of double up my dose? I'm not taking more than prescribed I'm just taking it all at once since I don't like splitting doses.


No its fine you take your dose all at once. when i first started i was on 16mgs and my dr told me i can either take it all at once or take half in the morning and the other half when i needed it. i would just take it all at once and never had a problem so your fine man!


Top
 Profile  
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:09 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Buffalo New York
So ive been takeing my sub different for the last few days and ive been getting much better absorb. from it. i read how the Doc said to take it so i altered it a lil. Basicly i spilt my sub in half like b4 put one on each side. then once they get soft and small ill take the pill on my tongue and rub it all over my mouth aka paint it on the roof of my mouth gums all over then let it sit for 15 mins and things have been going great this way!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:57 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 am
Posts: 76
Location: New Jersey
subcozied39 wrote:
I forgot to mention after reading almost all these posts on here, the reason at least for me that I can't dare drink even a sip of water etc after holding saliva for 10mins and swallowing it is because even my nurse at detox and my suboxone doctor said I could go into sudden wd's. Well back in 2006 months before I went switching to methadone, one night I took my last suboxone 8mg and crushed it with my teeth after a long time of it not totally dissolving, then waited 10mins to swallow it. My Mom was making supper and I didn't know it would be ready so fast or I would have avoided disaster. After 10mins were up and I swallowed the juice, what you know she said supper was ready and I was like omg!. So 5 mins after sitting there she said why aren't you eating? I just took my last suboxone of the night and I think its been 6 mins now I think I can eat. WRONG, within a minute after I got done eating and swallowing a glass of water. We were sitting there talking and suddenly instant wd's, I had to run to the bathroom and almost throw up, I sat on the toilet but for some strange reason my digestive system was not bothering me except I had to go once, then I had to lay down because I was suddenly sweating like crazy and crying, the whole mess. My mom understood and said "well I guess you need to wait half hour or more before eating then". I tried taking another 8mg sub under my tongue and that was a waste, it made it worse, then a little better until I had to spit it out and waste it. What an addict I am, I was so used to opies as gold that just losing one pill was a disaster. So I had to tough out a half of a horrible night of wd's that luckily calmed down and I actually slept the other half of night away till morning. So lesson learned only once, just thought I'd share this so nobody makes the mistake I made.

Oh another hint, when you have it all dissolved and counting down minutes to swallow or spit, when you get the urge to swallow, hold your lips sealed tightly and bow your head forward like someone praying or crying, that way all saliva "lol like a pelican stays all at the front of your mouth" so if you swallow, you wont swallow any or hardly any saliva at all, then after you accidently swallowed you can hold your head up again and keep the saliva in your mouth until its time to swallow or spit. It works good for me.



Your telling us that if you eat something (like you did) after taking your suboxone you will go into withdrawls because you didn't wait a certain amount of time? Are you out of your mind? A nurse told you that and it happened to you? Why would that happen? Where is the science behind that happening? Help me understand this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: injecting subs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:31 am 
Offline
New Poster
New Poster

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:09 am
Posts: 1
I take 24mg a day. Sometimes for reasons most of you can figure out, my script runs low before I'm due for a refill. Anyway, I have injected suboxone before and have found that 2mg IV is about as effective for me as 8mg sublingual. I must warn you guys though. Do not inject suboxone if you have any other oiates in your system. I have taken suboxone "too soon" under my tongue and gone into precipitated withdrawal. It is unpleasant as you slowly go into severe withdrawal. The first time I injected suboxone I had other opiates in my system. It had been about 24 hours and I thought I was good to go. I prepared the injction and did it. Thirty seconds later i experienced what I can only describe as a "withdrawal rush" my skin started crawling 10x worse than normal, I was sweating like crazy, my pupils were huge, my heart was racing. I thought, "this is what hell feels like." For the first minute I contemlated going to the hospital. I then decided to get into a hot bath. I laid in the bathtub and prayed this would pass quick. About 5 minutes later I realized the witdrawal had at least leveled off. I got out of the bathtub and laid in bed. I fell asleep and woke up an hour later feeling totally fine. My thoughts are that the bupe knocked everyopiate out of my receptors sending me into PW. But after an hour, the bupe filled my receptors and killed the withdrawal. Some folks say that the effects I felt were the naloxone but they were not. It was from the bupe. Since then, I have injected suboxone but while only taking suboxone. It works fine. I have not experienced the nalaxone cancelling out the bupe. I try not to IV subxone too much, but if I'm running low it is definitely something I will do. Anyone else ever IV the big orange stop signs?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:23 am 
Hello Rock. I don't want to discourage you from posting on the forum because if there is anything I can do to help you, I would like to. However I am going to ask you to refrain from posting information about how to abuse Suboxone or any other drug for that matter. This is not the place for that type of dialogue.
It sounds to me like Suboxone is simply another drug of abuse to you. You certainly are not using it as directed by your doctor. My question to you is this.....Do you want recovery from addiction or not? Because if you do, Suboxone can be used as one of many other tools in a real recovery from opiate addiction. The freedom and happiness you can find in recovery will far surpass what you're doing now. It surely cannot be pleasant to be running out of medication, injecting a substance that is not intended to be injected.....it's all insanity. Recovery can start with something as simple as just following your doctor's instructions with your Suboxone. Stop trying to treat yourself and think about getting more help with your addiction.
What you're doing now is dangerous and I don't see how posting about it here can be helpful to anyone. I'd like to see you get some help because as I said before, I don't think the way you're using Suboxone right now is benefitting you much at all. Let us know if we can help.


