It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Our Sponsors

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:32 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Dawnie1118 wrote:
I have only been taking the tabs for 3 weeks so my question is how can you tell if you haven't let it dissolve the right way? Do you get cravings? What is the best way to do the tabs? I put it directly under my tongue then am I not supposed to talk, swallow or eat or drink anything for how long after I put it under my tongue? Can some one explain for me....thanks :?

Hi, I think there are alot of posts thru this thread on this question that might be why no one has answered your question. You can get different ideas by looking through it, but for me I just put the dose under the base of my tongue, a little to one side, lower tongue, let dissolve without swallowing or as little as possible. I dont eat or drink for at least 15 min.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:51 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

In reading this thread I see people who are iv ing their suboxone. I hear things like, works great! No withdrawal from naloxone! I can't imagine how hard this must be on your hearts and other organs if you did this on a consistent basis. I'd like to share Im 47 years old and on suboxone, 3 mg. A day now. I abused iv drugs for alot of years I won't list them all and I used good filters for majority of time. I wanted to share I have heart valve damage from iv drugs. You all have freedom of choice, but think about it and what can happen if you ccontinue this route. Stay safe! S

Last edited by swbupe on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:56 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Im on 3mg. of strips. I have found that taking about 2/3 of the dose in am or 2 mg. and 1/3 or 1 mg. In late afternoon. This split 2/3 am and 1/3 pm worked well on my larger doses as well. Stay safe!, S

Our Sponsors
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:22 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

I take a total of 12mgs a day split up into 3 4mg strips that I take throughout the day.

I find my taking only 4mg at a time, the strip dissolves faster but there's still always a little bit of orange goo-ey stuff. That's supposed to happen right? I just end up swallowing that stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:07 pm 

Welcome MTL..,
Hey, listen, that gooy orangey stuf you just swollow? , that IS the Suboxone. .
You need to keep that med in ypur mouth louger. You will get more of your dose this way. We call this Bioability.
So maybe tomarrow just take that orangey stuff, use your tongue and paint the intire inside of your mouth with it .
Your doing fine but swollowing your suboxone is a waste of med ..

I see on another thread you haveca few months andcare doing very well. Congrats on your new clean life.
Its a big step getting clean and you have done it!!!

Keep posting and reading here. Also, go over to Dr junigs Talkzone blog. Great information there too.

Razor..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:24 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

1 boy who supervises me taking it sits amd talks to me till it disolves.
So I put it below the tongue and try not to swallow any saliva but a little always goes down.
Am only at it couple of weeks so am still learning.
A woman who gives me it sometimes just walks away after I put the Sub in my mouth.
So I crush it up then sit and do my best not to swallow any saliva.
Even after I leave I go as long as possible trying not to swallow saliva.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:13 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok I am on three 8mg strips a day. I have been told that it's a lot. But I feel like it's working well for me. I take one in the morning while at work then one after lunch and one right before bed. I was wondering if I was taking it right so I found this forum. There are so any different opinions on how to get the most medicine from your strip. I have been just taking as prescribed.

1. Drink water before taking
2. Place strip under tongue on one side
3. Lower tongue
4. Let dissolve completely(mine dissolves in like 3 or 4 mins
5. Don't eat or drink for 15 minutes( sometimes I drink five mins after and smoke)
My dr didn't tell me anyway to do iti just followed directions. I haven't had any cravings for pain meds though and that's amazing. So I guess it's working?

HELP me understand the best way. I have been on suboxone for 10 days.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:13 pm 
6 Months or More
6 Months or More

Canders,
Looks like you are settling in to your new Suboxone lifestyle. And that is what it is.
To your question, You are taking your subs the right way. You might try brushing and gargling with mouthwash to excite the blood vessels in your mouth to get a little better absorption.
Also, later down the line, I would consider dropping your dose a little at a time. 24 mgs a day is way up there and could cause some unpleasant side affects later on down the road.
Why don't you create your own thread and tell us more about yourself and your history of abuse. It helps us all communicate better with one another.
Welcome to the forum
Happy

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:41 pm 

Canders,

Just like happyg1961 said, you are just getting used to being on Suboxone. A lot of doctors prescribe the exact dose you're on because that's what the manufacturer told them to do. IMO, it is way to high of dose. Will it hurt you in any way? Nope, not that I can think of.