Top
  
 
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:48 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 am
Posts: 76
Location: New Jersey
"I take 24mg a day. Sometimes for reasons most of you can figure out, my script runs low before I'm due for a refill."



Why would your script run out? I can't figure out the reason because I know your not getting high off of it. Are you? Even if you inject it I didn't think you would get a high from it unless you didn't have a opiate habit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:50 am 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 am
Posts: 76
Location: New Jersey
angelo212 wrote:
subcozied39 wrote:
I forgot to mention after reading almost all these posts on here, the reason at least for me that I can't dare drink even a sip of water etc after holding saliva for 10mins and swallowing it is because even my nurse at detox and my suboxone doctor said I could go into sudden wd's. Well back in 2006 months before I went switching to methadone, one night I took my last suboxone 8mg and crushed it with my teeth after a long time of it not totally dissolving, then waited 10mins to swallow it. My Mom was making supper and I didn't know it would be ready so fast or I would have avoided disaster. After 10mins were up and I swallowed the juice, what you know she said supper was ready and I was like omg!. So 5 mins after sitting there she said why aren't you eating? I just took my last suboxone of the night and I think its been 6 mins now I think I can eat. WRONG, within a minute after I got done eating and swallowing a glass of water. We were sitting there talking and suddenly instant wd's, I had to run to the bathroom and almost throw up, I sat on the toilet but for some strange reason my digestive system was not bothering me except I had to go once, then I had to lay down because I was suddenly sweating like crazy and crying, the whole mess. My mom understood and said "well I guess you need to wait half hour or more before eating then". I tried taking another 8mg sub under my tongue and that was a waste, it made it worse, then a little better until I had to spit it out and waste it. What an addict I am, I was so used to opies as gold that just losing one pill was a disaster. So I had to tough out a half of a horrible night of wd's that luckily calmed down and I actually slept the other half of night away till morning. So lesson learned only once, just thought I'd share this so nobody makes the mistake I made.

Oh another hint, when you have it all dissolved and counting down minutes to swallow or spit, when you get the urge to swallow, hold your lips sealed tightly and bow your head forward like someone praying or crying, that way all saliva "lol like a pelican stays all at the front of your mouth" so if you swallow, you wont swallow any or hardly any saliva at all, then after you accidently swallowed you can hold your head up again and keep the saliva in your mouth until its time to swallow or spit. It works good for me.



Your telling us that if you eat something (like you did) after taking your suboxone you will go into withdrawls because you didn't wait a certain amount of time? Are you out of your mind? A nurse told you that and it happened to you? Why would that happen? Where is the science behind that happening? Help me understand this.





OK, I read alot of the other post that you made and realized why you would go through what you said you do if you eat. It's because of your medical condition and the way you absorb medicine and food etc. I understand know.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: My preferred way
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:08 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:59 pm
Posts: 162
Hey all.... Very cool reading everyone's experience with taking their dose of subs. Seems like it's a matter of opinion and the individuals circumstances. For me, I started taking my sub the traditional prescribed way as the label states. I'm currently taking 8mg a day and I dose once in the AM and once in the evening. Taking my full dose the prescribed method seemed to take awhile 30 minutes or so to fully dissolve which was a problem for me. Suboxdoc's maximum-absorption method works the best for me... I still dose twice and day but use Docs method. Since I have kids and find it very difficult to walk around the house "MMMMMMing" everyone, I always take my first dose first thing in the AM when I wake up and kids are still sleeping. I crush half of an 8mg pill between my teeth, not necessarily my two front teeth. I find it best to make sure I haven't drank anything recently. If I drink, I find that I produce too much saliva. Once the pill is crushed between my teeth (usually my ride side of my mouth) I rub my tongue across the surface of my teeth (right side). The powder dissolves immediately into a small amount of saliva. At this point, I swish the saliva all around and move my tongue to all surfaces of my mouth for fifteen or so minutes and I'm done..I do swallow the saliva when complete. I find this method works well for me. I take my second dose on my way home from work...and on the weekends I usually always have a spare fifteen minutes of peace and quiet to take the second dose... Hearing around this forum of people dosing once in the AM sounds like this would be the best option for me....Something I will definitely be considering in the near the future.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: My preferred way
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:10 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 am
Posts: 76
Location: New Jersey
SuperBuper wrote:
Hey all.... Very cool reading everyone's experience with taking their dose of subs. Seems like it's a matter of opinion and the individuals circumstances. For me, I started taking my sub the traditional prescribed way as the label states. I'm currently taking 8mg a day and I dose once in the AM and once in the evening. Taking my full dose the prescribed method seemed to take awhile 30 minutes or so to fully dissolve which was a problem for me. Suboxdoc's maximum-absorption method works the best for me... I still dose twice and day but use Docs method. Since I have kids and find it very difficult to walk around the house "MMMMMMing" everyone, I always take my first dose first thing in the AM when I wake up and kids are still sleeping. I crush half of an 8mg pill between my teeth, not necessarily my two front teeth. I find it best to make sure I haven't drank anything recently. If I drink, I find that I produce too much saliva. Once the pill is crushed between my teeth (usually my ride side of my mouth) I rub my tongue across the surface of my teeth (right side). The powder dissolves immediately into a small amount of saliva. At this point, I swish the saliva all around and move my tongue to all surfaces of my mouth for fifteen or so minutes and I'm done..I do swallow the saliva when complete. I find this method works well for me. I take my second dose on my way home from work...and on the weekends I usually always have a spare fifteen minutes of peace and quiet to take the second dose... Hearing around this forum of people dosing once in the AM sounds like this would be the best option for me....Something I will definitely be considering in the near the future.