I too was put on that exact dose and told my Dr. it was way too much. He poo poo'd me and told me to stay on it. I didn't. After less than a week I dropped down to two 8 mg doses equaling 16 mg's. A month later I cut that in half and so on and so on. Within one year I was down to 1 mg and never felt any withdrawals at all.

You do what's best for you. We just give opinions here. We are not doctors. There is a resident doctor here and he posts every once in awhile. Plus another one who posts back. But we mods and members are only giving you our experience. What you do with the information is up to you.

Welcome here,

rule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:18 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Okay I'm down to 1mg and right now I take almost 1/2of that in the morning and then either the rest of it around dinner time or leave a very small bit until right before bed. I need to mentally get down to not taking it so manyntimes per day. I feel like I'm still fullfilling the old behavior by dosing as often as possible with what I have. Any suggestions? Also, do you think that since my body is used to taking smaller amounts at a time that it would be too much to take it all in the morning once per day? Any advice or thoughts would be helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:19 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:25 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

i take 8mg and i take a half then a half later for10 min have a nice day~~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:28 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

As a new member here, I just though that I would add my thoughts, and pass on my doctor's methodology.
Just FYI, I an fortunate to have a very well qualified and experienced sub doc.
She recommends a very wet mouth, so that the tablet dissolves quickly into almost a solution, which you then hold under your tongue for 10 minutes. Her reasoning is that you maximize the BA by effectively dosing as you would in a liquid suspension , and I find this interesting in view of the excellent thread on tapering via liquid dosing.
I should add that this seems to be effective with smaller doses, I take 2x2mg daily, and found it a bit uncomfortable to do with a full 8mg tablet.
So, just an alternative, which is less time consuming and makes you concentrate (which I mean, obsess!) less about taking your medication.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:11 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Wow, interesting reading all the replies, I haven't really thought about how I take mine in depth before lol.

Im on 32mg a day so generally have one or 2 8mg strips at once either under my tongue or inside my cheek. I make a coffee, take my subs and by the time they're all dissolved my coffee is nice and Luke warm like I like it.

If I have a morning dose I just dissolve them in my mouth while running around after the children.

I went through a stage of plugging them and doing a few other strange things (never IV with the sub strips) but soon got over that. On 32mg, no method is going to make you 'feel' the bupe.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:14 am 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Or if I don't get around to dosing until quite late at night, as seems to be the case more and more these days, I will maKe my coffee or lemon balm tea and fall asleep on the couch in front of Dance Moms re runs while the strips are dissolving and wake up a few hours later with that gross, bitter taste in my mouth, then drink my now cold beverage and fall back asleep ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:11 pm 
New Poster
New Poster

Ok so I have been taking suboxone for nearly 7 years. I first started out with the suboxone hexagon pill. Then about 4 years ago my dr put me on suboxone film. I take 2 8mg films each day, one when i wake up and one in the evening. I have always been to to put the film under my tongue and swallow when it has finished dissolving.
Have I been doing this wrong for nearly 7 years now? IMHO it has worked for me just fine. Don't see any reason to change the way I take it unless I'm not getting the right dosage absorbed.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:09 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Hi all, old post I know, but thought I'd add my 2 cents :-)

I WAS taking my sub all wrong, swallowing my Salvia everytime & having headaches & nausea w/o fail. Was terrible. I was also "chipping" thru out the day....having all the crap side effects.....
After learning so much on this site in such short time I've been here,(maybe a week) I've learned so much, I dropped my dose tremendously, I'm now taking 2 to 3mgs at bed time, spitting out all saliva & side effects have lessened a great deal!
I owe it all to Dr J's vlogs & everyone kind enough to share their story's ect.
So if u r new here PLEASE PLEASE stay & keep asking questions and commenting, it's helped me so much and I know lots of other sub takers!!!!

Best of luck to everyone & God Bless
♡♡♡

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:51 am 
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

I tried spitting my saliva a couple of times. Ended up experiencing quite intense withdrawal type effects 12 hours after! Sadly it doesn't work for me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:49 pm 
Average Poster
Average Poster

Personally, I set my alarm for 30min before I want to get up and roll over and put 2 strips under my tongue. I then fall back asleep for 30-39 (iPhone snooze button) and kazzow....full absorption.

If I am taking over 16mg I will put it in around 2pm at work and write reports. That way I do not have to interact or talk with anyone. Or if it is a weekend the afternoon dose goes in and a nap is coming.

I am taking 32mg a day right now, with a 16mg afternoon dose and I sleep great. I have lost weight, my snoring is under control and I have never felt better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10