There is no sense in dosing twice a day as the half life for suboxone is 37 hours. Also, it is suggested here that people get used to dosing once a day as it keeps you away from the feeling like you need a fix later on in the day like we use to do when we got high so many different times a day or some think to that affect. They explain it better here then I did if you run a search on why it is best to dose once a day. I'm glad you will try it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:23 pm 
Offline
Long Time Member
Long Time Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:55 pm
Posts: 4847
Location: Leesburg, FL
Some people DO dose more than once a day. I do for chronic pain issues, as do others.

Additionally, those who are newly prescribed suboxone (as I believe Superbuper is) are sometimes dosed more than once daily, too - just until the cravings are under control. Many people taper down to a lower, stabilized dose from there.

My point is everyone is different and we all have unique needs that may not be so apparent.

_________________
-As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

-I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:22 pm 
Offline
Super Poster
Super Poster
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:59 pm
Posts: 162
hatmaker510 wrote:
Some people DO dose more than once a day. I do for chronic pain issues, as do others.

Additionally, those who are newly prescribed suboxone (as I believe Superbuper is) are sometimes dosed more than once daily, too - just until the cravings are under control. Many people taper down to a lower, stabilized dose from there.

My point is everyone is different and we all have unique needs that may not be so apparent.




You are 100% correct. It was actually suggested by the doctor at the Outpatient Clinic to dose twice daily for that exact reason. Control the cravings. Since browsing this forum and watching some videos from Dr. Junig I quickly learned the benefits of dosing once daily. I even recently asked my Psychiatrist whom I'm currently seeing for my Suboxone Maintenance what he thinks is the best. He simply stated whatever makes me feel comfortable. He never explained at all why dosing once daily would be all you need. I am really interested in starting to dose once daily. Any suggestions besides asking my doctor? Seems like if I just take the full 8mg first thing in the AM, I shouldn't feel any different as the half life is so long anyways... Guess it has become more of a habit, as I never have any cravings at all between doses.

Now here's the interesting part.. I have two bulged discs. One at L5, S1 and one in my neck.. Forgot where it's located C3, C4 I believe. I constantly have some type of lower back pain that increases throughout the day... Not sure if the Sub is doing anything for me with pain... If I decide to dose once per day, I just may find out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Meh
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:43 pm 
Offline
Power Poster
Power Poster

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:59 pm
Posts: 44
I'm prescribed 16mg a day, no matter how i take it, it always gets me high. I'm down to taking 8mg a day now because i ran myself short and i do this every script for the last 8 months, it drives me insane my life revolves around getting up in the morning, taking my suboxone (sometimes i hit up a meeting before dosing) and playing videogames before work. Funnily enough sometimes it seems like taking 8mg for a few days im getting higher by the 3rd or 4th day than when i was taking 16mg. My habit was huge when i came into treatment and it's gotten me loadeed from day 1 with periods of high tolerance and not feeling anything, than one day BAM sub has me loaded again. it's nothing like what i got from shooting dope but it is a relaxed euphoric feeling and then around the middle of the day i'm scrambling to take more and when i cant because i'm low i just gotta keep myself busy until bed time. I've tried splitting up my dose but if i can afford to take more because i know my body can run on 8mg a day i wanna stay high all day every day. I don't know what to do, just biding my time until saturday when i get my refill and then the insanity starts all over again. feel good for a week and a half than go back to 8mg a day and then serious mental cravings in the middle of the day until my refill.
I wanna get off this shit and join the Army but i can't live my life without the little high i get every day from the sub, my life is so boring i wanna kill myself and the sub makes it worth living because i get my nice feeling and some videogames :-\


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Our Sponsors
Suboxone Forum latest topics RSS feed Subscribe to the entire forum
 

 

 
Fond Du Lac Psychiatry
Dr. Jeffrey Junig, M.D., Ph.D.

  • Board Certified Psychiatrist
  • Asst Clinical Professor, Medical College of Wisconsin

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group